The wedding of Iorwen Shee-Slaugh and Zilias Ysav'rai

edited July 2014 in Event Scrolls

I decided to post a log of the wedding for those who missed it. I cut out some things to improve the overall flow, towards the beginning and the end. The ceremony itself was beautiful, however. Thank you, Eliron. And thank you to everyone who attended. <3

----------------------------------------

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament moves to stand at the head of the ring of stones.

Eliron drops an amethyst.

You have emoted: Iorwen Shee-Slaugh takes her place beside Zilias, standing closely near him, as she

casts a small, joyous glance in his direction.

Eliron weaves the light around an amethyst until it vanishes dramatically from sight.

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament smiles and says, "We shall begin."

Keeper Zilias Ysav'rai, Proselyte of the Wolf smiles back in your direction before turning his gaze

to Eliron.

Iriki, an immaculate black leopard turns his golden gaze to Eliron.

A ring of stones within a natural clearing.
A fierce rainstorm rages in the skies above with full force. Tall monoliths of stone ring the centre of the clearing, towering over the tops of trees circling protectively about the oddly well kempt glade, and topped tracks of stone. Lavender coloured petals cover the ground in the ring's interior, having fallen from the thorny bush within the centre. Effervescent laughter swells through the air, filling it with a haunting melody that echoes from the wall of trees and lies concealed deep within their protective grasp. Covered in a layer of crawling shadows, a nightshade bush is here suffused with the power of the Wyrd. A mature rowan tree stands proudly here. Shadow, the wolf stands here, attentive to his surroundings. Gnawing on the leather bit of her reins, a shaggy, irritable war goat with iridescent butterfly-wings waits here. Eddies of luminous blue snow swirl around the graceful form of a headstrong snow phoenix with wings of black ice. Iriki, an immaculate black leopard lingers here within the shadows. A leopard lurks in the shadows, curiously watching anything that moves. An exotic king cheetah is poised here, watching his surroundings with keen interest. A dark gemstone alter with a shallow amethyst bowl resting on it. In the shape of an open palm, a metallic sigil lies here. Cold lavender eyes gazing about her, a haughty slaugh stands here with an arrogant smirk on her face. Elder Druid Samyaza Ysav'rai, Walker of the Dreaming is here. He wields a mystic cudgel in his left hand. Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Shaper of Systems towers here. He wields a beryl domothean scalpel in his left hand. A frost-touched savage waits here, garbed in black wolf pelts and emanating a deathly chill. Clad in matte black leather, a golden-eyed savage lingers here like a living shadow. Clad in matte black leather, a golden-eyed savage lingers here like a living shadow. Aeromage Arsalil is here, surrounded by clouds. She wields a steely falconine escutcheon shield in her left hand and a delicate crystal staff in her right. Spinner Vumiri, the Enigma of Twilight is here. He wields an athame dagger in his left hand. Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament stands here, the air around him filled with an ominous ticking noise. He wields a jewelled viola of the setting sun in his left hand and a shadowfae tower shield in his right. He is surrounded by one reflection of himself.
You see exits leading northeast, east, west, and northwest.

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament stands beside the altar and looks out across the company gathered before turning to you and Zilias, his gold eyes shining with warmth as he looks at them.

Voice carrying across the clearing, Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament says, "Iorwen, Zilias. You stand before us now as two individuals, two accomplished servants of the Glomdoring."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament says, "Yet any servant alone is like the first firefly that rises in the dusk--the first star seen as the sun sets."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament reaches out and passes his hand beneath a lone, lingering firefly, barely visible in the light, the movement sending the creature a little higher on the rush of air.

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament says, "Lovely, yet it is only a hint of what is to come, for it is only when the first star is joined by its kin is the true beauty of Mother Night revealed."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament says, "So it is with the Glomdoring. One alone may serve, yet only when we are united do we reach our full potential."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament says, "Iorwen, Zilias. You stand before us now as two individuals. Do you seek to bind yourselves together, not into one, but into two united, sworn to the same purpose and to the support of each other for the glory of the Glomdoring?"

You have emoted: Iorwen Shee-Slaugh takes a slow step forward, before lightly placing a small seed within the amethyst bowl, and then withdrawing again to stand beside Zilias once more, giving a nod to Eliron as she does so.

Keeper Zilias Ysav'rai, Proselyte of the Wolf kneels down, scooping up a handful of dirt. Raising his hand over the seed, he drops the dirt to cover the seed, slowly standing to join you again.

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament nods at Zilias, accepting his response.

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament pulls an amethyst dagger from within his robes, the edge gleaming wickedly.

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament says, "Such unity--and the sacrifices and growth inherent in it--is the lifeblood of the Glomdoring, and so shall it be the lifeblood of the bond between the two of you."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament holds out his hand for your.

You have emoted: Iorwen Shee-Slaugh lightly grips Eliron's hand within her own, as he reaches outwards.

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament holds your hand over the bowl, palm up, and runs the dagger along your palm, drawing blood. "Willingly chosen," he says, "this bond shall withstand all doubts and troubles from within, for in each other you shall find faith and purpose." He turns your hand over, letting the blood spill onto the earth in the bowl.

