Quests: pains and pleasure + Questions and comments.

edited December 2014 in Common Grounds
Since I had made it my part-time goal to get my honours list up and discover what's out there, I've been experiencing many of the quests lusternia has to offer. Having experienced some of the most painful and agonizing sequences I never dreamed I would face, as well as some of the most wonderful storylines that I wish others could see to understand the depth of lusternian lore, I decided to share some of these experiences here to perhaps inspire others and give some feedback to coders for future quests (or fixes for current ones). This will also be rather helpful to people getting into quests, as there is little information that can be found about them as is.

Feel free to add your own pains and pleasures.

Note: This arent walkthroughs, these are basically just summaries, hints, and general information about a quest and how to start it up.

This will be the list of quests I have completed and written below, it will be growing with time so i'll place it in a closed box.

Simply consider me the quest critic.

[spoiler]
Tolborolla Valley, A.K.A Daughter of Rivers/Ackleberry Commune (raiting 3.5/5)
Scorpion Caverns / Grand Mother Scorpion (rating 4/5)
[/spoiler]

Comments

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    My guilty questing pleasure is the i'Xiia Asylum quest for subduing the mugwumps. That little number puzzle on the generator is my absolute favorite (second only to those little grid puzzles, per the Cay or Zoaka wyrmling quests - oh god they're so addicting).

Fun puzzles make fun quests. Convoluted Sudoku is not fun.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Eritheyl said:
    My guilty questing pleasure is the i'Xiia Asylum quest for subduing the mugwumps. That little number puzzle on the generator is my absolute favorite (second only to those little grid puzzles, per the Cay or Zoaka wyrmling quests - oh god they're so addicting).

Sudoku with built-in time limits is not fun.  Sudoku itself can be.

That said, for these puzzles which you find yourself having a significant-lack-of-fun with, you can generally go to an online solution tool and just get the answer.  I generally prefer to work it out myself (it's more entertaining to me that way), but having the ability to work around the issues can be quite helpful.
  • edited August 2014
    Let's start with a relatively fun and painless one: The Tolborolla Valley quest.

Tolborolla Valley is located roughly northwest of Estelbar's location (path 9529). It is pretty much the incarnation of the Ackleberry 'lost' commune, where Tae'dae and Furrikin have come together to make a small village. In this village, they are able to enact a ritual to summon 'The Daughter of Rivers', which is basically like the epic quests performed by Serenwilde and Glomdoring to get a vision from Moon and Night. I definitely recommend this quest to all Furrikin, Tae'dae and Ackleberry lovers, as it allows you to get a taste (quite literally in a way) of how the Ackleberry functions (not to mention information over it).

HINTS AND ADVICE:

- The perhaps most painful part of this quest is finding out how to even start it. Sadly 'secret' exits arent uncommon for quests in Lusternia, and this is no exception. To start, you will have to find the font hidden in the village, where Hoopah will be residing. The font is located in the village itself, to a southeast exit. Once there, you will find Hoopah asleep, a simple prod should wake her up and you can begin the quest. Once you do, everything else should relatively fall in place.

- Later in the quest, you'll be informed to gather 2 pies and 2 cloaks, one of these pies will be an apple pie and sadly few apples are even found in the valley. The best I could do was wait for respawn to collect more, try to work your tasks around this coming situation.

- Remember, later on you have to collect threads from the bird by tricking it....dont kill it, it wont drop any...trust me >>.

RATING:

Since this quest doesnt border on painful to the point of a nervous breakdown, and is generally straightforward in procedure, as well that it makes you feel like you discovered a hidden secret of lusternia, i'll have to give it a 3.5/5 raiting.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Xenthos said:
    Eritheyl said:

Sudoku with built-in time limits is not fun.  Sudoku itself can be.

That said, for these puzzles which you find yourself having a significant-lack-of-fun with, you can generally go to an online solution tool and just get the answer.  I generally prefer to work it out myself (it's more entertaining to me that way), but having the ability to work around the issues can be quite helpful.
    My biggest problem isn't the puzzle itself, but the looooong process of actually inputting the solution. Eventually I got smart enough to set up a slew of aliases for manipulating the pieces, but it's still so exhaustive for me.

