The Sewers

TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
So while talking with some friends, I realised that the sewers are going almost completely unused, and I happened to think, "Wow. That must be a really good gold dump right now." I brought this up with Iosen, and after he laughed hysterically for a few minutes, he told me, "Yes, I bet it is. Unfortunately you'd have to be suicidal to go down there any more." He explained to me about Muud and the giant tunnel with aggro parasites that will eat your face off. 

So here's my question, are the sewers worth the time and effort to go through them? I mean sure, the first person down there after the changes to gold gathering might rake in a small fortune, but what's the purpose of really having them there? Iosen and I continued to talk things over for a little bit, and the most I could pull out of my head was 'Maybe they could make a new herb that grows down there? Something to give motivation to go?' Of course, this herb would have to be Sparkleberry +1 to be worth facing the sewers, it seems.

Thoughts? Opinions? Interpretive dances?
                      * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                     * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
          * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
  * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I hear going into the Celest sewers gives you crabs.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Every area in the game has some sort of significance to the lore, and on top of that, there is bashing/hunting/questing. I don't think any area that falls out of fashion needs shiny new things - the history and reason it exists isn't going to change. I'm sure there are a lot of areas that aren't frequently visited but I don't know that it's reason enough to bring out some new unrelated shiny thing just so people go there.

• The Magnagora sewers are okay for gold if you do Lain's quest. Worth the time to go every time I've done it, anyway - but not a small fortune I'm afraid.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• I love going down there and bashing Muud.  Just need to be demi to ascend out or be prepared to bash all the way to the end of Muud.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• I would include being demi in the prep for getting all the way through to the end of Mudd.

• Leolamins said:
    I love going down there and bashing Muud.  Just need to be demi to ascend out or be prepared to bash all the way to the end of Muud.
    Mid-way!
  • Yeah just know where the point of no return is and teleport night or uhm... whatever you non-Gloms do. Orgbix I guess?

As for the sewers, if they are not as frequently visited then the reward is the higher gold accumulation in there. That is precisely the point of the gold system as is. If you want more people to go in there, that will go away, and indeed you'd need to stick something new in there. However, if there are mobs already, then there isn't really much more you can do unless you add extra mobs. Don't like the idea of sewer herbs, plus we don't need more curatives. I'd say sewers are in a good spot as they are now. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Out of curiosity, does Gaudiguch have a sewer?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • No.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Halli and Gaudi are still sewerless for now.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I thought Hallifaxans were just anally retentive.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Can't really have a fortune on a denizen. There are certain strong denizens - Marani, Manifestations, What's-his-face, the guy in the illithoid prison, the queen of queens, etc... that can have a lot of gold on them, but the amount of gold that a denizen can accumulate depends on that denizen's level. Standard sewer fare isn't exactly high-level, so it will have very little gold, no matter how long it's been since it was last cleared. As to Muud... it's not THAT bad... but again, you'd want to be a demi in case you can't handle it and want out.

@Rialorm - Muud is an indoors area, so bixes dun work.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.