Character Fears.

MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
We have a character secrets thread, but let's look at a more fine tuned depth of that...What is your character's fear?

Munsia's fear is fading into non existence. 

Comments

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    A case of the bitters.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Lavinya has struggled with it for a long time and probably always will, no matter her achievements - she has a secret inferiority complex.

• Brona fears that Magnagora will lose faith in their Pantheon and the Demons of Nil.  RP'wise, that is.  Someone has to worry about all the souls that inhabit the Engine.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Zouviqil fears that, while Viravain has made her "perfect", she may one day become wholly perfect. For now, she takes solace in the fact that she is imperfect, because so long as she is, there is work for her to do.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    That one day, his daughter will hate him, and there is nothing he can do about it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Not a conscious fear, but being caught in a lie or somehow exposed as a fraud would break Daraius. Or if somebody discovered his tramp stamp.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Silvanus' biggest fear is a failure to live up to the d'Murani name and to fail to expand the d'Murani and leave a mark on their history.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Rialorm worries about how Nocht sees her. Despite her efforts it seems her prayers go unanswered. She rose through the ranks pretty fast, which also leads to a little bit of imposter syndrome. 

Also, as a GA, she worries about the guild and her ability to live up to what Janalon once was. Big shoes to fill for sure. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    All of my characters are afraid of letting people down (Tacita primarily fears letting Nocht down, Maerad primarily fears letting her parents down). This is largely a transfer/extension of some of my own fears, though!

Maerad is quite afraid of dead things, unless she can resurrect them, because to her they represent that she is sometimes powerless as a healer.

I think one of Tacita's greatest fears (when she isn't in robot mode at least) is that the people dearest to her will never truly understand just how deeply she cares about them, especially when she spends a lot of time in robot mode. This especially applies to the people who are not members of her family who mean a lot to her - people like Astraea and Talan - because there's less reason for them to assume she cares for them.

She is also (though she'd never admit it) often afraid that Kethaera is trying to become like her, instead of finding her own place in the Amalgam.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited May 2014
    Siam fears that people never take him seriously, or that they fail to see the serious side behind the pomp. He also fears/feels that he's a pariah, despite everything.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Iytha fears the day when people realize that she's actually really really bad at her job.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Celina said:
    Hugs. 
    Non-sense. Some of us have hugged you and lived to tell the tale.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I think Elayde is most afraid of losing the respect of others or having others find out that she isn't as good as she tries/appears to be.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Entrias is afraid of two things: not being useful, and {data redacted}.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Tacita said:

She is also (though she'd never admit it) often afraid that Kethaera is trying to become like her, instead of finding her own place in the Amalgam.
    Kethaera has this fear as well...
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Okay fine.

Celina has 2 fears.

The first is her emotions. She sometimes thinks that supressing them as she does makes them more powerful and dangerous than if she allowed them to show. She fears that, should she ever allow them out, they will rule her.

The second is being obsolete. She fears that one day, Glomdoring will cease to know who she is, that the part she plays will be replaced by another, and she will be without purpose and wither away.

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Kethaera said:
    Tacita said:

Kethaera has this fear as well...
    Most people fear becoming their mother ;)
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    As Rivius grows older, he feels himself becoming more withdrawn and disconnected from people and fears he might become a hermit one day.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Rivius said:
    As Rivius grows older, he feels himself becoming more withdrawn and disconnected from people and fears he might become a hermit one day.

We can be hermits together.

...if that still counts as being a hermit.

• Gabriella fears not having a purpose and failing people, that they put too much stock in her abilities sometimes.

She is afraid to trust, because that trust has been betrayed, but she continues to do so anyway since it's a part of who she is.  She's afraid of being too naive, of losing those that she loves - her family and friends.  Everyone around her has a tendency to go away, or become distant, ever since she was a child (large family with NOOOOO ONE awake.)

She's afraid of never being taken seriously, of people thinking that she is weak  and of people thinking that there's not more to her than her children, that she can't accept change... She has a lot of little fears I guess. >.>

Oh, and she's petrified... was petrified... ah... has a very strange relationship with her feelings for @nocht
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Ellowyn has always been angry at herself because she feels like she lets down her parents with her lack of knowledge/intelligent/combat, etc.

It is kind of nice to know her parents know the feeling!
  • Ilthilior's biggest fear? That of becoming useless, or unneeded. Also there's the whole 'Mag is filled with lots of old people who know what they're doing' so there's a fear of not being respected as a member of the new generation.
  • I fear that I shall never hear my God speak to me. That I'll spend my days walking blindly, never knowing if the path I'm on is the one He desires for me. Ultimately, my worst fear is that Fain has left the mortal realm for good -- that the one I serve is dead.
    The drone, the whistle, the thundrous sound;
    It seared their eyes, it shook the ground.
    One hundred thousand voices lift,
    While ashes like dirty snowfall drift.

The clouds of purple glowing gas,
    The tiny sun is rising fast.
    Your star...
    Is on the rise.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Eritheyl's only major fear is displeasing @Crumkane to the point where He no longer views him as useful. To be less than His best would fail not only Erithey's constant efforts, but also @Mysrai's credibility and lasting faith in him - the last of which he'd do just about anything to secure.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Oh I forgot. Lavinya is pretty creeped out by illithoid. The whole inner worm thing and the lack of a soul, yeah, it gets to her though she won't admit she is secretly a little fearful of them.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    To have sacrificed in vain.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Real talk - to expand on the initial post.

I don't want to quit orgs or do anything significant as a result of having grown disenfranchised with the establishment or getting super bitter about events or people. Especially after having seen what it's done to people.

I'd rather quit while I'm on top, as it were.
  • edited May 2014
    Ixion is fearful of:

- misweaves in the explorer rankings system never being fixed
    - permanent drought of new honours quests
    - quest misweaves never being fixed. (Orphanage dark side has -never- been completed. Scary!!! AIIEIEEEEE)
    - finding out one day that all of the folks that he's loved and cared for over the years have vanished permanently
  • That one day everyone he has known or will know will be gone, and he will die alone.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!