Character Fears.

2»

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Information Overload - one day, the brain will just decide it's done trying to keep track of things and dump everything on me all at once, then I'll be left standing and staring about completely dumbfounded by absolutely everything. Halp.
  • edited May 2014
    One of Pectus' (And I suppose mine too) biggest fears is that all the people she truly cares for will be 'unwoven', and join the death halls on Avechna :(

And for a slightly more silly one.. Another one of her big fears is that designs will become stale, few new ones made, and the same only same old done over and over for the rest of her life.

• Astraea is afraid of Viravain, and just how wild she is. To Astraea, the Viravain she is just beginning to refafamiliarize herself with has grit and a certain feral attitude about things, and Astraea is afraid that now that she is in her order, that will rub off on her. I suppose she's afraid that she'll forget everything Nocht taught her, because while she may have left his order, she still feels so close to him. She's afraid she's made a terrible mistake, consequently.

Astraea's second fear is of course, that the Nightshade Dynasty will fade and end with the slightest whimper, and maybe be just an interesting note in the annals of history, and that all she has done to get them to where they are will be for naught.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Astraea said:
    Astraea is afraid of Viravain, and just how wild she is. To Astraea, the Viravain she is just beginning to refafamiliarize herself with has grit and a certain feral attitude about things, and Astraea is afraid that now that she is in her order, that will rub off on her. I suppose she's afraid that she'll forget everything Nocht taught her, because while she may have left his order, she still feels so close to him. She's afraid she's made a terrible mistake, consequently. Astraea's second fear is of course, that the Nightshade Dynasty will fade and end with the slightest whimper, and maybe be just an interesting note in the annals of history, and that all she has done to get them to where they are will be for naught.
    @Astraea's greatest fear, therefore, is a Nightshade mass suicide. <3
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Siam said:

Astraea said:
    Astraea is afraid of Viravain, and just how wild she is. To Astraea, the Viravain she is just beginning to refafamiliarize herself with has grit and a certain feral attitude about things, and Astraea is afraid that now that she is in her order, that will rub off on her. I suppose she's afraid that she'll forget everything Nocht taught her, because while she may have left his order, she still feels so close to him. She's afraid she's made a terrible mistake, consequently. Astraea's second fear is of course, that the Nightshade Dynasty will fade and end with the slightest whimper, and maybe be just an interesting note in the annals of history, and that all she has done to get them to where they are will be for naught.
    @Astraea's greatest fear, therefore, is a Nightshade mass suicide. <3
  • Konton's fear has always been... being nothing and adding nothing to the Wilde, the Coven, and his Order.
  • edited May 2014
    Rivius said:
    As Rivius grows older, he feels himself becoming more withdrawn and disconnected from people and fears he might become a hermit one day.
    Xeria to the rescue? 

--------------------------------

Her deepest darkest fears? cake will cease to exist in the basin and that the Kui will no longer need her.
    is dead like the dodo
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Entrias is worried that Isune will learn what she means to him.

Alt1 is interested in a certain person becoming his mentor and teaching him all sorts of esoteric stuff, but keeps hearing rumors that this person may not be as loyal to the org as Alt1 hopes.

Alt2 keeps eyeballing another org, but she's hoping it's just a passing fancy and not some sort of mental weakness or lack of loyalty.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

But back on topic....

Celina is deeply spiritual and she fears she has been unable to pass on the purity of faith to the next generation. She fears the people of Glomdoring have lost their way, and taken a more pragmatic and cautious approach to the world. They've given up much of their faith in exchange for survival. She worries this approach may lead to Mother Night, Viravain, and Glomdoring itself rejecting them for it. She's a harsh bitch, but she cares deeply for the future of the people she inhabits the forest with. Once upon a time, @Talan told her it was the duty of the older members of the forest to prepare the young to inherit the Wyrd. She fears that she will fail in this task.

She has a paranoia (I don't know if I'd call it a "fear") that Astraea knows Celina isn't all that concerned about the future of the Nightshade dynasty, and will eventually divorce her to pursue someone who shares her drive to build the family. She doesn't bear any particular affinity for her offspring or the legacy of the family. She plays the part because she has grown immensely fond of Astraea, and she bears a great deal of respect for Rowena's methods and power, and believes being closer to them brings her closer to Mother Night.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Shaddus is butthurt that the Oneiroi don't ever come around for tea and crumpets, and fears that They don't love him anymore.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Hiriako has a multitude of fears. Despite a seeming acceptance by many within the Glomdoring, he fears that he is not truly accepted, and still is viewed as an outsider. He fears that the Glomdoring will follow the same path that the Serenwilde did - of survival to the exclusion of a sense of self. He also has a rather well suppressed and rather potent inferiority complex which tends to express itself in a need to serve and fight, to show that he is not truly so useless.
  • edited May 2014
    Relationships, mostly. Not living up to the family name.

(I just realized that at least one, if not both of those are my own personal fears as well. So much for the fourth wall.)
  • Bandeon is afraid that all orclach are to some degree Tainted and might not be able to be trusted with the powers of demigods or ascendents, due to the Elixer's residual effects on them. Not really that secret though. He's also really afraid that he's a relic of a Celest that doesn't exist anymore.
  • edited May 2014
    Alary has quite a few fears. First, she's terrified she's going to let Mysrai and Sebitti down somehow. Again. She's also terrified she'll end up meaning nothing to the Order. 
    She's terrified of being a bad Archmage, and tainting her father's footsteps she's followed in. She worries she won't be able to bring the Pyromancers back to the golden days of yore she's head about.
    She's also scared she'll become inconsequential to the city and the people she really cares about.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."