In which Crumkane revisits His fae, and the Order meets a new friend

EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
edited May 2014 in Event Scrolls
Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights runs His hand along the brown sugar hill, a beaming smile upon His face.

A gingerbread man storms in from the up, yelling, "Power to the pastries!".

Crumkane gives a delicious gingerbread man the once-over, eyeing him suspiciously.
A delicious gingerbread man glares angrily at Crumkane.

You wag your tail happily.

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "You made all this, Lord?"

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Is it how You remember?"

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to a delicious gingerbread man, "What... what is this creature?"

Half-Baked Imus Mes'ard, the Confection That Wrote says, "Rude gingerbread man."

A delicious gingerbread man flashes the victory sign.

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "A footsoldier of the pastry revolution."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to Xaldrin, "The landscape is quite similar, but its inhabitants are quite... strange, yet vaguely familiar."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Do all of the beings here resemble cookies?"

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "No."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "The licorice dynasty is to the east."

Half-Baked Imus Mes'ard, the Confection That Wrote says to Crumkane, "I think that they are either a similar fae to the sugar and spice fae, or are evolved from them."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "A dynasty?"

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "And up the tower of gum is the muffin man and doughboy."

Half-Baked Imus Mes'ard, the Confection That Wrote says to Crumkane, "Yep."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "I sense the fae slightly... yet they are quite different."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "They safeguard Your rolling pin. Divine right, and all that."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "What is this Doughboy?"

Xaldrin shrugs helplessly.

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Honestly don't even know."

Half-Baked Imus Mes'ard, the Confection That Wrote says, "Uhm...a thing. I think."

Imus shrugs helplessly.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Everything is the same, yet not right at all."

You say, "...a boy, made of dough. To put it simply."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "My fae, they were so joyous to take up home here."

You glance askance.

Half-Baked Imus Mes'ard, the Confection That Wrote says to Crumkane, "Would You like to meet the queen? She is quite...determined to remain as the ruler of this place."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Perhaps we shall have to meet others of these confectionary creatures."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Ladyfinger is her opposer."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Is she the closest of these beings nearby?"

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Ladyfinger is just east and south."

You nod solemnly.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Then perhaps we shall have to meet this Ladyfinger."

Crumkane greets Ladyfinger with a sincere smile.
Ladyfinger exclaims, "It was the yeast of times, it was the thirst of times, when the Liquorice Queen and her advisor Lord Necco decided to oppress the pastry population. But we shall rise up like the dough we are, and overthrow their tyrannical rule!"

Half-Baked Imus Mes'ard, the Confection That Wrote says, "Ladyfinger is the oldest one I believe."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to Ladyfinger, "Greetings, creature, I am Crumkane, creator of this land. A land I gave to the sugar sprites and the spice pixies."
Ladyfinger says, "It is said that Crumkane imbued us with the spirits of his faaa-eee servants to preserve his favorite creations, also known as reese peas."

Crumkane gives Ladyfinger the once-over, eyeing her suspiciously.
Ladyfinger nods her head sagely at Crumkane.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to Ladyfinger, "I did no such thing, but... it does seem as if these are indeed the fae, somehow."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "These are indeed Your fae, Lord."

Half-Baked Imus Mes'ard, the Confection That Wrote says to Crumkane, "It -has- been some time since Your departure, my Lord, so it would make sense for things to get messed up or twosted around."

Ladyfinger says, "My... it can't... surely not."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "They've been here so long, guess they started to look like the landscape."

Half-Baked Imus Mes'ard, the Confection That Wrote says, "Its a possibility."

You see Ladyfinger yell, "Crumkane, Lord of all that is Sweet and Holy, has returned to us once more! Surely He shall help free the Pastries of the tyrannical rule of the Licorice Dynasty!"

You open your mouth but say nothing.

Imus gives a pained sigh.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "What has occured here since My departure?"

Imus creases his brow in a frown.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Little ones, what know you of this place?"

Half-Baked Imus Mes'ard, the Confection That Wrote says, "Perhaps...it is best to show you."

Imus chews on his lip, deep in thought.

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "War between Ladyfinger and The Muffin Man, against Queen Licorice and Lord Necco."
Ladyfinger says, "It was not always true that the Liquorice Dynasty ruled Crumkindivia. It is said that many years ago, pastry and candy lived in peace and harmony. But then the Liquorice clan found the Rolling Pin and claimed they were the rulers of Crumkindivia by divine right. Though their rule was moderately benevolent for a time, when the present Liquorice Queen took power, it was seen she wanted to make the pastries nothing but slaves to the candy population."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Oh. There you go."