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament releases your hand and gestures to Zilias.

Keeper Zilias Ysav'rai, Proselyte of the Wolf extends his hand, taking hold of Eliron's hand as he stares intently at Eliron.

You have emoted: Iorwen Shee-Slaugh gently cradles her hand near her chest when Eliron releases it, but does not otherwise show any sign of pain.

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament holds Zilias's hand over the bowl and runs the dagger along his palm. "Willingly chosen, this bond shall withstand all temptations and trials from without, for in each other you shall find surety and strength." He turns Zilias's hand over, letting his blood fall into the bowl on your.

You have emoted: Iorwen offers her hand once more, after a brief moment, holding it out over the amethyst bowl.

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament takes you and Zilias's hands and presses them together, palm to palm. Beneath them, the wyrden earth in the bowl stirs as, watered by their joint blood, the seed sprouts. The orchid grows swiftly, its long stem graced by opening buds that show glistening white petals brushed with crimson that darkens to a deep purple at their center.

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament weaves the strong stem of the growing blooms around your and Zilias's joined hands so that it coils around them, holding them together even as the flowers fully open.

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament says, "Iorwen, speak now your vow to Zilias, that you may bind yourself to him as his wife."

Her violet eyes focusing upon him, you say to Zilias, "Zilias, there are no words to accurately describe or convey the true depth of my love for you. You are my friend, my confidant, and my equal in all things, you are the other half to my being."

Her voice soft, yet equally serious, you say to Zilias, "I know that our roads have been long, and filled with many deviating twists and turns. Yet, these roads have led to each other, and in your company, I have found a new beginning. I now have a chance to experience true happiness, beyond the call of duty and service, simply because you are with me."

As a soft smile crosses her lips, you say to Zilias, "We have a bond, you and I, one forged in trust, understanding, and dedication. And it is on this day, that I formally vow that I will nurture the bonds that tie us together, from now until the end of my days--I vow to love, support, and respect you, in both word and deed. You and I will be as one, united."

As the tenebrous embrace of Mother Night envelops the Wydyr Glade, small fireflies cast their bewitching glow throughout the wyrden forest.

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament glances at the rising dance of fireflies and smiles softly.

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament says, "Zilias, speak now your vow to Iorwen, that you may bind yourself to her as her husband."

Turning to face her as he gazes softly into her violet eyes, Keeper Zilias Ysav'rai, Proselyte of the Wolf says to you, "As our hands are bound by this orchid, and our blood, so to is my loyalty to you, the Shee-Slaugh and the Glomdoring."

Smiling happily as a tear forms in his eye, Keeper Zilias Ysav'rai, Proselyte of the Wolf says to you, "From this point on, I will honour you in everything that I do. In turn, honouring both the Slaugh and the Glomdoring. I will stand by you, support you, and love you, from this point forward and always."

Regaining composure and staring intently at her, Keeper Zilias Ysav'rai, Proselyte of the Wolf says to you, "Every action, and every word I speak will first consider this promise. Never will I stray from this, for as your blood courses through my veins, I take on all the responsibilities that come with it. For I am yours, and you are mine, in life and in death. From these words I will never stray."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament looks between you and Zilias, then places his hands over theirs and sings a single low note, the sound echoing throughout the glade as shadows seem to dance with it. The colors of the orchid flash brighter for a minute, then both bloom and earth turn to shadows that sink deep into the skin of you and Zilias, leaving only the bowl and alter behind.

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament holds up you and Zilias's clasped hands. "So you have vowed, here in the land of your foremothers, blessed by the strength of the Wyrd and consecrated with your own blood, and so you are joined!"

You have emoted: Iorwen Shee-Slaugh turns fully to Zilias after Eliron pronounces herself and her new husband joined together in matrimony, a look of love and happiness reflected within her eyes.-

Eliron gives up a round of applause.

Iriki, an immaculate black leopard looks intently at Iorwen and Zilias, then inclines his great head. "Congratulations," he offers.

Keeper Zilias Shee-Slaugh, Proselyte of the Wolf turns to you, a happy smile upon his face. Gently he leans in to place a soft kiss on your lips.

You smile and say to Iriki, an immaculate black leopard, "Thank you."

Keeper Zilias Shee-Slaugh, Proselyte of the Wolf says to Iriki, an immaculate black leopard,

"Thank you, Iriki."

Druidess Aerdiya Stormcrow smiles as she watches the scene, her green eyes first turning to you and then to Zilias, curtseying slightly as she speaks, "Congratulations, mother and Keeper.

Zilias nods his head at Aerdiya.

Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Shaper of Systems says, "Congratulations, to you both."

Aeromage Arsalil says, "I wish both of you well in your marriage."

Elder Druid Samyaza Ysav'rai, Walker of the Dreaming says, "Congratulations to both of you. Serve well."

Spinner Vumiri, the Enigma of Twilight says, "I am quite happy for the both of you, and know you will only bring joy and strength into one another's lives.. May your marriage and service to one another

and the Glomdoring be everlasting."

Lord Eliron Shee-Slaugh, Maestro of the Lament smiles and says to Zilias, "Welcome to the family."

Comments