Milo Challenges the Seren

EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / BrontaurIndianapolis, IN, USA
Shadows stir as spiders and beetles scurry into sight, their movements stirred into a frenzy by an
unseen force.

The deep black shadows dance in movement around you, rising up your form before slinking back to the
floor as a rattling breath echoes around you.

The frenzied insects quicken their movements as the shadows stir, combining and melding with your
form as they climb your limbs, a voice sounding near your ear whispering, "Green forest of light,
feel my presence!"

You crease your brow in a frown.

You say, "I do not like the sound of this."

To the sky, you say, "Who are you? Show yourself!"

The Moonhart Mother Tree.
The variety of trees that crowd around the Moonhart Mother Tree goes beyond count, elms and alders,
beech and cherry, hawthorn and hazel, evergreen and oak, all dwarfed by the magnificence and majesty
of the mother tree herself. The grasses and shrubs that grow in the surrounding forest become scarce
as they approach the tree, replaced by tiny wildflowers of amethyst-purple and marble-white. The
veil to the ethereal plane is particularly thin, and the laughter of pixies and other creatures of
the fae tinkle down from the treetops and tickle the ears of those below. The atmosphere itself,
although benign and welcoming, also vibrates with a palpable power, sending shivers up the skin.
Singing a hauntingly beautiful melody, Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart, stands here. Towering high
above is the Moonhart Mother Tree, stretching her enormous branches heavenwards. Reaching up as high
as the eye can see looms the awesome presence of a living totem. There are 7 fierce timberwolves
here. There are 3 small screech owls here. Covered in bone armour, a striped badger is here, licking
its paws. A platinum eye sigil is here. Hovering over a raised dais are two silver arrows, their
long shafts crossed with the points aimed skywards. An illustrated canvas hangs in the air here,
supported by silvery ribbons. There are 10 kephera nature warders here. There are 10 centaur hunters
here. Covered in bone armour, watching you warily, a silver-furred vixen sniffs the air. Watching
you warily, a silver-furred vixen sniffs the air. There are 3 armoured owls here. An elfen guard
strolls here, alert and vigilant. A mature hornbeam tree stands proudly here. In the shape of an
open palm, a metallic sigil lies here. There are 10 frost hags here. There are 3 delicate irises
here. A rare striped orchid is here. A bright red poppy lies here, petals askew. An elegant tulip
lies here, forlornly. Lending a chill to its surroundings, a tulip of dusk lies here. Surrounded by
domothean death energies, an enormous map of the Catacombs of the Dead stretches across the open air.
 Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul is riding on a grungy black rage worg with leathery black wings. He
wields a fossilised root bardiche jingling with bone chimes with both hands.
You see exits leading north, south, and through a vined stairway.

A rattling, not unlike laughter echoes around you, as a voice whispers in your ear, "Do you fear me,
feathered one?"

@Idrazil squints suspiciously at his surroundings.

To the voice he hears, you ask, "Should I?"

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul says, "I fear no voices."

Spiders, beetles and shadows, frenzied in their movements stir into the area, climbing your limbs
and the trees around you.

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul says, "Hmhm I smell a corpse."

Idrazil wrinkles his nose and sniffs.

Everiine brushes as many spiders and beetles from him as he can.

Blood falls from the sky, as a rattling voice echoes, "Traitor! You are not worthy of my presence!"

"Shoo! Shoo!" Idrazil says as he waves all those around him away.

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul says, "This is Milo."

The frenzied insects grow to moderate size, gnawing and clawing at the surrounding tree limbs.

Idrazil squints suspiciously at his surroundings.

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul says, "Maybe you shall not taint this forest with your presence."

A rattling breath echoes throughout the area, as a voice whispers near your ear, "I shall bring the
shadows of the true mighty forest to this commune!"

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul takes out a sharpening stone from his pack and puts an ample amount of
animal fat all over its surface. Whispering thanks to the minor spirits with the blade of his
bardiche set at the prefect angle, he sweeps it sideways on the stone as he works so that the entire
edge is sharpened evenly.

