czigany coins and dingbats

So now that we can't get czigany coins easily from rubbing curios, can the wheel be brought back to the previous state of rewards?

And since there are less czigany coins and a weaker wheel, the cost of dingbats has once again risen above credits - so could the transplanar torus be re-added to the dingbat shop for 1500 dingbats?

I feel like it makes sense to restore these things, since the reason they were removed was because of the ability to rub curios for coins!

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Wheel - no, I like it as it is, and I have credible ways to get coins regularly, so I would definitely benefit from it

Torus - sure why not, but db will fluctuate, I still buy 1:1

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Hrm...if anything, why not bring back Torus as a much more expensive credit item? Why did it have to be dingbat only?
  • edited May 2014
    Synkarin said:
    Wheel - no, I like it as it is, and I have credible ways to get coins regularly, so I would definitely benefit from it
    I was under the impression that the wheel had better rewards previous to the introduction of curios, and then they were made less good since everyone had oodles of coins? If it was unclear, that would be the state I want it to return to.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Rivius said:
    Hrm...if anything, why not bring back Torus as a much more expensive credit item? Why did it have to be dingbat only?
    WTB 3000cr Torus.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    If it was 3000cr everyone would have one. My assumption is that it was a rare item, obtaining 1000? db's (pre wheel) was considered a fete because the only way they were coming in was special promo's and membership at only 20 a month per person. 1000 was hard to come by. The admin don't want to have to sit there and code a torus for everyone.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    It was 1500db, actually. Estarra also asked for the approximate db:cr ratio before releasing it and was given 1:2, iirc.

It could still be more than 3000, though, I just agree that it should cost credits instead.

• maybe as an upgrade from the cubix then?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Synkarin said:
    I have credible ways to get coins regularly
    Maybe I'm missing something. How are you getting coins regularly?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Bottles maps and ur'traps.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    IIRC, Ur'traps are very poor at generating coins.
    Oh they are, no question. But when you have so many active generators you find coins are rather frequent.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    edited May 2014
    The bottles give you many coins? I think I've gotten one coin from my bottle set so far. Not going to complain though, tons of other nice things from it.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    I've had a handful.