furrikin or merian for celestine combatant?

Which would be better, assuming tarot as the tert?

It seems their combat would be balance heavy since celestinalism and sacraments are mostly passive and don't have skills that you spam (could be wrong). Tarot would be the thing that would take most of your time.

Are the four intel points that merian get over furrikin going to make a huge difference for damage?

Is the furrikin roll bonus very useful?

I know merian would bash much better.

Thank yous!

Best Answers

Answers

• Marcella said:
    The more tarot you can get out, the more aeon and lust and whatnot you can hit out
    Which is why I thought furrikin might be better because they get a balance bonus and tarot uses balance.

In a related question, if you go merian (or any city based race), get the stat pack for a certain guild then switch guilds, will your stat pack change to reflect your new guild or do you have to reincarnate?

Thanks all!
  • Yes, it will change automatically to reflect the stats for that guild associated with your org and race specialty for that city/org that it affects. So, you don't need to reincarnate. It only works for the org the race has specialization stats for.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Post Demi, maybe. Not pre demi, though. As I said, it's more of a Mag issue for well rounded leveling as well. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Whoa, whoa. I did well as Pesukaru. I've never been top tier, but I held my own as a Cantor.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Don't confuse player skill with race choice!

(Cantor also does well against the non top tier combatants because princessfarewell spam)

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Furrikin rolling has gotten me out of so many scrapes :(

but yes, I agree that for Celestine merian > furrikin

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Celina said:

Don't confuse player skill with race choice!

(Cantor also does well against the non top tier combatants because princessfarewell spam)

True, but I did Pfarewell before it was upgraded, when it didn't bypass quicksilver.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.