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul says, "Well, I have not had a feast."

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul takes out a sharpening stone from his pack and puts an ample amount of
animal fat all over its surface. Whispering thanks to the minor spirits with the blade of his
bardiche set at the prefect angle, he sweeps it sideways on the stone as he works so that the entire
edge is sharpened evenly.

Everiine crosses his blades in front of him. "You will find that mission impeded, I
am afraid," he says.

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul packs some suspiciously looking herbs into and carefully lights a stag's
antler pipe with a piece of charcoal held in mapple leafs, then puffs on it before blowing out a
small, murky green smoke ring.

The blood drops falling from above quicken in their descent and grow in their size, as a rattling
voice booms, "You think your mortal weapons can effect me?"

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul says, "It is the effort that counts."

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul slowly draws from a stag's antler pipe. After inhaling a monster hit,
Idrazil exhales the smoke in a controlled fashion with his mouth opened wide. The murky, bluish-
colored smoke covers his entire muzzle, creating a ghost-like effect.

Defiantly, you say, "They are all I have, and I will use them as best I can. But you will not infect
these woods while I draw breath, however short that may be."

The gathered insects quicken in pace, gnawing at branches of nearby trees, some now beginning to
fall to the ground. A voice echoes, "I shall enjoy dining upon your flesh, fleshy ones. Yours most
of all, traitor!"

Idrazil kneels humbly, placing a hand to the earth before rising tall, his eyes ablaze with tribal
rage as he raises his weapon high, crying out, "Feidhmigh Ar Son An Serenguard!"

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul holds the pipe bit to his lips continuously and breathes out through the
nose a wide, expanding ring of golden smoke. The ring gradually adopts the outline of a tall
moonhart tree before dissipating into a mass of fading autumn leafs.

A rattling, not unlike laughter, echoes throughout the area.

Looking to Idrazil, you say, "He is my kin now, and his blood bound to mine. I will protect him as I
would any of my people."

You declare your intent to defend Idrazil.

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul says, "Well you have traitors in Glomdoring too so we are even."

Idrazil smirks.

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul gently sips from a stag's antler pipe with an expression of leisurely joy
before blowing out a small, purple smoke heart. The smoke heart expands and spreads out into
splendour of thin, aromatic mist on the area that reflects the available light as a rainbow of
colourful rays.

Deep shadows of darkness continue to spill into view, blanketing the trees and now, finally, the
Moonhart in their veil.

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul says, "Your little tricks shall not weaken my resolve."

(Serenwilde): You say, "Seren, it seems one of the Ephemerals, Milo, is threatening our woods.
Assemble at the Moonhart Mother Tree--we will show that we are not without resolve."

A shiver runs its way down your back as a rattling voice echoes, "You can deny me all you like with
your pitiful words and foolish weapons. I shall prevail in this task!"

A speckled hedgehog scurries rapidly in.
Gliding in upon fiery wings of flickering vermilion, a shadowy gryphon arrives from the up, exuding
an aura of joy.
Crackling with electricity, a swarm of lightning bugs flickers in from the up. Suddenly, the bugs
swell and surge, the form of Avurekhos manifesting amongst them.

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul says, "And what task is this?"

Everiine flutters his wings and takes a step forward. "Not while we yet stand!" he
shouts.

A kephera nature warder touches his headdress in salute towards @Neshca.

Neshca says, "Where is it?"

A rattling echoes throughout the area, as a voice booms, "Stifling the light of this pitiful commune,
 of course!"

@Avurekhos 's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul says, "Be careful not to get burnt."

Spreading his arms wide, Idrazil spins clockwise and a shimmering white orb springs up around him.

Heir Avurekhos Myeras, of Winter's Dream says, "Pitiful, it says."

You say to Idrazil, "For my kin, I would gladly suffer it."

Spreading her arms wide, Sidhi spins clockwise and a shimmering white orb springs up around her.

Spreading your arms wide, you spin clockwise and visualize a circle of protection. A shimmering
white orb springs up around you.

The deep shadows continue their steady crawl upwards of the Moonhart, as yet more branches fall from
the gathered insects.

