Absence Thread

Comments

• Not an actual absence, but I'm going to be around a lot less for a bit. The stress from both the game and real life is getting to me heavily, and I'm at the point where I've been getting physically ill and crying for the last 12-18 or so hours because of all of it, am losing sleep, and almost got into a car accident earlier because I couldn't focus on the road. I'll still be around, but... Probably not anywhere near as much as the 12 hours I've been logging a day recently.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Been there recently myself. There's no shame in stepping back when the game starts to make you emotionally miserable.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I have to keep up my offerings!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Drocilla said:
    Grandmother broke her femur because at 89 she's too good to walk around at night with the light on. Surgery is still in the air, labs pending. Might be slow and plain gone on some days. 
    Your gran sounds tough. Mine did the same and she was beating the doctors over the head with her cane when they wouldn't let her go home after a week.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Celina said:
    Guys, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES. Personal health is always more important than Lusty, don't let it get to the point where you HAVE to take a break or lose your mind. Absolutely nothing in this game is worth your well being!
    -hug @Celina-

See, it is possible to hug Celina and survive.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Beginning on Tuesday, I will be travelling Spain with my brother for 3.5ish weeks and will be rather sparse (well...more than the norm) during that time frame. Stay strong, My Instruments. But, as a counterpoint to that...this.
  • I am effected by the recent hurricane. Luckily our building was not damaged. A few homes weren't so lucky but overall everyone is relatively ok. I do not have power... writing this from my phone as I just added data to get in touch. We may not have power until Wednesday or beyond but we're 100% ok. Spent my birthday without power but ah well!

We have lost freezer stuff but got the rest of it to the freezer at my work which is on a generator.
  • Update. We now should have power Tuesday night all going well.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Hi. Popping in to say I'm back. Designs that are pending on cartels will be submitted!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I finally, finally gather my courage and resolve and run for a guild leadership position, win it, and then real life BLOWS UP. *sobs* I'm so, so, so, so sorry I've been pretty much nonexistent since winning.

On the bright side, the blowing up is mostly the really stressful short term but will have good results in the longer term, so... yay? I think? and things should be settling down soonish. Should.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Yesterday, I visited my sister and her brand new baby, and this weekend, I'm guest preaching out of town, so while I do have some time to log in and take care of things, I'm not really "actively" present until I get all the way home on Monday.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Petition to descend Tacita @Svorai!

(Have a great time!)

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I'm just catching up on work. Haven't been logged in for a few days, and I know there are messages pending. Sorry about that, will be back onto it in about a day.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Likely going to be scarce for a few weeks.  Not that I'm important enough for anyone to note the fact.
  • Will be MIA for a few days. Family emergency. Eight hours overnight... boyfriend driving but neither of us have slept. Likely some time spent at the hospital.
  • And still not really here yet. Once I get some sleep, I should be!

Between work and a crazy allergic reaction to who-knows-what that's hampered all my efforts this week, I've just had no time. ;_; But tomorrow is a day off. So woo.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I've been scarcer than usual, and will continue to be so until this weekend: My parents are staying with me until then, and we're keeping pretty busy doing touristy stuff around town!
  • Returning home today.
    edited July 2014
    I love my parents, but I'm so ready for them to leave already. I just don't have the energy to do anything while they're here, it's so bluh.
  • I know the feeling.
  • I will be grocery shopping today, so I may not be around for a couple hours. Should be back later though.
    Whew, my parents left, though my grandparents are still here for a week or two. I'll be easing back in, I've got a backlog of stuff to catch up on.
  • I'll be gone for several days up to a week.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Life has happened once again and I am spiralling downward. My life is in need of some serious changes.

Sorry if I'm not keeping up with commitments. 
  • Had some minor sinus surgery last week to help cut down on my tendency to be ill all the damn time (yaaaay) but it's taking longer to recover than expected (boooo). That's why I've been scarce the last week and I'll probably be scarce for a few more days until things get sorted.
  • edited July 2014
    I'm not really absent but I'm technically on fabulous holidays, sightseeing and travelling till 20th August so my online time is seriously limited and I'm confined to a tablet. Please be patient, I'll be replying to things, just with delays.