Sakaki receives some useful advice from the Enchantress

(I'm missing the first few lines from the log sadly.  A little background info:  Sakaki has been making a name for himself lately from his high level of activity, but not all of it has been good.  Having gone to Drocilla's fulcrux to do some contemplation, She gives him some rather useful advice on how he can better himself and not end up possibly alienating himself from his overzealous and brash behaviour)

A lilting, smoky voice echoes about the fulcrux, "You are loud and brash for one so young, you ought to be careful how you present yourself for not all are fond of you for it. Image is everything if you wish to rise."

Sakaki nods understandingly.

You say, "Ultimately, I do what I do for the sake of bettering the engine, though I can understand some may feel negatively about my actions and behaviours."

A lilting, smoky voice echoes about the fulcrux, "It is often that you cannot have both, but in this situation you can - you can both serve and not attract negative attention, if only you temper your outward presentation."

A lilting, smoky voice echoes about the fulcrux, "But is this a level of control you possess over yourself?"

You say, "If it is a way I can improve myself, it is something I am willing to take on board. I guess I HAVE been a bit overzealous in my work and drive lately."

Your spine and solar plexus tingle pleasantly as Her amusement rolls across your being.

A lilting, smoky voice echoes about the fulcrux, "This not your zeal and drive that hinders you being recognised, it is how you present it. You carry yourself as if you were a Count."

Sakaki chuckles softly, nodding in understanding.

You say, "I see... I need to be more humble in my ways, until I am worthy of such behaviour."

You say, "After all, I am but a supervisor at the moment."

You say, "And such humility would not go astray even after such times."

A lilting, smoky voice echoes about the fulcrux, "Precisely, but even if you shot to the rank of Marquis in a month, you would still be an untested youth in the eyes of the nobility. Let us not pretend this hard to earn rank at the moment."

The ethereal notes of a quiet, lyrical nocturne summoned from the strings of a viola drift upon the air, evocative of eventide marvels.

Sakaki nods.

A lilting, smoky voice echoes about the fulcrux, "You are Ninjakari, you tread in the shadow. Stand in the darkest of them and observe the behaviour of those of your station, curb yourself, mould yourself into their weaker, humbler personifications."

You say, "I understand, my Lady. I should work on my patience a little, in my zeal and drive, I seem to have almost forgotten that everything takes time, including growing into ones powers."

You say, "That being said, on a vaguely related note, I hope You make good use of the offerings I have made."

You drop to one knee, demonstrating your humility and respect.

A lilting, smoky voice echoes about the fulcrux, "While the manner in which you conduct yourself earns you approval from part of Magnagora, it earns you scorn from the other. And old nobility holds onto its grudges, and with them beset against you there is only so far you can go. I am always watching, always listening, your work and offerings are pleasing. Continue and consider My warning."

Tears flow freely from your eyes as Drocilla, the Enchantress appoints you to a Bewitched Initiate.

You have emoted: Sakaki nods understandingly.

You say, "Ninjakari are of the shadow. I shall study the shadows more closely, including the ways of its silence."

A lilting, smoky voice echoes about the fulcrux, "Only while standing in the shadow, can you truly see the world as it is."

Sakaki nods, giving a deep bow.

The ethereal notes of a quiet, lyrical nocturne summoned from the strings of a viola drift upon the air, evocative of eventide marvels.

You say, "I am sure You have more important things to do, so I shall take my leave for now, with one last thing to say. I am planning what I hope will be a rather pleasant surprise for You, but it shall take some time for me to prepare it."

A lilting, smoky voice echoes about the fulcrux, "Most pleasant surprised do."

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

You say, "Be well, Lady Enchantress. May You always be blessed by the Shadows."

An indigo mist spills from the censers and envelops you in a pall that forces its way in with your breath and sends your body tingling.

Drocilla, the Enchantress has bestowed Her divine truefavour upon you. It will last for 3 months.
Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."

Comments

• Xenthos said:
    I had to read this thread's name twice; the first time I did, I read it as "Shikari receives some useful ass from the Enchantress".

I blinked in surprise, and visions of what this might actually entail were going through my head as I took a second take.
    Fixed.
  • Very cool, I like it.
    Is also the Shintar.