Simple Ideas

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I put all gold in my pack, and check inv when I succeed, then put it in my pack again.

• Can we have the command toss to throw things at people instead of give and throw?

toss corpse to Luthian
    You toss a corpse to Luthian, and he catches it nimbly.
  • Can we also designate a speaking style we want to use whenever we use " or '?

this way, when we use ' it comes out Sakr whispers, for instance.

config say <choice>

The helpfile gives us this: TALKING WITHOUT SAY
    -------------------
    There are other ways to talk, like say, but different too. Each one does
    something a little different. Try them and see! They are:

Scream, whine, mutter, snarl, sing, chant, ask, exclaim, whisper, chitter,
    purr, hiss, plead, roar, lisp, stammer, stutter, intone, ululate, chime,
    lecture, recite, grunt, utter, remark, intimate, enunciate, shriek, yawn,
    gasp, groan, sigh, cackle, rave, moan, squeal, murmur, brag, splutter,
    wail, mumble, rasp, grump, orate, proclaim, state, opine, and assert.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Sakr said:
    Can we have the command toss to throw things at people instead of give and throw?

toss corpse to Luthian
    You toss a corpse to Luthian, and he catches it nimbly.
    Doesn't this already exist with "throw thing to x" instead of "throw thing at x"?  I know the "and he catches it nimbly" line already exists.
  • edited December 2012
    edit: Nevermind. I stand corrected. Thank you Xenthos and Lavinya :)

This is what throw does.

You begin to wield a plush doll of Gorgulu, Devourer of Souls in your right hand.
    throw doll at luthian
    Avechna whispers in your mind an inquiry about whether you wish first to declare aggressions.
    You declare your intent to bear arms against Luthian.
    You throw a plush doll of Gorgulu, Devourer of Souls at Luthian.
    You pick up a plush doll of Gorgulu, Devourer of Souls.

Toss is more gentle than throwing, and it shouldn't be something you need to declare for either.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    What Xenthos said - You have the option to throw AT (aggressive) or throw TO (catch it nimbly). It's already a thing :)

Yeah, and throw to does not require declare, either.
  • How about some categorisation to ARTIFACT LIST? Would help beautifying it for those with lots of artifacts (and between my curios and keg runes, I do have quite a few of them).
    Anchored curios don't show on artifact list (or at least they didn't, I bugged it but haven't checked in since then).

It would be nice to have a better way to look at that list. I basically cannot use it at this point.
  • Yeah, I meant curios in your inventory. Which, for me, are the 18 enchanted curios.
  • They should make it possible through some art skill or possibly in a tradeskill like cooking to put rings and other items in cooking/glasses, so when somebody empties the glass or eats the food, the item falls out into their hand or can be seen at the bottom of the glass. Romance and romantic (corny, however you want to look at it) proposals and so such.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    As we can diagnose people from the spectator room of the arena, I was wondering if we could assess too.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Laxinova said:
    They should make it possible through some art skill or possibly in a tradeskill like cooking to put rings and other items in cooking/glasses, so when somebody empties the glass or eats the food, the item falls out into their hand or can be seen at the bottom of the glass. Romance and romantic (corny, however you want to look at it) proposals and so such.
    But then they would have to hand you the ring for you to actually PROPOSE with, that sounds pretty silly :b
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Plus, they'd have to down the whole drink (many sips) to get at it.

Everyone wants their spouse to accept their proposal of marriage while they are drunk as a skunk.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Surely there's a choke risk involved too if they have to down the whole thing?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Xenthos said:

Everyone wants their spouse to accept their proposal of marriage while they are drunk as a skunk.
    For some, that's the ONLY way their spouse would accept.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Everiine said:
    Xenthos said:

For some, that's the ONLY way their spouse would accept.
    That's a marriage that is sure to last.
  • Eritheyl said:
    Laxinova said:
    They should make it possible through some art skill or possibly in a tradeskill like cooking to put rings and other items in cooking/glasses, so when somebody empties the glass or eats the food, the item falls out into their hand or can be seen at the bottom of the glass. Romance and romantic (corny, however you want to look at it) proposals and so such.
    But then they would have to hand you the ring for you to actually PROPOSE with, that sounds pretty silly :b
    No, no. You propose to them with the cake. Then they eat it and inside is a ring!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited December 2012
    Sakr said:
    Can we also designate a speaking style we want to use whenever we use " or '?

