Urlach?

PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
edited July 2014 in Q&A
I'm looking for info on Urlach for a library project. It's not scholarly, so I'll be using plenty of poetic license, but I'd like to know as much of the background as I can anyway.

What I know:

He invented the Catacombs and undeadness.

The undead were mostly orclach, as was he.

Most of the other vernals did not approve of the undead (and Catacombs?)

I'm guessing there's more fluff on him than that, either in game or just by player convention. Please fill me in!

Tagging people who are likely to know things: @Marcella @Kalnid
Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.

Best Answer

Answers

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I see you have Marcella tagged. Definitely the one to talk to.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    The Vernal Child story still gives me pangs of regret and tragedy. Never forget.

• Also the proper name for the higher energies used by the Soulless is Excoroperditio. It's to Excorable energies as the Immanidivinus is to Divinus.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • I thought Immanidivinus and Excoroperditio referred to the sources of the energies rather than the energies themselves?

I have issues with the notion that Urlach invented modern necromancy, although there's no question that the two arts are heavily parallel.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kalnid said:
    I thought Immanidivinus and Excoroperditio referred to the sources of the energies rather than the energies themselves?

I have issues with the notion that Urlach invented modern necromancy, although there's no question that the two arts are heavily parallel.
    I did not see that mentioned in Marcella's post; I thought it was very explicitly stated that modern necromancy is not the same thing as what Urlach did.  However, it was as close as mortal-kind could get to what He did, and so it was embraced (by certain segments of Urlach worshippers at least).
  • That's one of the IG things that's argued about: pro-Taint people say that it's the exact same shit Urlach did, it's just that Luciphage invented it seperately - kind of like, say, two people on seperate sides of the world coming up with the same equation.

Anti-Taint people say that the undeath frmo the taint is way fucking different and is super abominable and is in no way the same and is stupid.

There's no denying Urlach was more POWERFUL with it, but we don't have GODS messing around with necromancy like Urlach was, so raising undead to the power of garwights or garshades or whatnot (catacombs mobs) aren't possible for mortals.