What are you playing?

Comments

• Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. I thought about rolling my usual thief, but decided instead to try out one of the new class specializations. Kensai isn't too bad, I guess. I'm not really impressed with it, though.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Blackguard is amazing fun.

The problem with BG:EE is it's still overtuned, unlike the second one which has decent scaling (and actually buffed the Dragon fights.) While the story telling elements are still top notch, it's really a game for tacticians and munchkins as far as combat goes.

The new NPCs are pretty awesome though.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Civilization V Brave New World. Keep trying to go for peaceful victories, but it's so *hard* when the AI are all backstabbing stupid evil jerkish traitorous jackasses. So after the third fool tries to bully the city states under my protection, I just whip out my superior technology and reduce them and their cities to a smoldering pile of rubble.

And I'm not playing it yet but... I will be getting Smash Bros when it comes out.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Playing through Ether One. I love storylines that tie into psychology, even if entirely fictional. The idea of playing a memory restorer is just great. Kinda reminded of the story of To The Moon. I bawled like a baby at the end of that one. Wonder if this game is gonna hit me in the feels too. For now I'm enjoying the puzzles and exploration.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Most recently I started playing an emulator of FF3(aka 6). Because... there might be one or two things I haven't done in it yet. 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    6 is still the best in the series, I picked up the Android port last year, and I'm still playing it now.

I just wish Nintendo would convert it to the 3DS with the same love and awesomeness the IV port got on the DS.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited July 2014
    RuneScape is addictive and I don't know why.
    Naruto Arena's awesome and I don't know why.

Anyone else playing?
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Nakarel said:
    RuneScape is addictive and I don't know why.
    Naruto Arena's awesome and I don't know why.

Anyone else playing?
    I used to, then I forgot my Runescape password and I got bored of Naruto Arena after a time.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I play the bleach version sometimes, when I'm doing something else that doesn't require much attention.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Been trying to replay Dragon Age... 30 minutes at a time (I.e. my playtime in evenings of late)... it's a painfully slow progress, especially considering I'm a bit OCD about completing ALL the quests and exploring every nook and cranny of every territory. So far my most-liked class is still DW Rogue, although I was hoping to give archer rogue another go next.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited July 2014
    Elanorwen said:
    Been trying to replay Dragon Age... 30 minutes at a time (I.e. my playtime in evenings of late)... it's a painfully slow progress, especially considering I'm a bit OCD about completing ALL the quests and exploring every nook and cranny of every territory. So far my most-liked class is still DW Rogue, although I was hoping to give archer rogue another go next.

I love the city elf rogue plotline, but I always wind up going mage. I am woefully bad at the DA:O combat system, but mage is so user friendly that I get to decimate foes as I please, OP skills aw yiss.

(It always disappoints me I can't be Morrigan's lesbian lover, but being the forbidden mage mistress to the King is also acceptable.)
    Grease to fireball, and frostbolt to force prison are the best mage combines.

Mages are pretty much the crazy scaling class, melee requires so much micro management.. though two handed warriors can get really nasty when the weapons turn up.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Dw rogue puts out the deeps though. While warriors might get big numbers, in the time the one hundred damage hit happened, I just attacked six times for 40 damage apiece. That may be slight exaggeration, but momentum is op.
  • I enjoyed being a city elf rogue in Dragon Age: Origins, but nothing has been more satisfying for me lately than two-handed warriors - in any game. I was one in Dragon Age 2 and will most likely be one again in Inquisition.
    Isune said:
    Elanorwen said:

I love the city elf rogue plotline, but I always wind up going mage. I am woefully bad at the DA:O combat system, but mage is so user friendly that I get to decimate foes as I please, OP skills aw yiss.

(It always disappoints me I can't be Morrigan's lesbian lover, but being the forbidden mage mistress to the King is also acceptable.)
    And here I thought only I wanted lesbian Morrigan. :D Anyway, mage is the easy point and click, but if you want to murder everything, it's the DW rogue and go crazy with momentum + backstabs. I was running one with weapons from Return to Ostagar (i.e. Duncan's sword and dagger combo) and was hitting for 60+ every .5 seconds or so. Granted, creatures with knockback (especially dragons) will beat you up. Ranged wins those fights. Be it archers or mages.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    edited July 2014
    Tarkenton said:
    Dw rogue puts out the deeps though. While warriors might get big numbers, in the time the one hundred damage hit happened, I just attacked six times for 40 damage apiece. That may be slight exaggeration, but momentum is op.
    Oh indeed, the problem is purely micromanagement is a pain in the arse. Get your positioning wrong on harder difficulties and rogues have this tendancy to get cleaved up by various AoE effects.

