Guild Covenants!

They're heeeeere!

Let me know your feedback!

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Question: if other guilds have the abilities to advance novices, do they have the ability to guild status/score/inventory/lastlogin as well?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Silvanus said:
    Question: if other guilds have the abilities to advance novices, do they have the ability to guild status/score/inventory/lastlogin as well?
    No. It's only what's listed in the help file. We can always expand later if needed but we wanted to start small to see if how it works.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    That was fast.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Cue the Templar-Illuminati, Celestine-Paladin, Sentinel-Researchers and Ur'Guard-Nihilist covenants.

Because rituals.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Celestine-Cantor, rahrah!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It is my personal preference, that if the nihilists choose to form a covenant, it is to assist with a smaller guild such as the Cacophony. The ur'Guard don't really need us. I'd rather stay on our own, otherwise! I intend to start discussion within the guild about it and gain their opinions. I think this will do a world of good for the under-populated guilds!

• Yeah, for Celest, Cantor-Celestine and Aquamancer-Paladin makes the most sense RP-wise. Poor Tahtetso.

But seriously, the only guild I really expect to be going Covenant right away would be the Sentinels, who are still very very tiny.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Pretty sure SDs and Harbs will be working on a covenant within a day or two
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    I hope if there's a sentinel-institute covenant that we see the sentinels try to roleplay up the internal security aspect of it. Taking on the role of Internal affairs/thought police/watchdog over the institute from the inside. 

Not taken to an extreme degree or drama of course.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Turnus said:
    I hope if there's a sentinel-institute covenant that we see the sentinels try to roleplay up the internal security aspect of it. Taking on the role of Internal affairs/thought police/watchdog over the institute from the inside. 

Not taken to an extreme degree or drama of course.
    I do see potential there [they are the SCP Foundation to our CERN] but I admit to IC leaning towards other options >.=.>

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• edited December 2012
    Neat that this was implemented so quickly!  :-bd

I think the first two powers listed in HELP GUILD COVENANTS - speaking on GT/GNT as well as advancing novices will go a big way to helping small guilds sort their newbies out.
  • Aquamancers and Celestines should be in a covenant, both highmagic users with magical skills. Monks and warriors both weapon using, hand to hand fighters should be in a covenant. Bards can just inspire the rest from outside the inner cliques.
  • Ew Cantors.   Wtb Celestine-Aquamancers please!
  • How about Celestines, Aquas, Tahtetso, Cantors and Paladins all be on their own with no covenants? :x
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    WTB Ebonguard/Shadowdancer covenant so us Night users can plot and do Terror Covens!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods

Laxinova said:
    Aquamancers and Celestines should be in a covenant, both highmagic users with magical skills. Monks and warriors both weapon using, hand to hand fighters should be in a covenant. Bards can just inspire the rest from outside the inner cliques.
    I feel like the best RP connections will be between caster guilds and physical guilds, like the aforementioned Sentinel-Institute covenant possibility, or say.. Hartstone X Serenguard.
  • What is this 'us', Night Man?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Aurik said:
    What is this 'us', Night Man?
    *distracts with something shiny*

So anyway, that Night Coven idea...

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I'm mildly curious to see how many guilds will actually use covenants to help address small population versus trying to enforce preconceived roleplay dichotomies. So far my impression has been pretty hard to the latter.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Why do those options have to be mutually exclusive? I don't see people joining in Covenants just because they can RP it. That's not entirely logical in and of itself. If a guild doesn't need a covenant for population issues, I don't see many jumping on the bandwagon to join one just for the l33t RPz. Quite the contrary, I can see a lot of people wanting to stay independent and not water down their RP.

Not saying some guilds won't do it for the roleplay, but for me the original motiviation was and still is a low guild population and the opportunity to have great players around to assist when we can't be around. Don't get me wrong, the RP opportunities between Shadowdancers and Harbs, and the families that dominate the guilds, appear to be fabulous...but if I didn't think the SDs could really benefit from having Eliron and Aleyah and Tacita around to help out when the 3 SDs aren't around, I wouldn't do it.

• edited December 2012
    Celina said:

Why do those options have to be mutually exclusive? I don't see people joining in Covenants just because they can RP it. That's not entirely logical in and of itself. If a guild doesn't need a covenant for population issues, I don't see many jumping on the bandwagon to join one just for the l33t RPz. Quite the contrary, I can see a lot of people wanting to stay independent and not water down their RP.