Crumkane rubs His chin thoughtfully, raises His eyebrow and says, "I see..."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "This Queen, take Me to her at once."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Furthest east, in the palace."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Everyone, Xaldrin shall lead us there then!"

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "She does not like me."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "But will bring you."

The Liquorice Queen yells, "What are you on about now, you nutty cookie? Did someone spill pecans in your dough before you were baked?"

Imus thrusts his palm towards his forehead and hits it with a resounding *smack*!

You follow Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army east to before the liquorice throne. (9912)

Crumkane gives the Liquorice Queen the once-over, eyeing her suspiciously.
The Liquorice Queen arches a liquorice eyebrow imperiously at Crumkane.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to the Liquorice Queen, "What right have you to claim rule in My name, Candy?"

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to the Liquorice Queen, "I left no right to power to any of the fae, be they sugar sprite or spice pixie."

You whisper, "...or Sotsepmet..."

The Liquorice Queen says, "My Lord... I was merely... merely holding Your seat, of course."

Xaldrin snickers softly to himself.

The Liquorice Queen stands up and takes a place next to the throne, emptying the seat for Crumkane.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to the Liquorice Queen, "I do not want your silly throne. You embarrass Me."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to the Liquorice Queen, "However, do stay where you are. You need not sit down just yet."

The Liquorice Queen says, "Yes... yes, Lord."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to the Liquorice Queen, "Is what they tell Me of your rule true?"

The Liquorice Queen says, "The rolling pin, legend says that the one who holds it shall rule."

The Liquorice Queen exclaims, "And it was likely one of you that made up these legends. They are merely gibberish!"

Crumkane gives the Liquorice Queen the once-over, eyeing her suspiciously.
The Liquorice Queen arches a liquorice eyebrow imperiously at Crumkane.

The Liquorice Queen exclaims, "I blame the peeps!"

The Liquorice Queen points accusingly at a peep soldier.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to the Liquorice Queen, "I care less about legends, I left NONE in power here."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Cowardly reaction to true rule."

Imus nods his head in agreement.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to the Liquorice Queen, "I do not wish you to hold this throne any longer, candy."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to the Liquorice Queen, "You shall remain standing."

Before the liquorice throne.
Scrumptious drifts of sugary air waft away from a shield shrine of Crumkane nearby. This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. The vaulting ceiling of this spacious chamber focuses beams of pastel light onto the center of the room, and all the ornate decorations which loudly proclaim the extravagance of the chamber also lead the eye to the same place: a low dais, steps made of lurid pink gum in a small echo of the ziggurat depicted in the tapestries outside. And perched atop it, a magnificent throne made of wrought liquorice, dark as night yet gleaming as if catching an unseen light. Though the room is filled with other furniture, low tables, uncomfortable but stately chairs, divans, even wardrobes, the eye misses them, drawn instead to the elaborate throne. Before the stately seat is a cleared area, the floor scuffed clean from countless kneeling callers who came before. There are 2 peep soldiers here. Standing next to the throne, the Liquorice Queen surveys all who pass beneath her. Half-Baked Imus Mes'ard, the Confection That Wrote is here, shrouded. Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights stands here, His presence perfuming the air with the warm scent of mouth-watering confections. He wields a golden hued, wicker cornucopia basket in His left hand and the golden horn of the Lord Epicurean in His right. Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army stands here amidst a cloud of deathly cold mist. He wields a solid platinum bardiche ornamented with spikes with both hands.
You see a single exit leading west.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Now, who else has helped this candy claim rule over this land?"

You exclaim, "The Lord Necco, her executioner!"
The Liquorice Queen exclaims, "Our good and loyal subject, Lord Necco, is very religious. His goodly rituals will prove that the Liquorice Dynasty rules by divine right!"

You frown and shake your fist angrily.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Shall we head there then?"

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army ruffles around his possessions and withdraws a cloth-wrapped medal. He delicately unwraps it in his hands, displaying the medal of the liberator of the pastries to Crumkane.

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "We have been trying for a very long time to remove her from her throne."

Half-Baked Imus Mes'ard, the Confection That Wrote says, "Ah, I remember that."

You follow Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army up to laboratory in a minaret. (9909)

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "I shall deal not in their... politics, but none shall sit in a throne and claim My name."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Lord Necco."

Imus nods his head emphatically.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to Lord Necco, "Surely word has gotten to you about My return, candy?"

Lord Necco kneels before Crumkane, swearing his allegiance to Him.

