Why are you in your city?

124»

Comments

• When the spark of Idrazil was conceived, the idea was to grow into into a mystical, spiritual warrior thus he sought the nature communes and based on the information from the website picked Glomdoring. Idrazil was immediately impressed with the darkness and creepiness of the place but he stayed and he got attached to the peoples and values of the place, especially the teachings of the Pack and Brother Crow. However, he failed to role play effectively on his more spiritually oriented side.

When he left the dark forest for various reasons, he spend many months considering his path but in the end it all came down to staying in communion with the spirits and nature. Idrazil would never join a commune simply for its powers or political orientation and he joined Serenwilde for what it was and not as an act against Glomdoring and the South (with the ecception of Magnagora). Another advantage, though not decisive, for joining Serenwilde was the relatively low cost of the transition to skills and gifts he already new. So far he is very  happy with the way his new home is very much focused on various spiritual paths and attitudes.
  • edited June 2014
    Eritheyl said:
    Haezon said:
    Plus, no racial RP involved with trill beyond being artsy).
    This upset me, greatly.

Also I need to meet Haezon IG.
    I personally have always felt that the Trill race was overshadowed by their companion race, the Lucidians. Frankly it feels like everything to deal with their 'theme' is 90% Lucidian, 5% Trill, and 5% everything else.

For example, I personally always felt and believed that Air should much much -much- more signify a relation to Trill than ever it should to Lucidian. Frankly imo, I believe only trill should benefit from a 'special race' if they take up Aeromancy, and Lucidians only benefit from a 'special race' if they take harmonics, thus further signifying the difference.

Trillialilala (or however her name is), the progenitor of the Trill race, was never a scientific God.. she was of the Fourth Circle, and artist and, in the deeper theme of the story, represented the concept of the trill's affinity to the skies and air, yet where do we see this? Why have the Trill simply accepted to live a completely scientific lifestyle? Yes I know there are some 'art galleries' but frankly that barely scratches the surface and gives little representation. Even the Plane of Air looks like some sort of jigsaw puzzle made by the Lucidians. Frankly when I first saw the Air plane, it was a big let down for me, as well as how the element of Air was being orchistrated in the game. A big 0 in my book.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I don't think you understand how important those art galleries are in Hallifax, or how devoted Trillillial was to her mate, Xyl. And it's not the structure, it's the room descriptions, which are incredibly well done in Air -- every room beyond the Neverending Airstream is different and beautiful to look at. Similarly, Xyl took a lot of inspiration from Trillillial while he envisioned Hallifax.

Also, not all trills are happy cloudy silly birds. Archmage Tyilee (sp)? for example, was a ruthless scientist.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Thoros really has mommy issues. Malicia didn't love him enough so he ran away from home to be a bad boy.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Neos said:
    Thoros really has mommy issues. Malicia didn't love him enough so he ran home to be a bad boy.
    Fixed
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Because when all the people I've griefed try to exact their revenge whenever I leave Glomdoring.

• edited July 2014
    I've always felt a pull from Magnagora. Something about the dark, gross, evil and twisted living along-side beautiful nobility and elegiac intrigue just always pulls me back. I've been in every org but Mag feels like home :D It makes me want to play.

...Plus I get to make flirty passes at Lavinya,  Leolamins, Munsia and Silvanus without anyone caring.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Pectus said:
    I've always felt a pull from Magnagora. Something about the dark, gross, evil and twisted living along-side beautiful nobility and elegiac intrigue just always pulls me back. I've been in every org but Mag feels like home :D It makes me want to play.

...Plus I get to make flirty passes at Lavinya,  Leolamins, Munsia and Silvanus without anyone caring.
    The city is no longer big enough for the two of us. Get out. X(

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Hey, @Silvanus doesn't complain when I flirt with you. Let him have some fun too.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Lavinya said:
    Pectus said:

The city is no longer big enough for the two of us. Get out. X(
    I could always turn my attention to @Ellowyn? She's pretty flirtable!

• If you have bacon, there's nobody Ellowyn wouldn't flirt with.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I was first introduced to Lusternia in Mag and it stuck. I play in every org, but I always end up coming back to Mag.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Love Mag. The dichotomy is delicious. It's like a fancy pants aristocracy got dropped into a horror movie and they were like meh why not and then settled right in. It creates a kind of majestic macabre.

I always picture the first post taint Magnagorans getting together and be like ok, look. Instead of relocating and building a new city let's just tell everyone we did this on purpose and that we totally meant to turn out this way. Also, no more destroying reality. I mean it for realz this time you guys. Then everyone would look at the skeletal and somewhat inside out Ladantine and it would be awkward.

• Pfft. They wouldn't have looked at Ladantine- he was too busy sulking in a dark underwater cave with the last shreds of his dignity.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Cause @Kelly's our Queen...duh! 
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • Tridemon said:
    Pfft. They wouldn't have looked at Ladantine- he was too busy sulking in a dark underwater cave with the last shreds of his dignity.
    Pfft indeed! Anyone who knows anything knows that Ladantine hardly spends any time in that damn cave. You go to all the trouble of raising him and in no time at all he has wondered off again.  :-w

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Llandros said:
    Tridemon said:
    Pfft. They wouldn't have looked at Ladantine- he was too busy sulking in a dark underwater cave with the last shreds of his dignity.
    Pfft indeed! Anyone who knows anything knows that Ladantine hardly spends any time in that damn cave. You go to all the trouble of raising him and in no time at all he has wondered off again.  :-w
    You should give him other things to think about so he does not have to wonder off.
  • I joined Celest because my RL brother had a character there. Stayed because I was in awe of people like Ekard and Malicia.
  • New Celest is my home because Iora doesn't know any better. :P
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Hallifax: Know Better
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • New Celest is awesome because the Light is good and proper and ALL THERE IS IS THE LIGHT AND GOODNESS AND PROPERNESS THERE IS NOTHING ELSE
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I've come to realise that the Pool of Stars is actually filled with Kool-Aid.

New Celest be sipping heavily on it.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Haezon has responsibility now. If he left it would be terribly hypocritical of him, and he hates those.
    Retired.