#JustCosetteEncounters

You hear a soft pitter patter of feet running through the vicinity.

Cold, clean breezes eddy through the air, driven indoors by the constant winds that buffet the city.

All at once, you hear an apologetic clatter of instruments and a feminine 'oof!' of despair.

(Hallifax): Vivet says, "Farewell for now, citizens."

Cold, clean breezes eddy through the air, driven indoors by the constant winds that buffet the city.

The unmistakeable figure of Cosette Cloudwalker scurries out from a nearby room, sorely mussed from some variant of shenanigans that have written a plain frown across on her face.

Solemn, staid voices can be heard from somewhere outdoors, rising and falling in emotionless, precise monotone.

(Market): Asmodea says, "Seeking a Selene Doll."

A series of chiming notes, distinctly crystalline, ring out in the distance in a slow, descending scale.

Huffily, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "You saw nothing."

Eyes brightening at some distant sight, Cosette Cloudwalker bobs into a hurried curtsey before darting off to the out.

(was AFK, but managed to follow up quickly enough!)

You peer about yourself unscrupulously.

(Order): You say, "Did you need something, Cosette?"

(Order): Cosette Cloudwalker says, "I daresay your guildhall is designed to get people lost!"

Solemn, staid voices can be heard from somewhere outdoors, rising and falling in emotionless, precise monotone.

(some moving around)

Hall of the Stratosphere.
Banks of clouds roil about here. Translucent crystal and polished steel weave into an intricate
generator that stands within the centre of the hall. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular
monolith is on the ground.
You see exits leading north, northeast, southwest (open door), west (open door), up, and down.

You peer about yourself unscrupulously.

You hear a soft cough.

(Order): You say, "You don't want Malimli to take notice of you."

Shyly standing behind one of the columns, Cosette emerges with some shred of forced dignity.

You raise your hand in greeting to Cosette Cloudwalker and say "Hi!"
Cosette Cloudwalker raises her hand to her mouth and titters girlishly.

Clearing her throat, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "I was told I could look around if I behaved myself."

Glancing about nervously, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "And I was behaving...! Mostly."

Cosette Cloudwalker twiddles her thumbs.

You say, "It's really something, isn't it? It's a tower not used nearly enough."

You say, "The Grand Assembly is one of my favorites, though it doesn't compare to the Observatory in the Institute tower."

You ponder Cosette Cloudwalker thoughtfully, looking her up and down.
With bored affectation, Cosette Cloudwalker inspects her nails idly.

Cosette Cloudwalker softens at this, clearly relieved at avoiding her usual chastisement.

Running a hand through her headfeathers, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "I do so like towers. There's something romantic about them, in a way. Very much like the fables in the library."

You say, "Indeed? I have become used to Hallifax's altitude, but I will admit that it took some...getting used to."

With astonishment, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "Truly?"

You nod your head affirmatively.

Cosette Cloudwalker peers at you, looking you up and down with absolute scrutiny.

Too young to be a woman, yet precocious enough to consider herself such, this trill girl holds herself tall with regal bearing. Stunning golden wings kissed a gentle shade of sunset orange flutter behind her in a majestic display, soft and downy to the touch. She is dressed in a gown tailored from the finest carnelian silk, which drapes low about her shoulders and clings tightly to her slim frame. Wispy taffeta cinches about her waist in layers of autumn pastels that flow behind her in a train of gossamer streamers, showcasing a bodice accented by pink pearl beading. Artfully arranged about her head plumage, ruby-studded bobby pins and bronze ribbons shimmer in a luxurious display. Heavy-lidded lashes frame her bright amber eyes, which shine with earnest curiosity.
Cosette Cloudwalker has an air of extreme strength.

Abashed, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "I had thought it would be little different from seeing a great deal of crystals trees."

The sound of buffeting wings is briefly audible.

You nod your head emphatically.

A note of urgency in her tone, Cosette Cloudwalker says to you, "But do you quite like the city -now-?"

Wringing his paws a bit, you say, "Oh, naturally. I'd not be able to live anywhere else."

Cosette Cloudwalker hides a grin behind her hand.

You say, "Not even the communes. I can barely find my balance in a tree, but the maintenance catwalks are child's play."

You suck thoughtfully on your teeth.

You say, "The branches move a lot, you see. Especially under a druid's influence."

Giggling, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "I find when people here are stuffy, I wonder how they would do with some fresh air."

You nod solemnly.

You say, "Thankfully, it is in abundant supply here."

Cosette Cloudwalker says, "Well, some people never leave the libraries."

Dull chiming noises echo in the distance at regular intervals, the sound of hammers on crystal.

Cosette Cloudwalker glowers for a moment at a speck on the floor, smoothing out her skirts as she mutters to herself.

Quietly, you gaze at the sky, longing to sail into the far reaches of space.

You say, "Surely that is why you are here in the Overcity! Taking a bit of a break, no?"