/weak
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Biggest issue with Sudoku is the unwieldy fashion in which it is set up. They could take a hint from I'Xiia's grid quest and set it up in a similar fashion where you can say, for instance... "9 to A3" and be done with it as opposed to taking out a tablet, putting it in the board, then saying where it goes.... Aliases make it easier, sure... but it's still a bit annoying in the end. Even more so when it's letters instead of numbers. I understand that it's setup in that way so you can't just plug a sudoku solver into it, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to convert letters to numbers either.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    The i'Xiia asylum has roughly 5-6 total combinations to it. Just save them all in a wordpad.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited August 2014
    I've always enjoyed the Faethorn quests, and the fact that the well is dry without having to do the long and grindy Caoimhe quest is a real pity, because it's so vital for the Faethorn quests. Watering the rose bush is a fun quest itself too. I think I've figured out all the quests in Faethorn, though there's one I'm unsure if I have figured out, and it's broken, or if I haven't. The unicorn. You're supposedly able to rustle it (a skill that disappeared when riding became beastmastery) or according to what I've been told, *and* suggested by the mob who wants the unicorn, you should be able to use clover to lure it. But that doesn't work either.

That said, even without the unicorn, you will be able to reforge Maeve's sceptre. So if you ever notice that the well is full, you really ought to give that quest a try.

... oh, and one minor hint. It seems that it can only be completed during new or full moon.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited August 2014
    I've only ever done the quests I liked, but everything in bold below stands out for me:

He has crafted the Snowflake of Snoefaasia upon Frosticia. - Definitely fun. The Snoefaasia fae is <3.
    He aided the Dark Virago to take control of the Dwarven Kingdom. - Esano/Akyaevin helped me with this one.
    He did save Aestra, the celestial pegasus, from the Cult of Legion. - Why would anyone kill Aestra?! 
    He brought together the lovers Jaryn Treeheart and Rhianna Shee-Slaugh. - Star-crossed lovers, anyone?
    He has endured the resurgence of Zenos the Insubstantial.
    He is awarded the Medal of the Liberator of Pastries. - Crumkane-lore even before Crumkane came out.
    He is known as a Sous Chef of the Waystation Circuit.
    He hatched a dragon egg at Mount Zoaka, birthing a magnificent wyrmling. - The world message is very rewarding. Plus all those hints of dracnari-dragon-Dracnoris lore is cool.
    He bears the Shadowdancers Honour of the Mark of Darkness. THERE ARE NO PUZZLES. THERE ARE NO QUEST MOBS. ONLY CONSPIRACIES.
    He infused the Throne of Urlach with Light, completing Project Eternity.
    He succeeded in containing the Slaghora'ruin. - TOWER OF HANOI. WOOOOO.
    He has brought the Song of Ail'Fae Runia to Faethorn. - I LOVE this quest. A Lot. There are no words. Plus only the cool Wiccans get to finish it. City folks who dabble with this are posers.
    He is the Dark Savant of the Wyrden Mysteries.
    He did lower the veil over the Hifarae hills and release Gromagh's horde.
    He awakened what lay sleeping within the Shallamurine Cathedral.
    He assisted Kravch to bring vengeance upon the taurians of Verasavir Valley.
    He aided Mother Night's descent onto the Throne of Darkness. + 100000 Shadowdancer cool points. And another TOWER OF HANOIIIIIII. I am masochistic and I love manually doing the puzzle.
    He witnessed the Rings of the Iron Lady performance of the Czigany Wayfaire. - I love this. Reminds me of all things Ray Bradbury and Neil Gaiman.
    He helped the shaman Rynak vanquish the ghost-wolves of Verasavir Valley.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    She restored the Throne of Urlach, unleashing its dark powers.
    She slew Aestra, the golden pegasus, and brought her heart to Morgfyre, the Legion.

