Zythaar's Diary

Feel free to read and comment if you wish, but I am writing it for my own enjoyment. :)

Month 1 (August 3rd)

I've stepped through the portal...and I am so confused. I'm very lost. I don't know who I was or am...or becoming? This place is foreign to me, I feel so lost...thankfully the Fates helped me defeat my shadow. MY shadow! What a terrifying creature. Was he a part of me? Was he everything bad in me...or everything good? Or some of both? So many unanswered questions, and what do I get for it? More questions! Asked of me, though. Where do I live? What am I? What am I...does anyone really know the answer to that question? It's so much easier to describe what other people are than it is to choose my own fate. Do we choose our fate? Sometimes I see birds in the trees and I wonder why they remain here when they could go anywhere in the world...but after a moment, I ask myself the same thing.

After some thinking, I have decided to embark on the path of the Earth. A Geomancer! Of all the things, the earth seems stable..something I can anchor myself down to. I'm not really sure what a geomancer is or does yet, though. Magnagora shall be my new home. I'm kind of nervous, but eager to start making a name for myself, maybe I'll meet more like me!

I have spoken with a citymate, but It is a pity I can not recall the name...regardless, they welcomed me to Magnagora and for that I am thankful. These people are so much nicer than I thought! I have met @Reyl telepathically, she seems like a really helpful fellow! He's helped me learn about Geomancy, and Geochemantics. I've not heard of Geochemantics, but it does sound quite intriguing! @Reyl seemed to dislike it for vain reasons, I guess geochemancers look a little different? Since I've not found a mirror yet, I'm quite unsure of what I look like, so who cares if I look a little off pursuing a little known path? I have much to consider, I shall rest and ponder.

Geochemantics! Definitely. I will tread the less walked path in the hopes my footprints will not soon vanish. I have met @Vetala at the megalith of doom today. What a cute little furrikin! She was quite helpful and nice, too. She helped me get acquainted with the city, and bought me some nice clothes! I'm sure I look dashing now, I wonder if she would find it appropriate if I asked her if she'd like to spend some time together sometime? I could use a friend, and she seems so cheerful! How to say it is the real issue though...gah, focus Zythaar, focus.

I had a quite pleasant time with @Vetala earlier, but it is time to get some work done. It seems the college in the undercity has work for me to do, I don't remember enrolling but whoever did it for me was awfully nice! I should learn a lot, though!

I decided to start with the planes quest, thankfully I found some help! That was by far the hardest quest of the college, patrol duty was a nice job, the people were all very friendly and supportive of me doing some work. I wonder what they wrote on my report? Hopefully good things! I had to gather some spectres to create some weird necromantic drought and eventually get some spike...I don't yet understand this, but it seemed important! I have graduated the college now, with honours to boot! They must be in need of some competent folk around here if that's all I had to do. Hmm.

It's been a few days since I've written, but I have met @Munsia lately, and she has been very helpful! She showed me how to shop more efficiently, and instructed me in her geomantic techniques against a variety of creatures. I didn't participate, but I sure learned a lot! I have learned much in Elementalism, and Geochemantics! I am incredibly excited to use what I've learned and begin my body's augmentation.

(Running your hands over the iron, you slowly enhance the Earthen vibrations deep within the metal.

As it softens, you quickly smooth it into two rough sheets, folding these in on themselves in order

to form cylinders. Repeating the process with more lumps of iron, you split each cylinder into two

and cap them, imposing your will upon the metal to fuse the seams together. More iron is formed into

various nozzles, gauges, attachments and other additional tools, which you fit into place within and

on the newly formed tanks. Rising from your work, you swing the entire apparatus up and onto your

back, iron bands hooked over your shoulders. As you flex and stretch, the iron securely adheres

itself to your skin.)

My Irontanks were easy enough to create, I relish the cold iron against my skin. They are surprisingly light even after I've filled them with hundreds of reagents. I have much work to do, but I have the materials all in order to begin my augmentation.

(Moulding the iron bars into thick bolts, you expel ferrous fumes from a nozzle on your iron tanks

onto the metal. Carefully guiding the metal's reaction to empower your excorable force, you press

the bolts into the sides of your neck. Your flesh yields readily to the pressure of the metal, each

bolt quickly sinking into your neck until it is anchored against your spine. The metal warms beneath

your hands as it fuses to your bone and your flesh adheres to the earthen presence.)

Hmm, neck studs.  These weren't nearly as painful as I thought they would be, thankfully. I wasn't expecting my flesh to give way so easily, almost as if my body is eager for augmentation. Duly noted. Perhaps it is because I'm a creature of the taint? Or perhaps, this is only the beginning.

(Moulding the iron bars into long spikes, you expel ferrous fumes from a nozzle on your iron tanks

onto the metal. As the ferrous fumes wash over the iron, it grows rusted and jagged, bits flaking

off partially to form smaller teeth along the spikes. You drive the sharp bases of the spikes into

your elbows and knees, the metal anchoring itself deep within your joints. The metal warms beneath

your hands as it fuses to your bone and your flesh adheres to the earthen presence.)

