Absence Thread

Comments

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    A counter point to a fabulous holiday. I've been scarce already but have been at least checking messages/popping in briefly pretty regularly etc. But now doing probably 13+ hour days for the next two weeks (potentially for longer), so likely to be even more nonexistent.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • I shall be on vacation basically until Aug 9-10, first up in WI bothering @Everiine and then vacationing with the wife during the week. 

I'll be able to check msgs and such, but otherwise I'm out. Don't crash the City while I'm gone.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    If you're good, I'll let you use my internet and log on from here. But you have to sign Hallifax as a vassal of the Serenwilde first.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited August 2014
    1. Grandmother passed away three days ago.  Only found out about an hour ago because apparently she "didn't want my mother to know she had passed away".  So her passing message to our family was effectively a kick to the balls.

2. Broke up with my girlfriend the same day, though things have been rocky for a while now.  Long story, no desire to go into details.

Going to disappear completely from the net for a few days.  Apologies to those I made RP commitments to, but I just feel empty inside now.  For now, I just want to go drown my sorrows.

EDIT: Spent some time talking with my significant other, looks like there is still a chance of mending things.  Remaining optimistic, but is a weight off my shoulders on top of everything else.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • So I'm not entirely absent, I'm just getting really bad Internet connection problems at the moment, so I apologise if I seem like I'm not logging in as much!
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I will continue to be around a bit less until the 19th, when the internet at my new flat gets installed (mm, fibre). I'm still logging in every day and doing things, but during the daytime GMT rather than in the evening, so I apologise to all the lovely non-EU people I've been missing and will catch up with everyone once I'm all moved in :)
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    The State Department will be around my facility for the rest of the week, making everyone neurotic and keeping us extra busy. As such, I'll probably be more scarce than usual. As always, messages are good if I can't be found otherwise!
  • Just after settling in to the new place and handling new employment paperwork, I found out someone very close to me has died. It wasn't expected. I'm heading back home tomorrow for the funeral. This week has been brutal. I honestly don't know if I will be around much.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Vivet said:
    The State Department will be around my facility for the rest of the week, making everyone neurotic and keeping us extra busy. As such, I'll probably be more scarce than usual. As always, messages are good if I can't be found otherwise!
    Well, looks like I picked a good time for my own disappearing act, too. I will be mia for most of this week. Messages are a good way to locate me, too... and I make it a point to log on at least once daily to see if anyone's sent anything... not that experience hasn't taught me otherwise... but one can hope, eh? :)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Isune said:
    Just after settling in to the new place and handling new employment paperwork, I found out someone very close to me has died. It wasn't expected. I'm heading back home tomorrow for the funeral. This week has been brutal. I honestly don't know if I will be around much.
    Sorry to hear, Isune :(  *big hugs*  Take all the time you need and know that we'll all be thinking about you and those close to you.

• Isune said:
    Just after settling in to the new place and handling new employment paperwork, I found out someone very close to me has died. It wasn't expected. I'm heading back home tomorrow for the funeral. This week has been brutal. I honestly don't know if I will be around much.
    Oh Isune! :( I'm sorry. Come back to us when you're ready for it! Take all the time you need.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Will be sparse over the weekend and next week. 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• We come here today to mourn the passing of laptop number 3. It was a good laptop, sturdy, strong, dependable. Even after it lost a few finger keys, and lost CTRL, it was determined to keep pressing on. I suppose when it had its tragic affair with a virus corrupting it and then returned to us with amnesia, we were all certain it'll never be the same again. Sadly it seems it just couldn't keep its strength going and was slipping away. It'll be sorely missed.

Abridged version: laptop busted. Won't be around until I get a new one. Hopefully 3 days
  • I finished up the quarter today and got my final papers in and then I got called in the middle of the night. I'll be gone this week to go to Iowa for my cousins funeral. He was killed in a motorcycle accident this morning. I haven't forgotten about the Festival tournaments that haven't finished I will deal with them I promise I just won't be around until I'm back in Alabama most likely. 
  • Meliana said:
    I finished up the quarter today and got my final papers in and then I got called in the middle of the night. I'll be gone this week to go to Iowa for my cousins funeral. He was killed in a motorcycle accident this morning. I haven't forgotten about the Festival tournaments that haven't finished I will deal with them I promise I just won't be around until I'm back in Alabama most likely. 
    I want to disagree with this post because it is so sad....

I am sorry for your loss :(
  • Not that I've been around all that much anyway lately, but there's a project I'm working on that's consuming most of my free time. I still check messages, but that's pretty much all I can do until this is finished... which may be a few weeks. In all other regards, life is good. My apologies to the people I keep promising to do stuff for.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    From being extremely slow to dropping out entirely at random, my internet is balls at the moment. Hopefully it will be fixed by the end of the week, but until it is I can only stop by and answer messages at best.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    :(
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    My in-laws are visiting for the week, so I'll be around, but a little less often. Still popping in every day, though!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • My papers and projects are not getting fewer, so I'll take a break to finish all of them till the next term starts.
  • I'll be around long enough to hand things over. Not sure if I'll stick around after that. Friends know how to contact me. 
  • Got a very nasty case of the flu, so I probably won't be around much - while I'll be at home, I will probably be curled up in bed, cursing the inconsiderate individual that gave me it :(
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Arcanis said:
    We come here today to mourn the passing of laptop number 3. It was a good laptop, sturdy, strong, dependable. Even after it lost a few finger keys, and lost CTRL, it was determined to keep pressing on. I suppose when it had its tragic affair with a virus corrupting it and then returned to us with amnesia, we were all certain it'll never be the same again. Sadly it seems it just couldn't keep its strength going and was slipping away. It'll be sorely missed. Abridged version: laptop busted. Won't be around until I get a new one. Hopefully 3 days

All the way up to the virus part I was just thinking...get a usb keyboard! After the virus part I was thinking, new drive and usb keyboard. Sometimes I forget they make really good inexpensive laptops these days.
  • Going to be a bit more scarce for about a week. Rebuilding and, because of why I am rebuilding, securing to the point of excess two servers and recreating my development environment from scratch because I don't have a recent backup of anything other than my code. I will still log in to check messages, but I'm going to be swamped for a while, so don't expect to see me around more than a few minutes.
  • It would appear my "I'm home!" rejoicing was premature. I'm home but I might as well not be, I'm at grandma's pretty much 24/7 and there is no longer any chance of recovery. I will be around but this is hard, the usual magic will be a bit scarce. 
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Drocilla said:
    It would appear my "I'm home!" rejoicing was premature. I'm home but I might as well not be, I'm at grandma's pretty much 24/7 and there is no longer any chance of recovery. I will be around but this is hard, the usual magic will be a bit scarce. 
    All of my hugs, and sympathies for your situation.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Drocilla said:
    It would appear my "I'm home!" rejoicing was premature. I'm home but I might as well not be, I'm at grandma's pretty much 24/7 and there is no longer any chance of recovery. I will be around but this is hard, the usual magic will be a bit scarce. 
    Losing a loved one is hard. You've got all our thoughts and prayers, dear. Take as long as you need <3
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I'm off to spend a weekend assassinating people. Back on Sunday night! (When I shall probably collapse in exhaustion. Let's call that back on Monday morning...)
    Drocilla said:
     :(  I'm so sorry to hear that, @Drocilla

Take all the time you need and know that we are all here for you and thinking of you.