That's how you do those quests properly, @Siam! Talk about blasphemy.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Lavinya said:
    She restored the Throne of Urlach, unleashing its dark powers.
    She slew Aestra, the golden pegasus, and brought her heart to Morgfyre, the Legion.

That's how you do those quests properly, @Siam! Talk about blasphemy.
    Some of us actually use to talk to Aestra when she was real
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Ridley tricked me into completing the Throne of Urlach quest and I was so mad.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • for which side lmao
  • edited August 2014
    Grandmother Scoprion, A.K.A The Scoprion Caverns.

Quite a quest this one, filled with history, lore, and then some. It is quite the process, but nothing too overly difficult, sadly the ending is quite the let-down and could make you regret all the work done. As for a brief history listen, the Scorpion Caverns are where followers of the Great Spirit Scorpion reside deep below. They revere scorpion for her strength and protection she has given them. Their main priority in life seems to be: To live in peace.

Hints and Advice:

- Similar to many of the lovely quests of lusternia, to begin this quest you have to first find the 'hidden exit', else you'll be running around in circles for hours. To get to the giant scorpion caverns (no the freakish crawler creatures on top are not the scorpions), you have to take a DOWN exit near the eastern center of the caverns (For future reference, you can utilize this map to help figure out exactly where: http://www.lusternia.com/sites/lusternia.com/files/maps/full realm map.png). Once you go all the way down, there is ANOTHER secret exit (love you too quest makers) which will lead you to the hidden dracnari and lucidian monks, and of course the wise lady, a.k.a their leader.

- The quest focuses around completing the tasks of two high ranking members and two low ranking members. One of the high rankers will state she can construct you an ankh, the other a bowl, you will need both. Dont bother harvesting the crawlers one set at a time on top, just kill them all at once.

- Once you have both ankh and bowl, you can start influencing the scorpions. Note, the members will say you have to be 'holding' the bowl and ankh type that represents the scorpion color, but that doesnt actually mean you have to WIELD them, simply have them in your inventory.

- Once you have all the poison, you give the bowl back and will receive the password needed to enter each of the secret caverns to awaken one of the 'Old Ones'. Before doing such, it is advisable that you speak to one of the low ranking members (whom happens to be standing at the statue of scorpion outside the residents) and he will say he lost the journals. Now would be the opportune time to collect the journals from the sand worms

- Once you have awakened the old ones and handed their journal over, you have to solve the puzzle (What would a lusternian quest be without a puzzle??), It's fairly simple...and slightly morbid since followers of scorpion will literally sacrifice themselves to begin the process. To get this lovely helpers to give their life for you, you'll have to assist the last low-member, whom seems to be a gardener that can give you a special item to bring these monks in line. As for the puzzle, note that you are given several colored gemstones and have to get the sequence of colors right. You can touch a colored gemstone more than once, and the sequence doesnt even have to include all the colors given, so dont worry if you're attempting to get them all included.

- Once you have the last item, gained through the puzzle/ritual, you can go back to the wise lady and you'll get the "amazing" prophecy..i'll let you figure that out.

Rating:

Fun quest, but ending is a let down. Since it gives you such insight into the Dracnari and Lucidian past, and how the aggressive creatures came to exist within the caverns, as well as history into Tzaraziko and Mother Scorpion, I got to say it's pretty neat. 4/5
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    The Facility

The best thing I can say about this quest is that the syntax is clear. There's no hunting for the right commands to do things.

Now, let's start with the things that contribute to making this the worst quest I've done in Lusternia. First of all, it's just mindless bashing. There's no interesting or engaging components to it. I like the Mystlike quests and this is very much not one of them. You just kill a bunch of things, turn them in, and wait for them to respawn. There's an additional frustration in that there's two timers to wait out, too. You not only have to wait for the beasties to respawn, but you also have to wait for the people who take their corpses to decide they're willing to be useful again. This takes longer than it takes for the beasties to respawn by a big enough margin that you can lose corpses to decay waiting for them. You can stock them up to the last corpse needed for them to do their thing, at least, so it's not terrible. Just an irritating and seemingly pointless nuisance.

