Artifact Ideas

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited December 2012
    Or just into an actual clover that can be consumed as needed (Just like the credits, dingbats, and lessons you get from the wheel), like the original lucky clover! Those at least could be sold to other players to provide some value for people who don't bash.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I'm not abusing the wheel. I just got coins with my curios. The thing is, it's completely useless to me, because I don't hunt. If they were actual clover leaves, at least I could give them away to someone that can get use out of them, like I do with ikons.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited December 2012
    Maybe you could just use the increased criticals as inspiration to hunt :?

Plus, your 'influence booster' is already covered by the ikons you can amass with relatively little work!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited December 2012
    Would it be a bad idea to just make clovers that can't be traded in for credits? It seems like it would appease both sides. Or better yet, replace with that with kiwi punch as a prize.
  • edited December 2012

A Blackened Heart: chance to resist lust and or reduce the eq for reject.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited December 2012
    Let's do this! Version 6:

Kiakodan Pollen - when held in the inventory, anyone who says the user's name will make the user sneeze. If you want this to be even more fun, allow it to work off tells and channels as well.

Crumkane's cookie - a cookie that you can eat over and over and over for some sustenance. Usable twice per game day.

A beacon of ice - generates one ice larva in the the user's room once per IC year.

A time contraption - allows you to set your age once, contraption gets destroyed afterwards

A book of regional dialects - allows you to give your says an accent or voice. Ex: Shuyin says in a whiny voice, "Nerf" - subject to admin review/approval.

Mark of racial superiority - allows you to change your perceived race to any of the spec-specific adjectives without actually changing your stats - ex: Shuyin the kephera can choose to be displayed as a royal kephera without zenobia being up, etc.

A gnomish hose - fills a room with actual water, making you need to SWIM to get in/out.

A heavenly drill - allows you to temporarily change indoor rooms to outdoors for a few seconds, allowing you to fly/etc.

A fierce ring of death - allows a player to challenge another player to a game of rock-paper-scissors.

Mechanical crank - keeps musicboxes playing until you STOP CRANK, then they'll run their timer down naturally. Maybe have it work for pocketwatches too, but not a big deal. 

Balloon rune. - heavily reduces your summon resistance when worn. Opposite of mass rune.

Minimap - catacombs map for the user only, doesn't take entourages (player, etc), stopped by distort.

Scorpion's Tail - with this item in your inventory, lets you envenom your weapons with any existing poison.

Boots of Shanth - Increased movement beyond that that of the winged sandals of haste (+2), basically an upgrade of the sandals. I'd be pretty happy if there was a tier even higher than that.

Stretched skin - adds +100 tattoo weight to a body part. If you want to gouge people, make one for every body part.

Divine feast - add 40 demi weight, upgrade of manna.

Mark of the stars - bestows a random astrology sphere on you once per IC day, weighted to be beneficial.

Shroud of Atropos - Hides the user's kills from deathsense.

Dimensional Key - allows you to send portals (like in Veneration) to another player, stopped by everything that stops portals. Entering a portal while a monolith is dropped will prevent successful entry as well.

Vanity Mirror - allows the user to generate 1 reflection of himself, like the Beastmastery/Glamours ability.

Bolas - when wielded, allows you to throw them at a target, entangling them. Can be done directionally as well.

Ikonchest - generates 1-2 random ikons inside every IC month.

Curiochest - same as above, only curios.

Roidoru reagent - speeds up beast balance.

Class Arties:

Night's cauldron: replaces a SD's cauldron, generate shadows every IC day, up to 200

Pound of flesh - generates a specific flesh once per IC day, syntax is WEIGH (flesh)

Gem mine - same as the flesh, only for charged gems

A card of the fates - a blank tarot card that allows you to inscribe any tarot card on it once every IC year, acts like an infinite version of the card inscribed

Mote of the fates - same as above, only for motes

Rune of the fates - same as above, only for runes

Covenleader's Badge - if you're the leader of the coven, reduces the number of members required for rituals by 1.

Blessing of the Forest - if you're appointed the caretaker of a totem, all your totems last significantly longer before reverting.

Stealth Brace - generates darts for blowguns every IC day.

Holy Altar - generates 1-2 holy globes every IC month.