That said, harder difficulties make playing the awesome 'ZerkerReaver warriors difficult. They're the ultimate kings of the melee instagib.

Playing 1h+shield warrior (IE taking Alistair's job) can get a bit silly when you're stunlocking targets.

Went back and modded the hell out of Fallout New Vegas again.

There's nothing like the joys of a well done bounty hunter mod.

So, in that vein of thought, anyone feel like posting their list of must have mods for the various Bethesda games?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'm mad I didn't pick up New Vegas when it was so cheap. I have it for PS3 and I've reached the point where you can't play more than 5 minutes without lagging out. I'd love to try it on a nice gaming PC (which I'll have someday) with some killer mods.  :(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    edited July 2014
    Tarkenton said:
    So, in that vein of thought, anyone feel like posting their list of must have mods for the various Bethesda games?
    A Dance With Rogues (both parts) is an absolute must have for Neverwinter Nights. I'd go as far as to say that it is probably better than the original NWN campaign. Of course, you need to be quite aware that it is a bit smutty and can only be played with a female character before going into it.

EDIT: And yes, I realize NWN isn't a Bethesda game, but Bioware does have its fair share of moddable games, too.

Not a Bethesda game, but for anyone playing X-Com EU/EW, get The Long War.

Karlach said:
    Not a Bethesda game, but for anyone playing X-Com EU/EW, get The Long War.
    Oh? Do elaborate. I haven't played much of X-Com since I finished up an EW play-through (and was quite annoyed at how ridiculously strong those humans were in comparison to my soldiers)

The Long War is an extended campaign, more items, and fights you will lose. It's designed to be hard, not impossible but if you lose council seats it's not a failure on your part.

The trick is knowing what fights you can win, and which you can't. It has an exhaustion mechanic so you can't just raise a squad of 6 super soldiers and ignore everyone else, Aliens fight dirty (sup giant UFO early in the game) and various other mechanics are balanced (Arc throwers are no longer a 100% success rate)

However the only way to lose is losing all 16 council seats, base invasion failure is not an automatic game loss.

It's a more realistic approach to the world getting nuked by an Alien invasion, you will have losses, you will have setbacks, and the aliens don't necessarily start with their weakest frontline squaddies. Tactics are key, going gungho and out tech-ing your opponents isn't going to fly anymore.

• Karlach said:
    HotS alpha key get!

They opened up European invites this week and my god the addiction...
    I got one as well! :) 
  • I've been playing stuff mostly offline since my Internet access has been put in a chokehold lately. Primarily, I've been playing as a greedy Space Jew merchant in the game X3: Terran Conflict. Lawks, my cargo ships are so cool-looking, and through aggressive military negotiation I've cornered the Energy Cell market in Boron space. BUY MY INFLATED ENERGY CELLS, FISHIES.

Here's two of my cargo ships, and behind the ship in the 2nd picture you can see my mega solar power plant.

imageAnd when I'm not being a galactic mob boss, I'm doing the opposite by playing Liberal Crime Squad. 

Screenshots feel obligatory at this point, so:

The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Elanorwen said:
    Hey I'm doing an archer rogue right now on DAO, I'm completing a new timeline in preparation for Inquisition.

Hint: In DA:O and DA:A, upgrade your mages to give them Haste. You can thank me later, the bonuses stack, and you can run around doing everything super quick.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    I've had a lot of success in the hardest difficulty in dao running tank Shale, a 2h warrior (currently Oghren), my dw rogue and Morrigan with a few healing spells. Next play through, I think I'll try running an arcane warrior, or a 2her.
  • A friend just introduced me to Velvet Sundown, a free game in beta on Steam. It's basically Mafia: you're a passenger on a cruise ship who works for one of two rival oil companies, or you're a free agent, and you have a certain objective to complete in the time given. You roleplay your way through the session. It's pretty fun! Of course, it's still in beta, so there are some glitches, and not everybody you play with actually stays in-character. But overall it's unique and fun in small doses.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Finished wolf among us earlier today, I love a good noir story so I really enjoyed it.  Might start season two of the walking dead game next. Taletale really hit their stride in these games. To be honest it's more an interactive story than a game, but they're pretty great.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.