Family Honour Gain for hunting/influencing

edited December 2012 in Q&A
First question: How does gaining family honor work with influencing/hunting? Been influencing a fair while, not seen any changes, don't know how it works? 

Or do I need to become head of the house and set us as a family type before we can gain anything? We've only just gotten to minor house.

(Eventru edit: Moving this into Q&A and retitling the thread!)

Best Answer

Answers

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You get a tick for killing or influencing.  This is based on the level of the mobs being killed / influenced.

You don't need to be a family type; all that the family type does is adjust up or down how much value each honour tick can give by a percentage.

The higher the family's honour, the less you get per tick, as well.
  • Xenthos said:
    You get a tick for killing or influencing.  This is based on the level of the mobs being killed / influenced.

You don't need to be a family type; all that the family type does is adjust up or down how much value each honour tick can give by a percentage.

The higher the family's honour, the less you get per tick, as well.
    Ok, so when is it added? I've now influenced about fifty things and there's no difference, I had thought it would be immediate.
  • I think this is the third "simple questions" thread, heh. All the others have "failed" because there's a new "Ask a question" discussion type that marks it as a question, and you can then go in and mark a response (or several) as the answer.
    Once you reach a certain threshold (based on mob-levels) the tick appears in the log.

For example:
    2012/12/29 05:41:30 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Xenthos's convincing nature is well known throughout the lands.
    2012/12/29 07:58:09 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Xenthos's convincing nature is well known throughout the lands.
    2012/12/29 17:09:11 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Xenthos's convincing nature is well known throughout the lands.
    2012/12/29 19:09:48 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Xenthos's convincing nature is well known throughout the lands.
    2012/12/29 19:20:17 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Xenthos's ruthless hunting is well known throughout the lands.
    2012/12/29 20:41:41 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Xenthos's convincing nature is well known throughout the lands.

• As a general rule, I think it's better to post (even simple questions!) in the Q&A subforum. That way they can be more easily browsed by those who come after, versus searching what might become a really big thread. In the same vein, I'm going to go ahead and change the thread's title and move it in there.
    And it allows for much better use of the Question and Answer flags.  Hooray for the flags!