Blah blah water chemical thing - generates mist reagents every IC day.

Edit: I am seriously running out of ideas :(

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I am surprised at Shuyin being the first to post. Really.

If we're adding class resource generating arties, one to generate mist reagents plox.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Okay fine, but I am definitely running out of things to suggest that aren't sweet potentially imbalancing combat arties.

• Rune of Duplication: Creates a mirror image of a keg or cube (the mirror image would also be able to be cube/kegtapped). Would allow you to place the same keg in more places than one. Several mirror images of the same keg or cube would be able to be created. Whenever the mirror image have charges or sips used, the original has its contents subtracted instead, and all mirror images are updated.
  • Also: Knife of Totem Carving. Allow those non-druidic types to carve totems as well. Could extend it to also give half power cost to druids.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Xenthos said:
    1) The ability to get added to cartels for design access only; no access to the clan aether, news posts, ability to see who is in it, etc, simply design access.
     - It would be really preferable if this wasn't an artifact and available to everyone, but I've asked for it numerous times to no avail thus far.
     - Giving the clan head the ability to restrict certain designs so that these design-leeches can't see them would also be nice.
    2) A curio satchel.  You can stick all your curios in the satchel and activate / utilize them (including rubbing the enchanted ones), but they do not take up inventory clutter.  This way you can actually pull the things out if you want to show them off, instead of anchoring them back home.
    3) Revamp warrior runes as per my idea on the last forums; warriors will love you!

I had more floating around, but it is early and they do not wish to come to play at this point.  I'll post them when I re-think of them.

Xenthos said:
    An Ikon-generator; once per RL day you can pull an Ikon out of it.
    It also comes with the ability to tune it to a specific (non-Eternal!) set, meaning that you'll always get an Ikon from that set (but the ikon drawn remains random).

1 ikon every 24 hours isn't going to throw things off; can generate more than that pretty readily in other ways.

Possible addition:
    * Further comes with a low (2-5%?) chance of drawing a random Eternal ikon, since it is an artifact after all, regardless of how it is tuned.

Xenthos said:
    Quest curio companion; whenever you earn a quest curio, a second one is automatically generated from the same collection!

Xenthos said:
    A skillflex enhancement artifact: raises the number of skillflex points per day from 50 to 100.

Something that I would really love would be an artifact boomerang.

Let's say I loan out my bubblixes to people; I give my icicle to Sojiro, my cookie to Ankastra, and my screwdriver to Lyora.

Now, let's say that I need to get to Crumkindivia; the only way I can currently retrieve my artifact is to send Ankastra tells until she comes back and gives it to me, in which case I would have to go and bring her back there while I take myself.

If I could just BOOMERANG ARTIFACT# to nab back my artifact, I can zip up there, do whatever I need to, and give it back to her.

Note that this wouldn't adjust the reset time on the artifacts (so it doesn't let you loan your artifacts out for longer, it simply lets you call your artifact back when you need it.

Another example would be an aetherwhistle.  I can loan it out, and call it back if I need it before it resets.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited December 2012
    Absolutely adore the concept of Scorpion's Tail.

Edit: I assume people will be able to buy multiple beacons of Ice?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Ssaliss said:
    Also: Knife of Totem Carving. Allow those non-druidic types to carve totems as well. Could extend it to also give half power cost to druids.
    I'd rather you just became a druid.

I know some people want this, but carving is a special (arduous, annoying, exclusive, whatever) part of what being a druid is about. Perhaps I'm the only one who thinks that. *shrug*

But, druid artifacts:

Tear of the Forest: Allows druids to sense what day totems are going to revert. Only shows those that are going to revert within a 25-day period. (Like AUDIT, but days, not months).

Kiakoda's Touch: Allows druids to maintain a lesser bond with five extra totems, which prevents them from reverting. They can only bear three runes instead of six. They show up on TOTEM SENSE. Renewed the same way as bonded totems.
  • Sleep Bubble - By wearing this bubble on your head, you can sleep for as long as you want.

Magic Earphones - By wearing these earphones, you can hear everything that is said on a channel of your choice, no matter how far you are.

Gnomish Tattooing Goggles - By wearing these goggles, you can see what tattoos a person has even through clothing!

