Arakiel vs Yarith

Hi all! Just posting this here for feedback -- I'm sorry if it's hard to look at for all you seasoned veterans. He caught me by surprise after we were done testing some things and I panicked a bit.

Alternate titles include: Acrobatics Make Me Cry; Never Bleed a Harbinger

http://www.logsty.net/logs/FZKGA

Comments

• Wow, you wrecked yourself. hahaha. I didn't know Harbingers had retaliatory bleeding..
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's for every hearing ally in the room, too. It totally wrecks demesne users, if their demesne has bleeds or more than one source of damage.
  • Thorns + Storm + Squirrels procc'ing WidowsMercy on like 3+ people sounds like a death sentence =S
  • edited May 2014
    Nightshadeblues doesn't seem to proc on Focus body. That's good to know though.
    Widowsmercy also only procs on direct damage, not conditions or the like.  (I think)
    Maybe mana would have been a better way. 

I don't know how druids|mages work, though. 

Edit: 
    Widowsmercy works on all damage, then. Thanks, Enya. 
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Widowsmercy also works on indirect damage.

For the young druid: Don't thornlash unless you have sap. Your cudgel does bleeding on par with lashes (which is generally poor) and damage to boot.
    Also, squirrels doesn't do damage! 
  • edited May 2014
    Enyalida said:
    Widowsmercy also works on indirect damage.

For the young druid: Don't thornlash unless you have sap. Your cudgel does bleeding on par with lashes (which is generally poor) and damage to boot.
    Can I thornlash if I have incapacitating allergies on the target?
    You're going to mildly outpace their writhing, assuming they aren't a contortionist.... with spiderlegs, which removes a flat second off writhe times (bringing Yarith's writhes to ~1sec or less). You're typically better of sapping a target who has max allergies, and focusing on sticking sap, at least in small combat. Keep in mind that thornlashes don't hinder curing sap, too!
  • I convinced him to imbue Spiderlegs instead of BarghestBlues too.

I'm my own worst enemy.

But seriously, thanks for the tips! I'll work on making my saps more reliable. Wonder if I should time it with the demesne, or fuse a confusion rune to at least make the cleanse a little more painful :?.
    Making the cleanse more painful is fairly useless, once they've cured sap that's that. Focus on making it hard to cure cleanse in the first place. Confusion isn't useless for that, especially once you've gotten them frozen (with runes and your demense's poison tick), but it's not necessarily optimal either.
  • Ah. Thanks. 
    I still am trying to understand all my stuff and figure out how to fight properly 1v1. Getting there ><''

Also, it totally proc'ed on focus body. I'm bad at reading. ><''

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    edited May 2014
    For Yarith - not sure why you were using summer instead of contort at points - if you're on m&m, don't have both enabled, just contort, otherwise you're losing yourself precious balance time :)

Arakiel - get a gust enchantment or similar and knock bards out of the room when you're under pressure from aurics. They will hate you for it, it's a pain in the arse and costs them 3p every time because they have to put octave (the thing that stops eating horehound from working) back up!
    If you're in your demesne, you can also just walk away typically. Either shove them out of the trees (or treebane them) to break perfect fifth, or wait for treelife to hit and move away. That will give you a chance to cure, and they'll still be slowly accruing allergies (albeit more slowly, as it cures quickly when you're not in the room with them).
  • Thanks Tacita! Was wasting so much time with those tipherets.
     I also realize that I don't need to tritone so much but it's hard to track. 

Also, this wasn't a serious spar, I don't think. I was initially just playing around with stuff and it kind of took off.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited May 2014
    @Yarith, for aurics, use the smoke as indications that you have barbs and vice stuck. Throw a minorsixth to see if it procs the smoke. 

Just about anything not a physical attack(so take out warriors and monks) costs a bit of mana to do, so if you see them performing actions but no smoke, you likely need to stick it again. Songs actually take ego, so song effect stuff should proc egovice rather than barbs.

Powerspikes are harder to track since they only blow smoke on powermoves but powerspikes will always be the last auric cured. 

Achromaticaura unfortunately doesn't have any kind of indicator, so that's mostly guesswork, but by determining the other 3, you can figure out achromaticaura

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

A lot of learning combat is dying to things you didn't know about. MOST Harbs don't use the skill (though seeing it in action I wonder if more should). Now you know to watch for that particular message and change your tactics accordingly. In this case, sap to damage or mana drain to swoop would have been the smarter choice.

As a druid, you just want to spam allergies and stay alive long enough to sap your way to victory. Just turtle until they are max allergies. It's pretty straight forward and easy once you learn to stay alive.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    When in doubt, don't be afraid to just walk out of the room and make him follow you. Octave is needed, and if you leave the room and make him leave to follow you, he's just wasted three power.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Forced moving for octave works equally. Just like when people barrier, just insta gust.