General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I'm too much of an anarchist to care about this country. 
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Stangmar said:
    with one of the most high-profile pedophiles of the 21st century.

There's a fair share of those right now, sadly it doesn't seem like there's an end in sight. Every arrest and prosecution going on with operation Yewtree seems to just destroy that little bit more of my early childhood.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Pshh, I'm in Washington, D.C. I stood on a hill and turned around slowly. Nothing but fireworks blooming from there to the horizon, in every direction. It was magnificent.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Karlach said:
    Stangmar said:
    with one of the most high-profile pedophiles of the 21st century.

There's a fair share of those right now, sadly it doesn't seem like there's an end in sight. Every arrest and prosecution going on with operation Yewtree seems to just destroy that little bit more of my early childhood.
    I'm told those people have a 'sickness'

One that I feel would best be treated by chaining them to the back of a pickup and dragging them down the interstate.
    Stangmar - Retired

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I live in the city where freedom was born, so /winner.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    edited July 2014
    Neos said:
    Didn't know you were born in London, home of the Magna Carta of 1215, the Habeas Corpus act of 1679 and the abolition of the Slave trade act in 1807!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Karlach said:
    Neos said:
    Didn't know you were born in London, home of the Magna Carta of 1215, the Habeas Corpus act of 1679 and the abolition of the Slave trade act in 1807!
    I'm a man of mystery.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Gasp, Saint Germaine!
  • Happy Birthday to me, we have a hurricane going on and no power and I'm working a 12 1/2 hour shift the day before. (granted, voluntarily)
  • I try, so very hard, not to fall into the traps of stereotypes and racism. But these fecking Mexicans and their damn music at all hours of ever, I want to drag their borderhopping arses back to whence they came. I WANT TO SLEEP 

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    There's a very good reason why I find Maellio's statements hilarious.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Whichever admin changed the post needs to revisit it and fix the rest of it.
  • Meh, I'm ok with criticism of behaviors and cultural differences, especially since culture can be tied to many things other than just the color of one's skin.  For example, I have a general distaste towards the stereotypical granola.  That's the beauty of free discourse, you can say things that might not gel with the sensibilities of others.

Stangmar - Retired

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Maellio said:
    I try, so very hard, not to fall into the traps of stereotypes and racism. But these fecking Mexicans and their damn music at all hours of ever, I want to drag their borderhopping arses back to whence they came. I WANT TO SLEEP 
    If I have to deal with noise issues, I skip the pleasantries and just contact noise control.  I tend to be as patient as they come, but when people are blasting music at 2am and I have to be up at 7am, the gloves come off and I go into 'grumpy old fart' mode.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Maellio said:
    I try, so very hard, not to fall into the traps of stereotypes and racism. But these fecking Mexicans and their damn music at all hours of ever, I want to drag their borderhopping arses back to whence they came. I WANT TO SLEEP 
    Salsa!

There's giving criticism of someone's culture, then there's stereotype whitewashing.

The latter is never acceptable, judging an entire ethnicity/gender/religion by your limited experiences with a few cherry picked incidents is a terrible way to have an outlook on life. By that logic everyone is scum of the earth due to one connection or other they have.

• Humanity is a virus.

• As a blanket response: this is a culminating complaint to a long line such actions by this particular family, that I then voiced invectively for the sake of some catharsis. Spur of the moment and in bad taste, I agree, but not something I'd apologize for.

@Zyphora I never actually claimed -not- to be racist, I am. Against everyone. What I try to do is not fall into the trap of giving into it, painting people with the stereotypes that have built up, but there is only so much political correctness one can indulge in when the people in question -repeatedly- conform to those stereotypes.

@Kagato we do contact noise control, however it either takes 3-5 calls before a car is even dispatched or one never comes. And when they do arrive they just shoot the shit with them before driving off. A friend of my mother's has similar problems and is a cop to boot, and has to verbally chastise the dispatch into sending a car. It's rather ridiculous.

@Karlach Tho the implicit question there becomes at what point do your experience thereof constitute an informed opinion in lieu of just baseless stereotyping. I've dealt with this family for years, their actions have remained consistent and break the noise curfew laws with alarming frequency. And they are hardly my only sample, my wife is half-Mexican and even her family freely admit to these stereotypes and complain about them. It is complicated.

@Iasmos There is a movie like that, it was absolute schlock. There is also a book [at length] about that, it is much better

And that should be the end of this. Because I have no desire to start a protracted comment war or skirt the forum rules until we all get jailed. If you want to debate me further DM me and I'll be happy to argue over Skype or whatever. 

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Iasmos said:
    Humanity is a virus.
    An std technically.
    Stangmar - Retired

Iasmos said:
    Humanity is a virus.
    Viruses require a host body to survive, we're more like a pathogen.

• For the most part, the planet Earth is our host body. So many people say, "Save the planet!" when what they really mean is "Save the humans!"

• For the past few days I have been getting nose bleeds every morning when I blow it.
    Annoying.
  • Getting real tired of being made to feel like I am inadequate as a programmer. Busting my ass the last few days to deliver the best work I have possibly ever delivered, get told there is a logical error to my solution. Go to look, logical error exists everywhere that same solution pattern is used. Explain this, am questioned why I never detected it earlier. Point out it is already on my backlog. Colleague makes a new backlog item for me to fix it anyway. So now I have a duplicate. Yeah thanks dude real motivating that. 

Planning to power on until I am done with the career coaching track and meanwhile have my second job evaluation. Shall see how that goes. I understand people think I am a slacker, and I need to prove to them I am not, but it would help if they could meanwhile not be assholes >_<
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Khydan said:
    First company meeting in recent memory has been called for Monday morning. I sense a great disturbance in the Force...
    Legal constraints aside: panic over. Everything appears to be in order (at last from where I'm standing).
  • This week... my best friend's two sisters are over at the house a few days... one of whom is a perfectly nice and lovely person. The other is completely insane. The latter was screaming at the former for several hours last night, and has apparently decided to abandon her son with us.

And I don't know what any of it is about, but I can't deal well with that sort of arguing, and being around any of them is stressful. 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • 10 days into grandma's hospital stay, just as they were to release her, they discovered her other leg is broken too. Cue another surgery and 7-10 more days of me basically living at the hospital.  

• @Drocilla, how did they not notice a leg being broken?
  • She broke that one a month ago it seems, also a fall. Her doc said it's sciatica pain and dismissed her. They did xrays of both upon taking her in for the left one but right one showed nothing. They kept saying its just old age but she was in extreme pain so they kept trying different angles for the films or whatever I guess. It's so ridiculous I laughed when they told me (they might now think I'm crazy). :(
  • edited July 2014
    Must be a small fracture then.  I had a greenstick fracture in my wrist about 11 years ago.  Fortunately they heal quickly, although it will likely take your grandma longer than it took a 13 year old me. 

Stangmar - Retired