That wouldn't be too bad on its own, though. It'd be boring and have not leave any fun-oriented reason to do the quest, but it wouldn't be terrible. The worst thing about this quest is the random failure chance. Every batch of corpses (mildly more than one clear) gives you an item that you turn in to another person. You then have a fifty percent chance of getting progress and a fifty percent chance of getting nothing at all. There's nothing you can do to influence that. There's just a failure chance with no player input to it at all. This, more than anything else, contributes to making this an awful quest.

There's no lore to redeem it, either. You just kill stuff and deliver it to the obvious places without any idea why or what it's for. This is a missed opportunity. There could have been so much cool stuff about gnomes in here, but as it is the only lore amounts to gnomes being jerks and blaming other people for their personal failures.

It's sickeningly long, too. 225 kills in the absolute best case scenario, which comes to about four clears of the area. Not bad until you take into account the fact that you have to wait for respawns between each clear, but even then it's just sort of trudgingly bad. But, you're not going to get the best case scenario. 450 kills (about eight clears) if you roll poorly on half of the failure points. More or less than that if you're lucky or unlucky. I can say from experience that there is very little in Lusternia that is more depressing than failing all of the rolls for a given clear.

I'd like to reserve the 0/5 rating for a sort of hypothetical worst possible quest, and this could be made worse by increasing the failure chance or making it longer, but at the same time I don't really feel comfortable giving it a rating above that. That would imply that this is worse than other quests by far less than it actually is. So, final score from me, 0/6, would not quest again except that you have to do it twice for the aetherepic.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It is one of the quests in Lusternia that you are not meant to do all in one go; that's the only reason I can think of for its design.  It encourages you to do a little bit a day while also working / doing other stuff.  In that sense, it functions exactly as intended.  If you try to do it all at once, though, it is every bit as tedious and frustrating as you have put forth.  There is also the problem where it sometimes lets you "steal" someone else's work and sometimes does not (occasionally when other people turn in gems it reduces your counter or resets your counter, but at least when I did it this was not consistent, which was also a bit annoying when you went from needing only 1 more of something to suddenly needing all 3 again).

To me, the problems with this quest really come to the fore when you consider that it is part of the aetherepic, and when done as part of the aetherepic it must be done "all at once" (you can't work on some of the other quests when doing the aetherepic chain because the second time 'round, it forces you to go in order one-at-a-time).
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I think I might also be inclined to rate it poorly because I've been doing some of the other aetherquests recently and have loved them.

Frosticia? 4.5/5, easy. I haven't finished Mucklemarsh yet, be assuming it's just doing X completions of the minigame on there I absolutely love it. 4.5/5, which would be raised to 5 if the instructions were slightly clearer about the goal and if the controls were better. I would like to see a competitive version of it.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Siam said:
    I've only ever done the quests I liked, but everything in bold below stands out for me:

He has brought the Song of Ail'Fae Runia to Faethorn. - I LOVE this quest. A Lot. There are no words. Plus only the cool Wiccans get to finish it. City folks who dabble with this are posers.

I guess I'm a poser then :(
    ----
    He has brought the Song of Ail'Fae Runia to Faethorn.
    He restored the sceptre to the Queen of the Fae.
    ----
    He aided Mother Night's descent onto the Throne of Darkness.
    He assisted the Priestess Ysun in venerating the essence of Moon.
    He did raise the veil over the Hifarae hills and drive back Gromagh's horde.
    He helped the centaurs of the Hifarae Hills drive out Gromagh's horde.
    He did help summon the Great Cat Spirit to aid the Igasho Tribe of Hhuhur.
    He brought balance to the Kiakodan Reserve, preserving it for future generations.
    He woke the Old Ones and restored connection to Grandmother Scorpion.
    He helped Tolborolla tae'dae and furrikin contact Ackleberry.
    He succeeded in containing the Slaghora'ruin.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Should've gone giant font to tiny font in a pyramid.  Would've been more dramatic.  As for quests, after hearing about the ordeals that others go through, I try not to bother.  Playing guess the word or ridiculous command sudoku is not for me.
    Ixion said:
    Siam said:

----
    ----
    He brought balance to the Kiakodan Reserve, preserving it for future generations.