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Ah, something else You should see after this, Lord."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army looks a bit uncomfortable.

Lord Necco says, "Greetings, Lord, a pleasure to see You returned."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to Lord Necco, "You have used My gift in a way against the pastry denizens of this land, no?"
Lord Necco exclaims, "The pastries deny that our Queen rules by divine right!"

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to Lord Necco, "The pastries would be correct there."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across your lips.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to Lord Necco, "None shall rule in My name any longer."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to Lord Necco, "The name Crumkane shall give no power to any here."
Lord Necco exclaims, "Glory be to Crumkane, the Sweet Creator. The Molder of our lives! The Mixer of our souls! Now that He has returned, our power shall surely grow!"
Lord Necco throws himself onto the ground in awe and respect.

Lord Necco bows his head in prayer.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to Xaldrin, "You wished to show Me something else?"

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army hesitates, but nods.

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Doubt You will like it."

You follow Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army northwest to within a production facility. (22644)

Within a production facility.
Banks of clouds roil about here. Vats can be seen in the distance all about you, bubbling and frothing high up in racks from which bits of smoke and fumes drift downwards, putting strong, sweet scents into the air, ranging from peppermint to liquorice and even a chocolatey, enticing one. Many ladders have been removed, shuffled off to one side and chained to the wall with links of jawbreakers. To the north, a large platform surrounds a vat, from which rainbowed smoke plumes. Half-Baked Imus Mes'ard, the Confection That Wrote is here, shrouded. Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights stands here, His presence perfuming the air with the warm scent of mouth-watering confections. He wields a golden hued, wicker cornucopia basket in His left hand and the golden horn of the Lord Epicurean in His right. Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army stands here amidst a cloud of deathly cold mist. He wields a solid platinum bardiche ornamented with spikes with both hands.
You see exits leading north, southeast, and northwest (open door).

Crumkane looks about Himself suspiciously.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "This area... this is not of My doing."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Gnafia saw it fit to poison candy to spread disease once upon a time."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "This machine was used to produce it, out of peeps."

Imus creases his brow in a frown.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "This place is horrible."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Surely this Gnafia has been removed from power?"

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "We took i-."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Ahh..."

Xaldrin shakes his head.

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "No. Not really."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Still out there, causing trouble. Aether pirates."

You say, "Ever recruiting those of the Basin to carry out their dastardly scourge of the aethers, indeed."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "It works by producing globs of sugar, which are fed to peeps, who mutate horribly."

Crumkane rubs His chin thoughtfully, raises His eyebrow and says, "I see..."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "What... what's that over there?"

Crumkane points to the northwest.
Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."

Comments

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    You follow Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army northwest to a sugary office. (22634)

Crumkane gives a doughy animal cracker giraffe the once-over, eyeing her suspiciously.
    A doughy animal cracker giraffe tilts her head curiously.

A sugary office.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. Gingerbread walls, frosting dried as it dripped down their faces from the ceiling, lean in close to give the office a cramped, uncomfortable feeling. A large desk made of chilled and hardened fudge stands at its centre, large, lumpy nuts occasionally peering through the fudge. Portraits hang from the walls, all picturing an obscure, shrewd business-sort gnome with slick-backed black hair and a cool, collected smile. Several sealed glass jars dot the edge of the desk, filled with blue, green and black pills, with hand-written labels illegibly declaring their contents. A chalk board hangs on the nearby wall. Resting upon weak, wobbly legs, a doughy animal cracker giraffe lies here. Half-Baked Imus Mes'ard, the Confection That Wrote is here, shrouded. Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army stands here amidst a cloud of deathly cold mist. He wields a solid platinum bardiche ornamented with spikes with both hands. Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights stands here, His presence perfuming the air with the warm scent of mouth-watering confections. He wields a golden hued, wicker cornucopia basket in His left hand and the golden horn of the Lord Epicurean in His right.
    You see a single exit leading southeast (open door).

Xaldrin stares blankly at a doughy animal cracker giraffe.
    A doughy animal cracker giraffe turns her head slightly towards Xaldrin, gazing deep into his eyes.

Cookie dough the colour of harvested wheat forms the towering frame of this giraffe-shaped pastry, its four wobbly legs still unbaked. Darker patches of deep brown spot this confection, giving the creature its trademark pattern. A short, cylindrical tail sways gently behind the cracker, the half-baked appendage jiggling as it moves. Longer even than its limbs, the animal's neck stretches high above its body, barely supporting its horned head. A pointed maw protrudes outward from behinds its bulbous eyes, formed from globs of soft honey, its mouth left slightly ajar as it gazes about curiously.
    A doughy animal cracker giraffe does not even register your presence as a threat.
    She weighs about 250 pounds.
    You cannot see what a doughy animal cracker giraffe is holding.

