Experience boost stacking

13»

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Only back then it was UR'BAAAAAASH. Man I'm showing my age.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Silvanus said:
    Also

@Kelly

You are definitely acting bitter. So Munsia called you out on draining Astral nodes, big deal, you don't have to go attack every single person that has ever used a System designed by someone else. I used to cure manually before everything got too fast, not many people can say that same thing.

I can't wait till Vadi decides to never update M&M and watch everyone else fail.
    (I sounded like Kelly there, right?)
    I wasn't attacking anyone, I wasn't even being serious. But keep on chugging along with that delicious personal vendetta against me.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Ur'bashes were originated before Thoros came to Mag, but Celina is right that the Ur'Guard back in the day applied Ur to everything.

I am so glad I have a personal vendetta against you, I am not sure what you've done to deserve that, but I guess the air is cleared.

I enjoy playing Lusternia and want to see the game thrive. I won't wish failure on anyone just because they use a System that's better than me, nor am I purposely antagonizing those that do.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Eodh said:
    Siam said:
    Those who die have the choice to get back up. We rarely rezz people. See, the lack of rezz skills in the South builds character. None of this OMG I DIED YOU -MUST- REZZ ME or OMG XXX DIED I MUST REZZ THEM mentality.
    Seeing as this part isn't quite true -- Fleshmound is one of the better rezz skills (after Serenwilde's and Celest's), and Lichseed isn't too bad -- I don't really think the South's 'character' is a result of being handed the short end of the skill stick.
    Oh, please. Those things aren't nearly as mobile as Resurgem and Ressurection(Celestine, Templar, Cantor) or Heartstone! I beg to disagree. Perhaps I worded my thoughts correctly: The South's attitude towards death and dying is different because we do not have the convenience of asking for resurgems or resurrections at leisure. We're just not used to that. If you during an urbash, it's your choice to go back up. We barely, if at all, stop and rezz peoples.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:

Oh, please. Those things aren't nearly as mobile as Resurgem and Ressurection(Celestine, Templar, Cantor) or Heartstone! I beg to disagree. Perhaps I worded my thoughts correctly: The South's attitude towards death and dying is different because we do not have the convenience of asking for resurgems or resurrections at leisure. We're just not used to that. If you during an urbash, it's your choice to go back up. We barely, if at all, stop and rezz peoples.
    It sounds borderline fallacious, in any case. A does not necessarily result in B; B is not necessarily caused by A. I could argue that the South does not frequently ask for resurrections simply because you have more demigods(+) and therefore the value of experience/essence is less than to someone, say, at level 85 (this is also a fallacy: A -/-> B).

Regardless, the North's lack of astralbashes is not due to us always expecting to be resurrected upon every death (disclaimer: there are notaBle exceptions); it's due to the fact that we simply don't have the same cohesion as the South. Incidentally, this is also the reason why the the North, faced against an equal team from the South, usually has less chance of winning an encounter. We just don't attract those sort of players.

rofl@fleshmound comparison. 
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I know, right?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I don't really want to expound on things like cohesion or the like. 

I just wanted to clear the air and say that it's very possible for the 'North' to do massive group astral bashes. 

I understand that there are questions, and hopefully Silvanus and people did a thorough enough job explaining it, but a lot of it really is just getting out there and doing it. You'll probably overlink on more than one occasion, but it happens. It's not a big deal, just keep trying things out and eventually it'll come together. I do think the biggest thing about Astral is the 'come at your own risk' mentality. You may die people overlink etc, or sometimes you just have bad luck and everything targets you. You may die, but so what, defup and try again. Can't succeed is you don't try and give up.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I for one am super grateful for all these tips. Thanks everyone. :)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Once they see how much xp they gain and how quickly they gain it, they won't care when they die due to an overlink. You can die a dozen times and still end up with a ton of xp/essence. You just have to get them addicted first. Like drugs.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I tend to die at least once per trip.  XP is even better than when I was running at about 425% buff influencing.  Just get a gang of people together with halfway decent curing, pop your kirigamis, and start having the xp roll in.  You'll be breeding demi's in no time.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I've never experienced such great xp on astral, myself, even in big groups (with mag when we were allied)
    Since you made that post 25 minutes ago...

I've gained 1.2 million essence.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    And 20 minutes later(45 minutes total), I just passed the 2.1 million mark.

This is with no experience boosts.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I am up over 8mil with one 100% boost running, an hour of bashing.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    TF's give xp boosts!!!!