Not saying some guilds won't do it for the roleplay, but for me the original motiviation was and still is a low guild population and the opportunity to have great players around to assist when we can't be around. Don't get me wrong, the RP opportunities between Shadowdancers and Harbs, and the families that dominate the guilds, appear to be fabulous...but if I didn't think the SDs could really benefit from having Eliron and Aleyah and Tacita around to help out when the 3 SDs aren't around, I wouldn't do it.

That's more or less what I'm wondering about, and think it will be interesting to see play out. A fair number of people have remarked about two perfectly healthy guilds joining together because they 'belong' together (and you can see that general attitude play out through this very thread, and the last one!). They don't need to be mutually exclusive (far from), however I'm amused by the idea that some pairings are appropriate and thus expected.

Personally I'm fairly surprised a high-population guild would really consider it, because they give up control to another guild.

I think it'll come to serve its purpose, though, and that'll be good. I don't think we'll see too many frivolous covenants, given the high cost (all 6 guild leaders, a majority vote in both guilds, plus patron approval).
  • I would really love to see covenant members counted toward the number needed for guild rituals.

The xp and karma are pretty small but it is a great excuse to bring lots of people together.

I don't actually remember the last time there was a Caco guild rite.

:((

Some of us that are in a well-populated guild are thinking of the little guy! Llandros and I have already broached the topic of a covenant between the nihilists and the cacophony. Now to see what everyone else thinks!

• I'm thinking that Serenguard/Shofangi makes sense for just... big guild + small guild = good. Plus there's just convenience stuff like having the forgers in the commune on gt for everyone that might need them. And I think there might be some interesting rp threads that could come from that. For Hartstone, I think Moondancers are potentially a nice fit and there could be some interesting roleplay there. But similarly there are some interesting things that could happen with the spiritsingers. For me, I'm not exactly happy with this and I know a few people are going to be resistant, so having something cool that we can build up around it would help ease things in, but it it's just we're going to buddy up and that's all... it's kinda meh.

• Lavinya said:
    Some of us that are in a well-populated guild are thinking of the little guy! Llandros and I have already broached the topic of a covenant between the nihilists and the cacophony. Now to see what everyone else thinks!
    Based on the nature of guild covenants (in terms of the 'powers' it imparts between guilds), the objective seems to be to help retention by increasing lower ranked players contact with those who are more senior/experienced so that the chances of advancing if you are on during that time of day when no one from your guild is becomes higher. In that sense, the large guild-small guild selection seems to make more sense.

Eventru said:

Personally I'm fairly surprised a high-population guild would really consider it, because they give up control to another guild.
    I don't think much control is really relinquished. The covenant does not allow cross-induction or changing enemy statuses. Perhaps the only lost control is when you want to hold a transferee as a novice rather than GR1 since the other guild may not know your intention since you don't share logs. A special clan between the new leaders will most likely be formed to address this issue.
  • Covenants take so much time to form :/
    All of this happened on a period of six days. It is not over and there were other logs about that before *weeps*
    (I only selected the logs related)

2013/01/01 03:31:39 - The Guildmaster of the Cacophony Guild pledges to form a covenant with the
    Nihilists Guild.
    2013/01/01 03:31:52 - The Guildmaster of the Nihilists Guild pledges to form a covenant with the
    Cacophony Guild.
    2013/01/01 07:14:27 - The Champion of the Cacophony Guild pledges to form a covenant with the
    Nihilists Guild.
    2013/01/02 11:59:26 - The Administrator of the Cacophony Guild pledges to form a covenant with the
    Nihilists Guild.
    2013/01/03 15:51:17 - The Champion of the Nihilists Guild pledges to form a covenant with the
    Cacophony Guild.
    2013/01/05 20:29:47 - the Nihilists Guild withdraws its pledge to form a covenant with the Cacophony
    Guild.
    2013/01/05 20:29:47 - the Cacophony Guild withdraws its pledge to form a covenant with the Nihilists
    Guild.
    2013/01/05 21:36:38 - The Guildmaster of the Nihilists Guild pledges to form a covenant with the
    Cacophony Guild.

• We started the process kinda late in the year. I'm sure we'll pull it off eventually.

Have there been any guilds that have already formed a covenant?

The super active guild has a Mystagogue who disappears for a few days, how embarassing. We just have to start again, Delphas unfortunately didn't log in during those few days after we started and before the end of the year.

• edited January 2013
    Oh no, it's not embarrassing. We all have obligations. I'm just very impatient to see how the rp will evolve around that covenant :)
    But yes, it's a long process
    I just found it ironic that our supposedly more active guild was the one who didn't have all their leaders log in, haha. Ahh well. We'll be sorted soon!