Spreading his arms wide, Avurekhos spins clockwise and a shimmering white orb springs up around him.

@Niina mutters and traces a cobalt blue pentagram in the air that remains hovering before her.

Sidhi kneels humbly, placing a hand to the earth before rising tall, her eyes ablaze with tribal
rage as she raises her weapon high, crying out, "Feidhmigh Ar Son An Serenguard!"

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul says, "He is attacking the Tree."

Keyll Arrane Niina Yfae'dren, Song of the Wilde says, "How do we stop this?"

Niina narrows her eyes to thin slits.

A rattling echoes throughout the area, as a voice booms, "Where are your Divine Ones now, mortals? I
shall devour all of your flesh!"

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul says, "I warn you my bones are thick and sharp..."

Avurekhos's eyes sparkle with amusement.

A murderous thunder booms in the skies as silver moonfire rips through the boughs of the Serenwilde
Forest, igniting the insects as it passes. The wyrden shadows scatter before the silver flames,
melting and dissolving like wisps of smoke. An ancient presence, thick with Wrath, weighs heavily
upon you as the Crone's voice roars from above, "Manifest yourself, creature. Make yourself known to
Me."

Idrazil roars fiercely.

Idrazil waves about a fossilised root bardiche jingling with bone chimes energetically.

Neshca snickers softly to herself.

Keyll Arrane Niina Yfae'dren, Song of the Wilde says, "Thank goodness."

Smirking, you say, "Even mortals know not to challenge the Silver Goddess."

The gathered shadows and insects cease their movements momentarily, as a voice booms, "I shall not,
Divine One!"

Neshca says, "It got its wish."

@Lilybell arrives, following Brother @Mori, Supplicant of Humility.

A rattling breath echoes throughout the area, as a voice now whispers, "This forest must fall to the
shadows."

Heir Avurekhos Myeras, of Winter's Dream says, "It will never fall to the shadows, it shall be
illuminated in blessed Moonlight."

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul says, "This forest will prevail now and always."

A silver mist blows in from the south, ethereal and shapeless. At once, the mist shifts upward and
solidifies, manifesting the form of @Kyair.

You say, "Even in the darkest of Night, Mother Moon shines bright."

Keyll Arrane Niina Yfae'dren, Song of the Wilde says, "Till all else is crumbled and dead."

Lightning blazes dangerously in the skies, churning in the black storm cloud that builds above the
forest. The voice of the Crone echoes from above, terrifying and solid, "By My power, I command you
to become corporeal, creature - or I will see you destroyed."

The shadows that once ascended the Moonhart now begin to slowly descend, as a voice whispers, "For
as long as their is light, their is shadows. You shall never prevail....noooooo!"

A bloody haze coalesces in the air, giving way to @Milo, the Blossoming Corpse.

"Ahah!" Idrazil exclaims triumphantly.

Idrazil sniffs Milo, trying to decipher just what that smell emanating from him is.

Milo, the Blossoming Corpse's eyes blaze in fury.

Avurekhos peers at Milo unscrupulously.

Niina narrows her eyes at Milo in an unnerving manner.

Chief Everiine Silvermoon, Wolverine's Kit glares at Milo, crossing his blades
again.

Idrazil doffs a roaring bear head helm of the savage to Mori.

Milo, the Blossoming Corpse turns his skull slowly, taking in the surroundings.

Lilybell, Pure Chime hides a little grin.

Mori ponders Milo thoughtfully, looking him up and down.

The storm coalesces before the Moonhart Mother Tree, its thick, black clouds taking shape as silver
moonfire wreathes the area. With a flash, the divine form of @Lisaera, the Silver Goddess, manifests,
Her eyes blazing with the storm.

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul says, "Fear not the light.."

A rattle in his voice, Milo, the Blossoming Corpse says, "I shall taste the flesh of you all!"

You kneel before Lisaera, swearing your allegiance to Her.

Milo cowers in a corner, fearful of Lisaera's wrath.

Avurekhos humbly drops one knee to the ground before Lisaera, genuflecting reverently in Her
presence.