Spikes! Ughh, these hurt a LOT. Flesh has been rended, bone has been broken, but I have never felt more alive, or intimidating. These should serve well as a powerful defense, but I need some practice using them.

(You expel chemical fumes from a nozzle on your iron tanks onto some iron bars, which dissolves to

fill up a massive syringe retrieved from the side of the tanks. Using a second nozzle, you expel

ferrous fumes onto the liquid metal, reinforcing it against divinus attack. Grasping the syringe

tightly, you slam it into your thigh, the needle coming to rest deep within your bone. Pressing down

on the plunger, you feel the liquid metal force itself into the bone, filling it and solidifying.

You shiver slightly at the exquisite feeling of the earth entering and becoming a part of you. You

then repeat the process until your skeleton has been fully reinforced with the metallic bone lacing.)

Reinforcing by bones was....indescribably unpleasant. I've never been fond of needles, and driving them into every bone on my body didn't help that either.  I do feel...stronger, though. I am incredibly exhausted this month, I fear I need rest soon, but I have a bit more work to do. Maybe this is why Geochemancy is so uncommon?

(You carefully manipulate the iron bars to construct a pair of hydraulic pumps. Expelling ferrous

fumes from a nozzle on your iron tanks, you reinforce the structure of the hydraulics. More iron

bars are dissolved into a dark, metallic liquid with a blast of chemical fumes, which you use to

fill the cylinders of the hydraulics. Driving the ends of the hydraulics into the back of your legs,

the metal comes to rest against your bone, fusing solidly to it in order to reinforce your

musculature. Bending your legs slightly, you test the hydraulics, easily propelled upward by them.)

(Reaching behind you, you open a nozzle on your iron tanks and expel ferrous fumes onto a set of iron

bars, forming them into a series of flat, rounded studs. Each of the studs is then exposed to a

concentrated blast of taint fumes expelled from your iron tanks, taking on a sickly green-rust

colour. You carefully apply each stud to your body, the metal melting into your flesh and fusing

itself to you.)

(Treating the iron bars with chemical fumes expelled from your iron tanks, you carefully construct

the steam optics, forming the iron into two grey-coloured spheres, each pocked with countless tiny

dimples formed by a final application of chemical fumes. You open a second nozzle, covering the

spheres with the expelled taint fumes, and watch carefully as the metal takes on a glittery, silver

sheen. Finally, you grit your teeth and turn your head to one side, opening a third aimed at your

eye, expelling toxic fumes which dissolve the eye and leave behind only a mushy jelly to drip slowly

down your face. Using the remains of your eye as a lubricant, you install the new silvered orb in

its place before repeating the process for the other eye.)

Finally! My work is complete, I have done all I know...for now. My hydraulic implants are working flawlessly! I can leap incredible distances with ease, and my sight has never been better. Illusions are easier to perceive, and I have a firmer grasp on reality. These studs were pleasantly painless as well, much like my neck studs, so that was a big relief. I felt no pain as I dissolved away the weak flesh of my eyes. I was a bit nervous about blasting away my eyes before I knew my new ones would work, but, thankfully I had nothing to fear. @Reyl and a friend of hers observed the final stages as well as the construction of my Magnum Blastwork. I am quite proud of my Magnum, and although it did not harm @Nayl much, it is indeed a fearsome weapon to behold! It was very nice to have a conversation and meet some new people before I needed to rest. All in all I think it was a very productive first month! I look forward to contonuing my progress.

Comments

• How wonderful :D I hope to read lots more!

• @Pectus You liked it? :D I've never written in first person before, and I took a nap halfway through lol it's poor work for me. I shall improve!
  • Also, sorry I forgot your name or you would have been mentioned. :(
  • Zythaar said:
    Also, sorry I forgot your name or you would have been mentioned. :(
    Oh pft. I mostly ignored you except to act haughty ;)

And I do like it! I always love seeing new and different perspectives of Magnagora.

• That was a great read! 

It's the ears I tell you.

• Vetala said:
    That was a great read! 

Hmm, it's definitely not the murderous weapon you call a tail. :( #Disappointed

• Zythaar said:

Vetala said:
    That was a great read! 

Ah, you asked for it though! Lucky it wasn't crotamine :)

• Vetala said:

Zythaar said:

Vetala said:
    That was a great read! 

Ah, you asked for it though! Lucky it wasn't crotamine :)
    Nooopers, you're lucky it wasn't crotamine. You'd feel guilty for killing a newbie! I know it.
  • Zythaar said:
    Nooopers, you're lucky it wasn't crotamine. You'd feel guilty for killing a newbie! I know it.
    Maybe just a little!

• Pectus said:
    Oh pft. I mostly ignored you except to act haughty ;)
    Don't worry, i'll grow on you.