Cosette Cloudwalker nods at this, sighing.

Tilting his head, frowning at the ceiling briefly, you say, "I do hope your studies under the Dame go well."

Siniferous has been torn to shreds by a tainted groveller.

Wrinkling her nose, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "Oh, well... Somewhat."

Twitching his ears, you say, "Somewhat?"

Cosette Cloudwalker says, "But I find she is more tolerable than I once assumed. I have finally discovered worse company can exist."

You say, "Indeed?"

Cosette Cloudwalker's wings droop a bit as she nods.

Blurting it out, Cosette Cloudwalker exclaims to you, "The Lady's librarian doesn't like me!"

You blink.

You say, "The painting? I...I forget her name."

Cosette Cloudwalker covers her face in her hands and nods once more for emphasis.

Cosette Cloudwalker says, "Oh, no, not her."

You say, "Oh. Oh! Portius."

Eyes narrowing, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "Yes."

Cosette Cloudwalker says, "He is terribly cross with me all the time, you know."

You say, "Oh, I'm sure he's just providing a bit of, um, how you say, tough love."

Maligorn gestures for emphasis, nodding in concurrence with himself.

Cosette Cloudwalker ponders you thoughtfully, looking you up and down.

Anxiously, Cosette Cloudwalker says to you, "Do you like me at all?"

Wringing his paws, you say, "There's nothing to -dislike- about you."

You say, "That is to say, I do appreciate your company!"

Cosette Cloudwalker exhales, truly relieved by this.

Cheeks rosy with blush, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "I would be so unhappy were I to displease the Lady."

(Market): Xeria says, "AD 6 - THE FOX STABLES! We have beasts for sale!!"

You say, "You are intelligent, bright, and an eager soul. I am certain that you could not fall in disfavour with Her."

You nod solemnly.

Cosette Cloudwalker sniffles despite herself, doing her very best to stand still despite looking desperate for a hug.

A series of chiming notes, distinctly crystalline, ring out in the distance in a slow, descending scale.

You tilt your head curiously.

Talking quickly as she ruffles her headfeathers, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "Perhaps I ought to pay more attention to the Dame's lessons. I mean, ah, that is... The Lady sent me to her, and She must have reasons for it."

Cosette Cloudwalker sways back and forth.

His tail swishing, you say, "Are you unable to find any other reason than that? Surely you have come
to respect her wisdom thus far."

Cosette Cloudwalker chews on her lip, deep in thought.

Thoughtfully, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "She is very kind, in her own way."

You say, "Or are you learning more clerical things, like etiquette and the finer points of being a lady?"

Leaning his head into his paw, you say, "I have heard of such schools around here. Though I've never bothered to attend."

Cosette Cloudwalker says, "I like listening to the stories about the Lady, and learning about the arts. The Dame does find my etiquette and decorum a bit lacking, however."

Straightening up a bit, Cosette Cloudwalker says to you, "I was born with Cloudwalker blood, you know. Things are expected of that."

Cosette Cloudwalker says, "I am certain Shevats are quite similar."

Straightening up, you say, "I am certain. The Shevats prescribe similar guidelines."

Cosette Cloudwalker beams broadly.

Dull chiming noises echo in the distance at regular intervals, the sound of hammers on crystal.

Cosette Cloudwalker says, "I should like to know more of the Shevats. They don't really run in the same circles as Linira and the others, I notice."

You say, "Indeed, the colours you wear still give no doubt about your lineage."

You suck thoughtfully on your teeth.

Cosette Cloudwalker blushes a bit, her wings wrapping about herself protectively.

You say, "In truth, what I have been able to study and learn, is that the Shevats were separated at some point -- one branch begetting the scientists of the Mesa Compound and the other heading to form and tend the Clarramore Cloud Gardens."

Eyes wide, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "My goodness! The Clarramores being middle caste, too."

You say, "As I understand, I was adopted into the cloud gardens branch of the family. And, that would make sense. The Shevats have no qualms of humbly serving."

You say, "Lukun and his gallery are surely representative of that. He is very charming and mellow, despite extreme talent."

The Portal of Fate flashes as Gramari steps through, now ready to begin a fresh life in Lusternia.
(University): Please welcome Gramari who has just enrolled into the University of Cosmic Understanding to learn the ways of the Symphonium!
(Hallifax): Please welcome Gramari who just stepped out of the Portal of Fate as a new citizen!

The sound of buffeting wings is briefly audible.

Trying to phrase it properly, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "Oh certainly, but with such lineage as Nauta and Lukun, one would expect perhaps the Clarramores to find purpose in...well, serving your gardens?"

(University): Entrias says, "Welcome home."

(University): You say, "Ah, welcome to Hallifax! You may read CGHELP WELCOME and CGHELP SYMPHONIUM to reorient yourself to the world at large."