(I once said I had no boosts and got yelled at for this)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited May 2014
    Enyalida said:
    I've never experienced such great xp on astral, myself, even in big groups (with mag when we were allied)
    I made 11.5 million essence in just under 2 hours last night on an astral bash. That's with membership, goldentonic 2 TFs and Harmony. Daft thing is they're so easy I did the entire 2 hour bash using blowtorch on my phone. By far the fastest (and simplest) XP gain available. Well if you're not linking anyway.
  • A group effort of that size does not warrant nerfing, considering the logistics involved. See how many buffs he's stacking also. I also bet if everyone but the linker were on a phone client it would still go that well. Chade is kinda getting carried there ;)
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited May 2014
    Rialorm said:
    A group effort of that size does not warrant nerfing, considering the logistics involved. See how many buffs he's stacking also. I also bet if everyone but the linker were on a phone client it would still go that well. Chade is kinda getting carried there ;)
    Psh, I was totally pulling my weight :p. In game systems handled most of the curing (discipline curing) and stratagems handled the standing, offense aand clotting. Only thing blowtorch did was repeat sm now on a 3 second timer. 

EDIT: Silly android browser messing with formatting.
    "Logistics," meaning one person has an auto linker, everyone else puts their damage button on repeat and takes a nap.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    That's just where you walk in, link a few times and bix out laughing.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited May 2014
    Just for that I'm gusting anyone I see link...

Also I don't think it should be nerfed...again. This is the equivalent of PVE raiding. 20 people? Better be some damn good rewards for being able to attract the attention of that many people at once. 
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I agree much the same on don't bring attention to things, but there are people who think we should help the whole game experience our own little quirks we find. Some people just need to shush.
  • Celina said:
    "Logistics," meaning one person has an auto linker, everyone else puts their damage button on repeat and takes a nap.
    Someone still had to code the linker. I'm just trying to not get it nerfed, work with me here!
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Munsia said:
    I agree much the same on don't bring attention to things, but there are people who think we should help the whole game experience our own little quirks we find. Some people just need to shush.
    Honestly, I just like the idea of more Demi's from both sides - it means more competition and hopefully more satisfying fights. The gain from an astral hunt is good but it does also require gathering a large group of people. Most of the insane gain comes from experience boost stacking - we'd be better off doing away with those over doing away with astral hunts if there's a concern about the speed at which people are leveling. 

Frankly though, the special snowflake status of Demigod went out the window about 7 RL years ago, these days so much of the game revolves around it that it may as well be fairly simple to get. More Demis = more enjoyable game to my mind.
  • A two-four (can't remember) hour long hunt got me from level 90 (20%) to level 92 (25%) with only harmony as an XP buff.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I often wonder if it's possible for xp values (for killing, influencing doesn't need any love) to be different for mortals and demigods in certain areas, so a non demi would gain far more than a Demigod does.

The more simple answer would be to readjust the amount of xp required per level but then you'd just have people bashing all the lower areas again and what do the new kids do? If certain areas (RE: Climanti Past, Icewynd, Gutter, Dio, Lirangsha, maybe Catacombs) gave bonus xp per kill for non Demigods it'd encourage people struggling through that everlong grind to victory. It'd also cut down on a need for new areas to some degree (though I still think there's a need for an 85-95 area, yes I'm aware the admin are busy and doing amazing things. This is just feedback!)

Ultimately being a Demigod isn't that special anymore, when I'm seeing people whos characters are 19-20 years old reacting with "FINALLY" at getting it, and remembering people who spent 100+ years suffering without all the things that exist now, it's a realisation that 1-99 is just an endless race "to get to the good stuff." If it's possible to code bonus experience for mortals in certain areas (heck if it can go all the way down the chain to kick in earlier so bashing the asylum at 60, Undervaults at 70 etc *Rough numbers, not actual posting* that'd be even better) then it might resolve a lot of the issue with bashing that people tend to find. They've got clear goals, an idea of where to go, and gain at a rewarding pace/

Celina said it best earlier, too many people look at their numbers then look at people like me, Chade and Kelly and are dismayed that they simply don't get close to the same level of speed and efficiency and they shouldn't be, because in truth they're actually on par with people at their level of might and investment. The bar may be abnormally high, but I don't see the issue in raising the status quo for mortals.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It's already possible, aetherbeasts are worth a different amount of experience based on your level (you actually get more experience from an aetherbeast the higher the level you are).

This was to make it so that it wouldn't be even easier to level someone from a low rank up on an aethership.