Vetala said:
    Maybe just a little!
    Of course I would!* Fixed that for you. ;)
  • This. I like this.
  • Very nicely written, captivating and intriguing.
    The person that you're missing when you were testing your Magnum against me is @Vetala.

This... This is why I love interacting with Novices and Newbies, it sustains me through all of the "Lol Ok kewl BB"
    Fan-(censored)-Tastic!

On an OOC note, if you ever see me about, and want to interact... Start a conversation.
    On an IC note, if you ever see me about, and want to interact... Start a conversation.

I know those two are so completely different to invoke a raised eyebrow, but oh well.
    Is also the Shintar.
  • Nayl said:
    Very nicely written, captivating and intriguing.
    The person that you're missing when you were testing your Magnum against me is @Vetala.

This... This is why I love interacting with Novices and Newbies, it sustains me through all of the "Lol Ok kewl BB"
    Fan-(censored)-Tastic!

On an OOC note, if you ever see me about, and want to interact... Start a conversation.
    On an IC note, if you ever see me about, and want to interact... Start a conversation.

I know those two are so completely different to invoke a raised eyebrow, but oh well.
    All righty will do! And damnit, :( I thought she arrived just after I had done that. Hmm...maybe I shouldn't wait until the day after to write lol.
  • Month 2(August 4)

Wow, what a stressful month! I think it will be better to write at the end of the rather than try to write throughout the day, should leave more time for my studies. When I first awoke I spent some time daydreaming...thinking, thinking. I'm eager to see what further augmentations I can learn to do, and how I can put these irontanks to use. My new magnum, too...I'm eager to improve it. When I first returned to my senses, @Munsia was about and offered to show me more of her 'hunting' techniques. I very much wanted to go, but she told me I had to finish obtaining all sorts of curatives...what a dangerous world, turns out I have more to fear than my fumes and magnum...

Thankfully, I ran into @Vetala again and she was a HUGE help in getting my curatives. She showed me how to use the Aetherplex again and told me what curatives and things I needed. Apparently, rosehips is not a curative...wonder what it does? And why am I not supposed to buy weed? People spend money on weeds? Strange indeed. I was so embarrassed, but shopping took a lot longer than I thought, and I fell asleep! Ugh. I must have looked like a fool. Fortunately she showed me a dormitory where I can rest when I need to, and she baked me some delicious food to boot. All in all, it was a pretty exhausting, but very productive trip! For having such short legs, the little furrikin never seems to be low on energy. Curious indeed. Oh! I nearly forgot, before we parted ways, she stabbed me with her tail! I don't know how that little thing works, but it sure is a blasted appendage! That's a strange way to say she's proud of my progress...

Just after returning to the Megalith of Doom for some well needed rest, Loremaster @Marcella approached me and took me on a tour of the Silent Cathedral, named since the bells were cracked and forever silenced long ago in homage to....curses, I can never seem to remember names these days..a great Demon Lord. Apparently our fair city was founded on the Demon Lords. She took me through all of the rooms, spheres, of a design called the Tree of Life it seems. Malkoth, Geburah, and Kether to name a few. We also discussed Isune, great wars in the past, the void, and the Elder Gods. I learned a lot about the Orclash race, and how Urlach was a great hero of all of mortality. I owe these legends much, how can I pay proper homage and become a figure for those who come behind me? I feel so helpless in the presence of such grandness.

I thought I was exhausted after the @Vetala ordeal (and injury), until I finished @Marcella's tour...I was ready to rest for the night, then she found @Kalnid to teach me about the Demon Lords. I nodded and trudged on, utterly exhausted! We spent a good deal of time talking about planes, and even went to tour...Shallem? Sha..shh..something. I guess Geomancers discovered it a few thousand years ago. (Do we have to do EVERYTHING?) Guess we were pretty influential back then too, I can only hope I can be remembered for Geochemantics someday. My voice has changed, It sounds sort of metallic now....my body is beginning to sound more like machinery than a normal viscanti. I had to check if my heart was still beating, thankfully it was. I've not yet found a way to replace that. Anyway, we discussed planes at great length, and apparently they are shaped like an onion. I asked about the void, and that seems to be not part of any plane...but I don't know if it's far outside, or so deep in the core of everything it's undetectable? Questions questions...thankfully they didn't object too much when I needed to rest, I think @Marcella was pretty tired too. She was very helpful in my learning, I didn't get a chance to fully thank her before she left. I hope to find a nice place I can hunt in the next few months, I'm eager to learn more in Geochemantics and illusions.

• Sorry @Nakarel, forgot your name for the first part. :(
  • The rosehips are, obviously, for snacking. Honest.

• Vetala said:
    The rosehips are, obviously, for snacking. Honest.
    You lie! D:
  • Again, great to read, and even got a giggle out of me... Although I'm not quite sure if it was intentional or not...

Zythaar said:
    I learned a lot about the Orclash race, 

Haha, orc lash.
    Is also the Shintar.