(Hallifax): Gramari says, "Thanks."

You ponder the situation.

You say, "Well, while I am sure the Shevats could have purchased the land from the Clarramores, it is still theirs in deed and name."

You say, "I am quite underinformed of the dynamics of many of the great houses here."

You glance askance.

Pulling at the hem of her skirts, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "I am told some of my ancestors lived in Climanti. Most of us, however, have managed to find purpose once more in the great city of Hallifax. Linira serves as our Master Artist."

You say, "Mmm. I do believe I recall some Cloudwalkers currently extant in the continent of Icewynd."

Cosette Cloudwalker allows a quiet nod of agreement.

You say, "A Cloudwalker tribe perhaps? I could have been mistaken. There were cloudberry silos therein, though."

Awkwardly, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "We...do not technically consider them kin. Tribal as they are."

Raising his eyebrows slightly, you say, "That is unfortunate."

Pursing her lips in thought as she recites, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "The Cloudwalkers are known for having more passion than many of the other houses, more daring in some ways with our colours and our subject matter. But we are lesser known for such technical or bureaucratic callings as other
houses."

You look thoughtful and say, "A reputation for being an outlier in passionate works of art would have had me assume that they would dare to call those of the tribe, at the very least, cousins."

You say, "I understand there is some trepidation in tying any part of a trill family to Icewynd, though. No one wants to be connected to possible traitors -- Ice Angels, I mean."

Blushing once more, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "With passion can come pride."

Murmuring as she lowers her eyes a bit, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "That is what the Dame says, anyhow."

Distractedly repeating himself, you say, "That is unfortunate."

Cosette Cloudwalker tilts her head curiously at you.

Curious, Cosette Cloudwalker says to you, "Are they friends of yours?"

You say, "Oh, no. I hardly interacted with them."

Her brow furrowed, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "Oh."

The sound of quiet, muffled conversation drifts through the air.

Helpfully, Cosette Cloudwalker says to you, "You know, if the Shevats ever served the Clarramores, I suppose it could make sense in a way."

You say, "I mean, it is unfortunate that passion can lead to pride. As humble as Lukun is, they do not call him the Persimmon Flame for nothing."

Comprehension flashes across Cosette Cloudwalker's face.

Clearly parrotting an elder, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "Well, it is good to be satisfied with one's work. But to be overly proud of it, and to allow one's ego to flourish, can lead to the lower emotions."

The sound of quiet, muffled conversation drifts through the air.

Slightly amused, you say, "Mmm."

Confidentially, Cosette Cloudwalker says to you, "Well, I do not think you proud, anyhow."

Tilting his head, you say, "No? What do you think me, then?"

Cosette Cloudwalker looks surprised at the question and wraps her wings about herself, chewing her lip in serious thought.

Squinting as she examines you, Cosette Cloudwalker says to you, "Well... You are quite small, but it suits you well." As if in explanation, she adds, "Not everyone suits their form, you know. Lafu Longplume is quite ghastly."

You blink incredulously at Cosette Cloudwalker.

You say, "The pigeon collector?"

Cosette Cloudwalker exclaims, "But you must never tell him!"

Cosette Cloudwalker shifts her eyes suspiciously from side to side.

You say, "My. I will need to get a fresh look at him and confirm such."

"Eep!", Cosette Cloudwalker screams in fright.

Raising a digit in the air, you say, "I will be most discreet. Oh yes."

Cosette Cloudwalker quickly clamps her hands over her mouth.

Most frustrated, Cosette Cloudwalker exclaims, "Bother!"

Eyeing you, Cosette Cloudwalker says, "You are also full of schemes, you know. It can be a delight or a disaster, depending."

Lips quirking slightly as he raises one dramatic eyebrow, you say, "I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about."

Cosette Cloudwalker looks resentfully at you and pouts with a vengeance.

You hum innocently to yourself.

Cosette Cloudwalker turns her back on you and pointedly ignores you.

"Hmph!" Cosette Cloudwalker snorts.

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Cosette is fun to hang out with until she starts disrespecting the peerage and scientists and Glorious Eternal Chairman Cririk Adom. Then you realize that she really, really needs a good dose of reeducation.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Cosette is so perfectly adorable. 

I wish I we had more lovely teen mobs in Glomdoring. Like a post-season 4 Jenny Humphrey for @Viravain. Please and thank you. 
  • what's a mob
    actually what's an ephemeral too

#magnagoraproblems
  • Isune said:
    Portius said:
    Cosette is fun to hang out with until she starts disrespecting the peerage and scientists and Glorious Eternal Chairman Cririk Adom. Then you realize that she really, really needs a good dose of reeducation.
    Portius clearly has no experience with teenagers.

Or too much.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Portius works with the Ministry for the Disposal of Superfluous Youth, and since he's good at that job they're usually disposed of before they become teenagers.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited July 2014
    Another reason to appreciate Portius