Pipe Bandolier - You can contain up to 5 pipes in this bandolier, increasing the amount of uses per pipe up to 20. If you have artifact pipes, each pipe can contain 30 uses!

Gnomish Lead Boots - By wearing these boots, you will automatically sink to the lowest level in the room. But you can't be pushed around by waves when used in the ocean.

Gnomish Squad Badge - By Wearing this badge of passing the gnomish squad test, you will be able to share the experience gained within a squad around an area of one additional room around you.

Amulet of shifting loyalties - By wearing this amulet, you can use any organisational emote

Magic Breadcrumbs - By dropping these breadcrumbs on a path, you can light up the way to different places for allies and friends.

Mask of shifting faces - Allows you the power to use Glamour on yourself. If you already have the skill, makes the illusion stronger, or cast no power.

I would like an artifact that allows you to pre-pay stable fees for double the current maximum, and/or double the capacity of a beast's feedbag. Sort of random, but a 10/10 would buy for me!

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Sakr said:

Gnomish Lead Boots - By wearing these boots, you will automatically sink to the lowest level in the room. But you can't be pushed around by waves when used in the ocean.

Amulet of shifting loyalties - By wearing this amulet, you can use any organisational emote

These two, please no. Automatic dropping out of trees, to ground elevation? Eek. And the second: Organizational emotes are often tied deeply in with the 'power' of a guild. No random Gloms doing INVOKEHART, please.
    edited January 2013
    More, slightly (totally) combat related:

Flag of the 2nd Circle  - grants the owner the "standardbearer" ability in Knighthood

An Illusory Prop - grants the owner the ability to cast programmed illusions in a room.

Snoefaasian Amulet - grants the owner the ability to freeze ground, put up icewalls, and call forth a blizzard effect similar to the snoefaasia fae. The latter is usable once every IC month.

Cape of the Inferno - grants the wearer a 20% chance to burn away the next entanglement that hits them. Only works for entangles that you can invoke summer/tipheret on.

An Aetherial Hook - allows you to pull an adventurer from a room adjacent to your own. Stopped by shield, summon resistance, blocking, and walls.

Vernal Helm - reduces the effect of stun and blackout on the wearer.

Beastmaster's Whip - lash it to a loyal entity (tracking dog, flesh, fae, demons, angels, etc) and you will be able to summon it at no cost (power, area, room, etc reqs) except for balance/equilibrium once every IC day.
    Did you seriously just ask for a chainyank artifact?
    edited January 2013
    No, because my chainyank artifact is actually reasonably stoppable.

Bazinga.

Just asking for a way for all classes to get some sort of pull move. In fact, you can even add more restrictions if preferred.
  • The Gnome Dome: A half-sphere (whole sphere while flying/swimming?) of protection that will protect you from the effects of weather. Its solar-charged battery only lasts 15 minutes and requires a day to recharge.
    edited January 2013
    Skye said:
    The Gnome Dome: A half-sphere (whole sphere while flying/swimming?) of protection that will protect you from the effects of weather. Its solar-charged battery only lasts 15 minutes and requires a day to recharge.
    Liking this for the proposed effect, loving it for the name.

-

• Docking Bay Module: Allows a ship to itself become a docking point for other ships. Essentially it's a ramhead, but for willing parties. It could even go as far as to allow inter-ship empathing, etc.
    That would be nice.  Docked ships would be strewn into aetherspace upon implosion of the parent ship, hull size would have to be 1/10th (or less) of the ship being docked to.

Then you could have true escape pods!
  • Bottle of Clarramore's Worst: fills with a random botched perfume every month. It can be sprayed upon yourself or others. Each perfume impedes the type of influence battle it is meant to improve, and also provides a skunk effect.
    Skye said:
    Bottle of Clarramore's Worst: fills with a random botched perfume every month. It can be sprayed upon yourself or others. Each perfume impedes the type of influence battle it is meant to improve, and also provides a skunk effect.
    The only use for this is to grief influencers. :P  Let's not.
  • Or to combat all those pig noses. Unless there's already a way to do that.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Skye said:
    Or to combat all those pig noses. Unless there's already a way to do that.
    For communes yes.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"