Idrazil bows respectfully to Lisaera.

Milo, the Blossoming Corpse says, "I...I do not fear you!"

Mori presses his palms together over his heart and performs a humble bow to Lisaera, chanting a
harmonic mantra that lingers in the air.

Sidhi kneels before Lisaera, swearing her allegiance to Her.

Niina curtseys gracefully before Lisaera.

Keyll Arrane Niina Yfae'dren, Song of the Wilde says to Milo, "You should fear the wrath of the
Crone."

Lilybell kneels onto one knee, demonstrating her humility and respect.

Advancing slowly, thunder booming in Her voice, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says to Milo, "You will
leave this place, child. You will leave this place now, lest I tear your tormented form apart with
My own hands."

Shadows gather around the form of Milo, the Blossoming Corpse as he stands defiantly, gazing with
rage in his eyes at Lisaera, the Silver Goddess.

Lightning blazing in Her eyes, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says to Milo, "And if you ever return,
you will cease to exist. I will snuff you from this plane like a candle for harming My forest."

The tribal markings on Milo, the Blossoming Corpse's hands glide and shift across his skin, mingling
with the crimson bloodstains before becoming still once more.

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul gently sips from a stag's antler pipe with an expression of leisurely joy
before blowing out a small, purple smoke heart. The smoke heart expands and spreads out into
splendour of thin, aromatic mist on the area that reflects the available light as a rainbow of
colourful rays.

Everiine finally backs away from the thunder and lightning of the Silver Goddess,
getting out of the way.

Milo, the Blossoming Corpse says, "Know this, green forest of light! The Glomdoring shall prevail!"

The earth rumbles suddenly before breaking open, revealing a massive green stalk that surges up
through the gap, whipping around menacingly.

The huge green stalk wraps itself around Milo's waist and lifts him into the air with horrific speed.
 The stalk draws back powerfully before flinging Milo into the air, his form quickly disappearing
into the clouds.

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul stares at the clouds with suspicion.

Lisaera, the Silver Goddess surveys Her surroundings like a predator, Her eyes wild with a mother's
protective scrutiny. She lays a hand on the bark of the Moonhart Tree and nods, silver moonfire
still rippling in waves around Her.

Avurekhos purses his lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as he carefully gathers his
thoughts.

Neshca says, "He displayed more courage than most of the southern forest, heh."

Neshca stretches languidly.

Everiine breathes a sigh of relief and lowers his blades.

Mori's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Lightning flashing dangerously in Her eyes, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "You are safe now, My
children. It was drawn by your strength."

Keyll Arrane Niina Yfae'dren, Song of the Wilde says to Lisaera, "Thank you, my Lady."

Showing that he understands, Avurekhos nods his head slowly.

Idrazil nods his head emphatically.

You kneel before Lisaera, swearing your allegiance to Her.

Lisaera, the Silver Goddess casts one more glance into the forest and nods, satisfaction in Her
expression.

Lisaera reaches out to tenderly cup your cheek in Her hand.

Everiine flutters his wings at the contact.

Avurekhos's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

A mother's gentleness in Her voice, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says to you, "You stood your ground
well, Seneschal, defying a divine being. You are right for this commune's new age of growth and
power."

Shifting his attention to you, Idrazil powerfully slams a fist against his own chest in a tribal
display of respect.

Her eyes slowly fading to a clear blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Go well, little ones. I
am proud of you."

The silhouette of the Silver Goddess ignites with shimmering moonfire, Her presence wholly consumed
by the cold blaze that winks out of existence like motes of burning starlight.

Everiine exhales and seems to shrink a little.

Serenguard Idrazil Ga'ruul checks his flesh for scratch marks.

Brother Mori, Supplicant of Humility says, "Farewell... and nice to meet You, Lady Lisaera. Probably
didn't hear me, but ah well."

Mori gives a pained sigh.

Niina nods her head at you.

Lisaera, the Silver Goddess has bestowed Her divine truefavour upon you. It will last for 5 months.
Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Bring out the I <3 Milo shirts robes.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback