Curio Power Ideas

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Curios that give a truefavour-type boost to a specific lessonpool, like Mysticism or Communion.

Curio that you can activate once a day to gain a temporary Truefavor for an hour.

A curio that gives no bonus, but when you anchor it in a manse, it not only gives that room a room-type (water, sand, forest), but give that room up to three ambient messages when someoe enters that room.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I like the last idea of a terrain/ambient curio and could see it done with a collection where you could anchor pieces of the collection across multiple rooms to create a river through a manse etc.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I don't see that happening, considering there are dingbat artifacts to make manse terrains. Sure, there's only freshwater, desert and beach, but we're likely to see more coming eventually.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Turnus said:
    Remember when curios were just cool npcs (or anchorable in a room) that followed you around and had various messages when prodded, but no other benefits? Those were cool.
    I also rather enjoy the dingbat toys whose existence is only to give you an aura line.
  • How about the curio power to stop making new curios, because they're a pain in the rear?

And every time a new curio set is released, every other curio in the game gets that much harder to make.

That'd be a cool power.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited March 2014
    No moar curios! (Especially not as monthly promo items. Without being able to sell pieces  for gold/credits, they're worthless to most)

EDIT: sell, or get them IC.
  • I kinda have to echo the above... Curios started out kinda awesome with the fluff curios. After that they kinda took a turn for the worse with the set curios (so you'd no longer have to complete one curio, but four specific ones). And it seems the longer it goes, the more combattive they become (10% HME boost that stacks over everything else?). If new curios are created, make them completely utility-centered (much like the curio that gives permanent 200-charge enchantments), not stuff that gives combat buffs.
    Or toy curios, those were fun. They also seem to work best when there is some decent means of getting them outside of chunking out huge cash for the chance to complete one.
    Yeah, definitely fine with more toys... as long as they don't cost an arm and a leg, of course (And don't end up being the only promo for the next five months)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    If we MUST have more curios, I would suggest more harmless toys that follow you around, or ones with no power but have a pretty ambient.

• I would love something like the kittens that the Poteen pot put out. Without the nightmare of watching someone nearly die from burping them up the first time.

Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll
    Diniah said:
    I would love something like the kittens that the Poteen pot put out. Without the nightmare of watching someone nearly die from burping them up the first time.
    There were animated curio kittens. Don't think I've run into one recently, though.

Glass Kitten curio. It was one of the first curio sets, and is therefore basically impossible to complete.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Adding custom teleport message curios to the above Shu list.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• No more plz.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Diniah said:
    I would love something like the kittens that the Poteen pot put out. Without the nightmare of watching someone nearly die from burping them up the first time.
    There were animated curio kittens. Don't think I've run into one recently, though.
    The Exhibit manse have all the old curios in it (clock tower, kitten, turtle, etc).
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited March 2014
    Shuyin said:
    Curios that give custom entrance / exit.

More curio masks / stoles. 

Flavor stuff is good.
    Order Curios for the above, please. =]

edit: 

to elaborate:

I'd like an Order Set:

o Mask Curio
    o Custom entrance/exit
    o First Gen Curio that follows you around(and you can touch to get them to speak)
    o a Beepbeep doll equivalent that can be used 10 times before disappearing. Resets after 15 minutes.

The set would ideally transport you to a room that has exits to the Fulcrux of the God and the prime entrance to their Temple.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

edited March 2014
    I would love Order curios only on the basis they should be obtainable only through means pertaining to the Order itself. Offering x amount of essence while in said Order generates a piece, influencing mobs generates a piece, doing Order quests generates a piece. Also the set vanishes if you leave said Order, that way you can't simply have them all.

The reason I don't see this happening, is because it's just another rift between active/inactive Divine Orders, sure Estarra could simply create something for every Divine, but aren't Order related items suppose to be the personal input of the God themselves?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Dirigible equivilant curios.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I like Turnus's and Celina's ideas.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I don't mind the flavor ones, but I think changing the tumble/fly/leap messages would throw off people's systems, wouldn't it?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Just add the lines, the same way people do whenever new choice exits get added.

• Bump! Feel free to consolidate your favorite ideas!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Estarra said:
    Bump! Feel free to consolidate your favorite ideas!
    Do they have to have powers? Can we suggest some more like the oldest ones with room ambiances?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Or toy effects?