Problems logging on?

So.. is anyone else having trouble logging into Lusty at the moment? The login screen keeps saying my password is incorrect and disconnects me from the server. I can make a new character but as soon as it asks me to input a password, it says the password is incorrect and disconnects me from the server. Is anyone else dealing with this? I've tried logging into multiple of my low level chars and it's all saying the same thing. I had some friends over earlier and they were being stupid and trying to troll - which, as a side note, it really makes you sad when your friends won't take your games seriously even though you tell them about it all the time - so I hope my IP didn't get banned or something. I don't really know how those work, if it works on the router level or not. But either way, the fact that I can create a character and it says my password is incorrect makes me suspicious of something server side? It sucks that this happened because I was really excited to buy credits and play all night long. Lol

Best Answer

Answers

• By the way, feel free to move this without me getting offended. I've literally only operated on like 3 forums in my life and have only posted like 5 things ever... so.. idk what I'm doing...
  • Ah good. Thanks. I couldn't find the link but then I realized I was searching the forums sub-site like an are-tard.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    If you have a system, make sure it's not sending commands when you're trying to log in.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Cmud  does that, I know. 
  • Yeah, I'm using mudlet. The only thing is, I was still having problems with the new(er) browser client. It was also registering my commands. 

Was really strange - I created a new character to test and when it got to the first "Please type your password" question, it said "password incorrect" and d/c'd me. But it wasn't authenticating the password, it was just creating it. If that makes sense.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    There are password creation rules in effect, and I don't know if it tells you them when creating a new character.
  • Yeah, I abided by the password creation rules but it still dc/d me. I've tried from my wife's computer too with no avail. I emailed support and hopefully it gets fixed. I'm just hoping my IP isn't blocked at the router level or I'm shrubbed for hopping around to a bunch of low level chars one after the other and the server didn't log them all off at the same time. But that's not how shrubbing works, is it?

Some friends came over and tried to create troll characters... Chodemeister was the first one..
    Off topic mini-RANT incoming- I just want my irl friends to play with me! If you don't like it, just tell me instead of making fun of me and everything that happens the whole time. mini-rant over. I just want to vent.
  • Alik said:
    Yeah, I abided by the password creation rules but it still dc/d me. I've tried from my wife's computer too with no avail. I emailed support and hopefully it gets fixed. I'm just hoping my IP isn't blocked at the router level or I'm shrubbed for hopping around to a bunch of low level chars one after the other and the server didn't log them all off at the same time. But that's not how shrubbing works, is it?

Some friends came over and tried to create troll characters... Chodemeister was the first one..
    Off topic mini-RANT incoming- I just want my irl friends to play with me! If you don't like it, just tell me instead of making fun of me and everything that happens the whole time. mini-rant over. I just want to vent.
    I dunno if support has answered you yet, but I'm gonna just guess the admins got involved because of your friend messing around :( You aren't shrubbed though, from what I can see. 

• Okay cool. I don't know what shrubbing looks like. Support says its possible my IP could have gotten temporarily banned by the server. Apparently it works on the router level. I appreciate all of your help. 
  • If you get shrubbed, well, you're actually a shrub. Whenever you try to do anything, you just rustle your leaves. Oh, and you can read issues as well, I think, but yeah, nothing else.

One rustle for yes, two for no, right?
  • Oh okay, cool. I didn't think anything was done that could possible shrub my character but I don't know. I've never been in trouble before! I pretty much freaked out this bad when I got my first speeding ticket 6 years after I started driving. Lol