Help with Keph RP

So I'm rather new to this game (kind of. I'm sticking to it this time), and have rolled a male Keph Tahtetso (cause the whole concept seemed cool to me). I'm running round Celest now and I've noticed that there's like only one other Kephera, who doesn't even have a description set (sorry if you're reading this =P ).

So, basically, the only Kephera flavour I have gotten so far is from seeing how the various Kephera NPCs look, talk, etc. And trying to follow tenets from the guild scrolls, being very monk like, giving, not wanting of oneself, passing any accomplishment as a sign to the strength of the Light, etc.

Anyways, I'd like some help adding to my Keph flavouring. Are there any oddities in how they speak? Do they have an accent? Do they describe things differently? What colours are they allowed to be? Are there any oddities in their appearance (besides a females thorax, antennae, compound eyes, etc)? What I have gotten so far:

Refer to the city (or groups, unsure) as "Hive".
Always call people in the same city/group "Brother/Sister".
... actually that's basically it. I'll throw in my description to show where I have gotten so far. Any criticism and advice is more than welcome.

Thanks for your time reading this =)

He is a compound-eyed kephera and he stands at just under six feet tall. Two antennae jut out from atop of his head, ending in black tips, much like the mandibles that click gently. His large, almond shaped composite eyes give off a slight red hue from what available light reflects off of the many inky black facets. His sandy brown carapace has a lithe look to it, despite the large chitinous plates protecting his forearms, hands, shoulders and chest. The brown of his exoskeleton is unblemished save for the dark black swirls of his monk tattoos, decorating his entire body.

p.s. How the hell do I use "quotes" or "code" in the forum toolbar? Every time I click on them they never work, and I've seen other people using them so I know its not just me =\

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited June 2014
    Seconding @Azus as a darn good resource for kephera RP. She'll even chat with foreigners about it. 

[spoiler]I'd guess that she'll treat you like a slave since you're playing a male keph, but that's the kind of delicious keph RP you should be wanting![/spoiler]

Also, I want @Talan's primer on loboshigaru RP!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Daraius said:
    Seconding @Azus as a darn good resource for kephera RP. She'll even chat with foreigners about it. 

[spoiler]I'd guess that she'll treat you like a slave since you're playing a male keph, but that's the kind of delicious keph RP you should be wanting![/spoiler]

Also, I want @Talan's primer on loboshigaru RP!

I'm tempted to form a proper Lobo pack. 
    What about House Somnius?  ;))
    I used to make cakes.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited June 2014
    Daraius said:
    What about House Somnius?  ;))
    I said proper...though I did forget they were one. That's interesting. My bannerhouse is a pack. How fitting. 
  • Talan said:
    things
    The Hive statement about the city I got from one of the NPC Keph guards around the Nexus, so I'm kind of inclined to just follow that. However the rest of that sounds golden. I'll have to hit her up (though I'm a bit daunted considering I'm quite new to the RP thing).

But thanks, that's a treasure of information. The aesthetic meaning the colour of their exoskeleton as well?
  • Zael said:
    The aesthetic meaning the colour of their exoskeleton as well?
    I'm pretty sure it's just that straightforward oily beetle-black, but there's room in there for some iridescent sheen in various hues (purple, green, gold).
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!

• Talan said:
    Zael said:
    The aesthetic meaning the colour of their exoskeleton as well?
    I'm pretty sure it's just that straightforward oily beetle-black, but there's room in there for some iridescent sheen in various hues (purple, green, gold).
    Are you sure? A bunch of the Keph NPCs in Celest are brown/tan? And I swore I saw a red one in the Undervaults.
    Zael said:
     (though I'm a bit daunted considering I'm quite new to the RP thing).
    I think everyone has felt this way at some point. If you're putting forth some effort to RP, it'll be noticed and appreciated by the people around you. And the more you do it the easier it is to solidify your character's mannerisms, body language, worldviews, and so on. Jump right in and have fun. :)
    I used to make cakes.

• Zael said:
    Are you sure? A bunch of the Keph NPCs in Celest are brown/tan? And I swore I saw a red one in the Undervaults.
    I'm not - I was going by the picture on the website and what I've personally seen other players do. NPCs are fine to model off as well of course.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Would anyone have some in depth descriptions of some Keph or some critiques for my description? I feel like it could be improved after I read some of the descriptions other people write
  • There's a statue of Zenobia, the Kepheran Queen of Queens, at the Pool- might want to take a look at that first off.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You don't want to model a male kepheran after the Queen of Queens.  The two genders are quite different.

You'd be better off looking at the Kings / princes / workers / warriors.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Sadhyra had a good kephera description, if I recall correctly. There have been a lot of attempts to pull off a widescale hive rp, but I can't really name one that has been very, very successful. I believe Azus has had a kephera orb created for their hive and it's in a manse somewhere. Kepheras are very interesting, really. I just wish there were more of them. Mechanically, thoids benefit more from illdrain because they just need corpses instead of other players to give them the h/m/e bonus.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Sadhyra had a good kephera description, if I recall correctly. There have been a lot of attempts to pull off a widescale hive rp, but I can't really name one that has been very, very successful. I believe Azus has had a kephera orb created for their hive and it's in a manse somewhere. Kepheras are very interesting, really. I just wish there were more of them. Mechanically, thoids benefit more from illdrain because they just need corpses instead of other players to give them the h/m/e bonus.
    They also have better stats for monk bashing too (higher dex, con, equal str).

And thanks. I'll give that a go next Im in the undervault (if you see me just standing there and not running away, please show me mercy =P )
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    @Azus had some really good hive rp going, and had quite a collection of other players going along (iirc), and lots of custom stuff for it, but felt burned by some administrative stuff (again, iirc) and left. After that, it kinda fizzled.
  • Hive Queen Ankhemet here, hi!

Azus has made a complete return, and has retaken the seat of Khan in the Shofangi. She regards New Celest with the same affection as she regards the Serenwilde, and will happily discuss her people with either of those two nations. Allegiance notwithstanding, she considers it her duty to discuss kepheran culture with any kephera. Except the dirty Taint ones.