Shopkeeping oddities

DaraiusDaraius ShevatThe juror's taco spot
So when I drop things in the stockroom in my prime shop, they're unpriced and I have to go through and put everything in bins and price them. But when I drop things in the stockroom in the manse shop, if they've been sold before, they automatically go to their previous bin and price point.

Is this just a feature of manse shops, or an artifact at work, or am I just doing something wrong at the prime shop? I'd love it if all my cups and bottles would sort themselves.
I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

Best Answers

Answers

• For me, it always retains its price/bin if it's been for sale before, whether or not it's a manse shop or a prime shop, as long as that specific object has been priced/binned before. Hmm...
  • Minor correction: Once sold, they are cleared of price/bin, but not if just picked up.
  • I pick up a keg of stuff, bring it to alembic to refill, drop it again and it retains it's price. In my prime shop. Not sure if that's what you mean
  • new items should never be auto prices for you. but if it is an item that was previously priced, as said before like a keg, no matter what shop it gets dropped in later it will retain the price and bin it was previously priced at. Things put into a shops rift is a bit different. even if it sells out, that price seems to be stored, soon as you stock more of that item it will auto price back to what you previously had it.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Could it be that sorcelglass items work differently?

Well no, because when I moved some bottles from one shop to the other for storage, they still showed up. Hm. I just need to do some more controlled experiments. Thanks for the input so far.
    I used to make cakes.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Is it a sorcelglass scroll or a vial that has been applied a scroll on?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

They're all premade teacups and bottles. There's a finite number of designs I use, and I usually add more of each before they sell out, but I'm pretty sure they don't show up in WARES unless I go through and price them again.

I could definitely be wrong, though. I'll play around with it this evening. :)
    I used to make cakes.

edited June 2014
    "The shop attendant smiles warmly, showing that you are especially welcome."

I guess this line has something to do with the shop policies you set for certain groups, but is there any other way to change it? I don't want my shop attendant smiling so damn much.

Also, is there a way to get an actual shop attendant?

I used to make cakes.

Say I get a shopkeeping manse dweller and station him out in the world. Does he have the same shop policies as my manse shop?
    I used to make cakes.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Daraius said:
    Say I get a shopkeeping manse dweller and station him out in the world. Does he have the same shop policies as my manse shop?
    He should.  It is intended to be an extension of your shop.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Make sure you approach your lovable chancellor about rules pertaining to shop dwellers roaming the city >.>
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Don't worry, my plan won't work as envisioned.
    I used to make cakes.