this way, when we use ' it comes out Sakr whispers, for instance.

config say <choice>

The helpfile gives us this: TALKING WITHOUT SAY
    -------------------
    There are other ways to talk, like say, but different too. Each one does
    something a little different. Try them and see! They are:

Scream, whine, mutter, snarl, sing, chant, ask, exclaim, whisper, chitter,
    purr, hiss, plead, roar, lisp, stammer, stutter, intone, ululate, chime,
    lecture, recite, grunt, utter, remark, intimate, enunciate, shriek, yawn,
    gasp, groan, sigh, cackle, rave, moan, squeal, murmur, brag, splutter,
    wail, mumble, rasp, grump, orate, proclaim, state, opine, and assert.
    SETALIAS ' whisper
    SETALIAS SAY say (roaring like a beast)

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    This is how I get Ev to rasp everything, even when I forget. I'll often type 'rasp <whatever>', but I have an alias that converts all 'says' into 'rasps'. So far, I haven't had any difficulty. Except that, at least rasp, if not all the extra say commands, will target a person if the first letters of their name matches the first word. For example, if I try to 'rasp I want a cookie', and Ilaveuse is in the room, I will instead emote, 'You rasp hoarsely at Ilaveuse.'
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited December 2012

But really, don't have something totally over the top attached to the front of each say (like "squeaks in a low burr"), or it'll get annoying at high speed to a lot of people! Stick to something like Everiine's manly rasp.
    I think Turnus has a short grunting prefix, but that's about as long as I would consider making the prefix.

• Iytha said:
    No, no. You propose to them with the cake. Then they eat it and inside is a ring!
    You might break some teeth in the process. Which will hurt like hell, and will probably get you rejected unless you're the only Healer around capable of easing the pain. :P
  • Back on track [and re-iterating myself] can we have a MANSE CREATE EXIT <direction> ONEWAY that allows for exits without returns into a room [with the obvious caveat that a room has to have an exit] and multiple "overlapping" entrances. We already do have many existing oneway paths [Orgbixes, special exits] and I'd really like to have emergency exits [and non-euclidean geometry] in my manse.

And no @Iytha your trick doesn't work, else it did once and they fixed it.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Optional auto-looking and map viewing on your bond when you do BOND MOVE.
    BOND MAP <on|off>
    BOND MAP RADIUS <1-5>
    BOND LOOK [verbose|brief|off]
  • edited December 2012
    I would like to be able to SIP/DRINK beverage/glass/cup AT <person> to the effect of...

Astraea takes a sip from a pretty pink cup, giving you a calculating look. 
    Astraea takes a sip from a pretty pink cup, giving Eliron a calculating look. 

EDIT: WANT FURTHER VENUES FOR CATTINESS
  • Astraea said:
    I would like to be able to SIP/DRINK beverage/glass/cup AT <person> to the effect of...

Astraea takes a sip from a pretty pink cup, giving you a calculating look. 
    Astraea takes a sip from a pretty pink cup, giving Eliron a calculating look. 
    This isn't a want, this is a need.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    em takes a sip from a pretty pink cup, giving ^eliron a calculating look.

Done!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • But I want to actually sip my drink too :(. All the intrigue makes me so thiiirssstyyyyyyy
  • Maellio said:
    Back on track [and re-iterating myself] can we have a MANSE CREATE EXIT <direction> ONEWAY that allows for exits without returns into a room [with the obvious caveat that a room has to have an exit] and multiple "overlapping" entrances. We already do have many existing oneway paths [Orgbixes, special exits] and I'd really like to have emergency exits [and non-euclidean geometry] in my manse.

And no @Iytha your trick doesn't work, else it did once and they fixed it.

That allows you to create traps way to easily