Doll Trading

XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
edited June 2013 in Ideas
With the advent of dolls in presents, it has become quite common to possess dolls that are, perhaps, not quite what one would have selected for themselves.  At the same time, given their rarity it's kind of a shame to trade them in for dingbats, especially when other people would be interested in said dolls.

Having the ability to trade dolls to other people (in exchange for a doll of theirs) would help this out considerably.

For example, I could trade this doll:
"doll168648"              a plush doll of Princess Marilynth

to Azula for a doll of Glumki, which would leave us both feeling quite pleased with the situation.

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I actually have a Glumki doll, and would love to trade it for something a bit more Mork-ish.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I have Glumki and Shimotabi dolls I'd love to trade for at least a Japhiel and something else.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • I'd love to be able to trade dolls as well, with other people who'd appreciate certain ones more.
  • You are holding:
    "doll168308"              a plush doll of Shakiniel, Defender of the Dawning Hope

/shakefist
    You are holding:
    "doll168308"              a plush doll of Shakiniel, Defender of the Dawning Hope

/shakefist
    want
    I have Glumki, the Ebonglom Wyrdling and Shimotabi
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    I'd love the Wyrdling, I'd love the Necromentate not for RP reasons but because it's the funniest one of the lot.

I've got Glumki and Cirik.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I love that dolls are in presents. I've got the Necromentate and Alteira, who are awesome and interact, and the Diamond Generator which can be tossed in the Eternal Flame at regular intervals.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    If I could've traded my doll to someone for another rather than just trading it in for dingbats, I would've done.

Xenthos, you still haven't customised your Rowena doll to be headless and your doll's head bubblix to be Rowena's head. Why is this not yet a thing.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I haven't gotten around to writing the descriptions yet, primarily.
    Why can I not dislike. I may only like, agree, or disagree. I wish to dislike :(
    Noooooo. :(

I'll get around to it someday, I promise!

I'll even manage to customize the bardiches too!

(I tend to do really poorly at customization, alas)
  • I just got Miakoda the doll. If I could trade it for something less Serenwildey, you would be making this lizard very happy.
    Neos said:
    You are holding:

/shakefist
    want
    I have Glumki, the Ebonglom Wyrdling and Shimotabi
    add Miakoda to this list.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • You are holding:
    "doll165936"              a plush doll of the Ruby Generator

8-X

• The game ribs you in more and better ways than I could. ^_^
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • edited December 2012
    You are holding:
    "methrenton62418"         a plush doll of Methrenton, Crusader of the Holy Flame

...YOU MOCK ME, GNOMES!

~X(
    Just think, you can stab and abuse them.

• Hmm. What if we take dolls off the dingbat market and make them into curios (their own 'type')? That way you can collect and trade them.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    I rather like the simplicity of - if I want a doll I can just buy it fairly cheap myself.

Having to go deal with curios to get dolls means I likely wouldn't bother.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    No, please. I like that you buy them with dingbats and that they're cycled round and so forth. Not everything needs to be a curio.
    I would prefer that they remain their own thing (dolls), just with a trade command added.

Curios have a rather different meaning and purpose at this point, it would be a bit of a shame to slam the two together.

Not just that, but every new curio added makes it drastically more difficult to complete *any* curio (you're going to be getting an email on this subject after New Year's, with some ideas for ameliorating the issue), so, please, hold off on turning more things into curios!
  • What about turning them into completed curios, so you can trade them, and still selling them as complete curios for dingbats. Basically just changing the type to allow trading without extra coding?
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk

You put a plush doll of Scuchidira Tliwx into the Megalith of Doom.
    The Megalith of Doom rumbles and absorbs a plush doll of Scuchidira Tliwx.

You put a plush doll of Roxie Wingnut into the Megalith of Doom.
    The Megalith of Doom rumbles and absorbs a plush doll of Roxie Wingnut.

You put a plush doll of Abeytu, Keeper of the Gardens into the Megalith of Doom.
    The Megalith of Doom rumbles and absorbs a plush doll of Abeytu, Keeper of the Gardens.

:(
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    edited December 2012
    They'll come back.

Doom(ed).
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I've got Miakoda and Abeytu in presents so far.

Hmm.

• I would love the ability to trade off the random dolls I receive. I have the Ebonglom Wyrdling....So not my style. Gross little bugger.

The Ebonglom Wyrdling is one of the lamest dolls out there; it is on the level of the generators.
    Actually I got one of the generators, it was pretty awesome, till it tried to vent poisonous gas at me.

• I've got the Diamond Generator. I don't really see much point though! I didn't know I could trade it in for dingbats, but now I think I might and see if I can get something a little more useful.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited January 2013

a plush doll of Lord Eventru, Crown of the Exalted

a plush doll of the Most Venerable Shimotabi Xiim, Keeper of the Illuminati

a plush doll of the White Hart

a plush doll of Lord Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince

a plush doll of Princess Marilynth

a plush doll of Rowena Nightshade

a plush doll of Selene, the First of the Mothers

Those be the dolls Kagato currently has. No disrespect meant to Serenwilde or Glomdoring, but I'd love the option to trade off my White Hart, Rowena or Selene dolls =p

Also: When is Terentia going to design a doll? T_T I want to collect all 3 of the Celest Divine plushies! /derail

Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?