A Question of Healing for RP reasons

Has there been a definite call on just how healing works? Is it simply restoring the body to a previous state or using one's own energies to shape and alter the body? What I'm asking is that if we boiled it down, does Lusternia's healers have the same powers that Elfquest healers do, besides the auras of course, which is actually better described as flesh shaping?

Comments

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    edited May 2014
    I'm working on a book regarding this. Started it about a week ago. It's already 10 pages in. Should be done before another week is up.

In short: Auras. Auras OP.

Edit: There is also a book or two in game existing already having to do with healing, found in the library!
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    edited May 2014
    The best IC work I know about this is Linnia's "On Healing and Healers". Whether it is "correct" or not, I cannot say. It won prestige though and the divine comments aren't saying "everything in this is wrong!" which is usually a good sign ;)
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Tacita said:
    The best IC work I know about this is Linnia's "On Healing and Healers". Whether it is "correct" or not, I cannot say. It won prestige though and the divine comments aren't saying "everything in this is wrong!" which is usually a good sign ;)
    That's the book I was speaking of in particular that already exists. Auras, as I said, auras OP. Tacita wins. :D
  • hmm I'll have to take a look at the tome before I can call this question answered, but thank you both for leading me towards an answer.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited May 2014
    Konton said:
    Has there been a definite call on just how healing works? Is it simply restoring the body to a previous state or using one's own energies to shape and alter the body? What I'm asking is that if we boiled it down, does Lusternia's healers have the same powers that Elfquest healers do, besides the auras of course, which is actually better described as flesh shaping?
    Flesh shaping is something else entirely; there's an entire skillset devoted to it in fact (though limited to Gaudiguch).  Healing is not able to "add" features to a body, or change it in any way; all it really does, in the end, is restore it to its natural / original state (even healing auras go with this general theme, purging one of afflictions which are in conflict with the aura) - or, under limited circumstances, disrupting the body's ability to cure itself.

Edit: You also cannot mark this question as answered because it is not actually a question.  You would need to request the help of some friendly Admin to convert it to a question for you. :)
  • Prestige books have comments?
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Hiriako said:
    Prestige books have comments?
    Not all books get them, but some do. If you LIBRARY INFO a book then you will see comments from the divine scholars there. They seem to have been much more frequent in the past, but they do still happen nowadays.
  • Since I've never seen transmology skill set, the addition part anyway, in action I wasn't sure if that would be called shaping or merging. Mind the flesh shaping difference in my mind was taking a biological structure and altering it slowly through either restructure or slow forced mutation. But seeing how the healing skill is designed to return things to a prior state, main inability here was figuring out if it was that or urging the body back through controlled manipulation of the body.

Over all fun subject, although it does mean I can't draft up a plot for a man healer trying to "heal" everyone as a plot suggestion. Oh well. Although it does make me ponder what would happen if one combined transmology and healing in a plot. Could denizens "restore" point be corrupted to have new biomass? Either fodder for a plot suggestion or a bad attempt at a horror story. Either way thank you everyone for your thoughts and advice.

@ Xenthos thank you for letting me know about the answered thing. I haven't used this version of the forum since it was changed over.