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "This is new."

A doughy animal cracker giraffe whimpers like a wounded puppy.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "The poor creature."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Half-baked."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Can not even stand of its own free-will."

Crumkane pets a doughy animal cracker giraffe ingratiatingly.
    A doughy animal cracker giraffe turns her head slightly towards Crumkane, gazing deep into His eyes.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "I wonder if this was another of their experiments?"

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Wasn't here when they were here."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Perhaps side-affect."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Interesting."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights lifts a doughy animal cracker giraffe into His arms.

You smile softly.

Half-Baked Imus Mes'ard, the Confection That Wrote says, "I've never seen this before and I came out here very recently."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "This was my second home."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Enjoyed making antidote back in the day."

Petting the poor creature, Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "We shall have to see to it that this creature finishes baking."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "What else haven't we seen yet?"

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Muffin Man and Doughboy."

You nod your head affirmatively.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Then onward!"

Crumkane greets the Muffin Man with a sincere smile.
    The Muffin Man exclaims, "If only I had the instruments of power to finish my experiment!"

Crumkane gives Doughboy the once-over, eyeing him suspiciously.
    Doughboy grins and nods at Crumkane.

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "He uses your tools to mutate Doughboy."
    The Muffin Man says, "Ahy, my Doughboy will be the truly great instrument of the Revolution."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "This creature... definitely not fae."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "To wreak havoc on the candy kingdom."

Cradling the doughy giraffe in His arms, Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Perhaps this giraffe was a similar experiment of yours, Muffin Man?"

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Do not even know what that is."

Xaldrin points accusingly at Doughboy.
    Doughboy grins and nods at Xaldrin.

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Do You?"

The Muffin Man says, "That thing is not of my creation, Lord."

Doughboy giggles inanely for no reason.

The Muffin Man says, "It does seem similar to my Doughboy, though."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Quite odd."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Well, I have seen enough of this. The Liquorice Dynasty is an embarrassment to My name, and the fact that the pastries behave no better by slaying these candies... well, I will have none of it."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Perhaps one good thing has come of this trip however."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights continues to cradle the giraffe in His arms.

You smile softly.

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Does it have a tag anywhere?"

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "I have an idea, perhaps you all should meet Me back in My Fulcrux."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "I shall see you soon enough then."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights, doffs a gleaming crown of golden peanut brittle cordially.

Smoke coils about the form of Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights, cloaking His portly form as He disappears into the aether, His departure trailed by the aromatic fragrance of hearty cuisines.

-

Guided by an unseen hand, the cascade of sticky caramel parts, allowing you clean passage through the otherwise messy torrent of goo.
    Imus follows you ether.
    The Fulcrux of Crumkane.
    You see a single exit leading through a cascade of sticky caramel.

Crumkane smiles softly.

Guided by unseen hands, a cascade of sticky caramel parts down its centre, out of which Xaldrin appears.

Guided by unseen hands, a cascade of sticky caramel parts down its centre, out of which Sotsepmet appears.

Xaldrin gives a large iron oven the once-over, eyeing it suspiciously.

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "That's new."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to Xaldrin, "It is."

Crumkane pats a large iron oven in a friendly manner.

Chaote Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prophet of the Sugarplum says, "I wish I had thought of that in Magnagora."

You say, "How you can see anything around these piles of food is beyond me."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "We do not cook live people."

Xaldrin gives Sotsepmet the once-over, eyeing him suspiciously.

Chaote Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prophet of the Sugarplum says, "Well, no Xaldrin the oven in the city is too small."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "This little creature is quite unique... for most things, I would suggest a simple flame, but with life involved, we may need to be creative."

Chaote Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prophet of the Sugarplum says, "Fire essence perhaps?"

You say, "Or very warm hugs?"

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights opens the door upon the oven and places the doughy animal cracker giraffe inside.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Hmm... essence could work."

You say, "And then hugs."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "And then hugs, yes."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Call not it."

Alpha Xaldrin Somnius, Major of Temptation's Army says, "Hate Fire. Melts my fur."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Technically, in some small way, you just Tainted Zafara, @Xaldrin
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Sotsepmet said:
    Technically, in some small way, you just Tainted Zafara, @Xaldrin
    You say that as though it wouldn't please him to know!

-