It's okay @Ixion. I don't consider you a poser because you compile all the honours line for us allllll.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited August 2014
    Siam said:
    Ixion said:
    Siam said:

----
    ----

It's okay Ixion. I don't consider you a poser because you compile all the honours line for us allllll.

Let me just take a look here...

honours full ixion

Kalas Ixion, The Devouring Blade (Male Undying Demigod Changeling).
    Request Denied.

okay :(
    Arcanis said:
    Siam said:
    Ixion said:
    Siam said:

----
    ----

It's okay Ixion. I don't consider you a poser because you compile all the honours line for us allllll.

Let me just take a look here...

honours full ixion

Kalas Ixion, The Devouring Blade (Male Undying Demigod Changeling).
    Request Denied.

okay :(
    honours full siam
    He has seen @Ixion's honours.

#bringShikariback 

• One of my favourite things in quests is when you have to solve a problem by doing something intuitive but unusual - like the researchers (I actually forget where, Taerin Passages maybe?) who will only talk to you if you changeself merian. I'd love to see more quests that require use of skills, especially skills that seem significant lore-wise but serve little mechanical purpose for bashing/combat. 
  • edited August 2014
    Broken quests will be the death of me, however I am managing to find some loophole in order to complete them...but is costing me a bundle in amnesties.

Saint Gathlyn's Orphanage comes to mind. It has a two-sided story quest, and it took me several sides to realize the 'dark' side is broken or just made to be extremely cruel and mad-inducing to the quester. The 'good' side is actually quite doable...to an extent.

I dont have much patience right now to develop a full report so i'll make a quick one on the 'Light' side of the quest:

• When starting the quest, you realize you have 4 tasks to do. ABOVE ALL ELSE, ACCOMPLISH TAMONE'S TASK AS SOON AS YOU CAN BEFORE THE OTHERS (Except the man in the garden, since you need him to give you access to the mountain, explained below). Why you ask? Because he'll ask you to collect the souls on the mountain, however, for some strange obscured reason, he wants 40 souls...even though there are only 30 souls, meaning you have to wait for respawn. If you had accomplished the other tasks before this, there is a chance that the NPCs will forget the favor you've done and go on their merry way. I had to learn this the hard way..
    • Be sure when you are collecting the 10 extra souls for Tamone that you kill ALL THE SOULS again, else, even though you've collect enough, he'll still say "The souls must be brought to the light!" after you try to influence him...thus costing you another 30 mins of waiting and thus making the other NPCs walk away.
    • Note that the Ministral Ghost and Taurian Ghost are unneeded for this quest. Dont let them confuse you. The Taurian ghost does have a lovely side quest that I will mention later.
    • When placing the icons in the statue (In the correct order. I adore these..), remember that
    1. You have a limited time to get the sequence right before it resets.
    2. You have a limited amount of chances to try it before the icons get destroyed, so dont waste chances on putting 1 piece at a time and testing.
    • The children in the garden can be quite annoying, just remember that the solution lies in positive influencing (begging and empower).
    • There are 4 people needed to complete the ritual: The high priest, the man in the garden that takes care of the children, Tamone the soul capturer (long live the light?), and the sickly boy at the top of the orphanage house that whines a lot. Once you've completed the task of each (the boy doesnt necessarily have a task, merely needs some remedying), you empower them to come along. It is for this reason why you should be sure to complete Tamone's task FIRST,  as you dont want the others to vanish after you bring them along.
    • To open the gate to the mountain (Mount Wend), there are 2 ways: You can beg the head lady of the orphanage for the key, or you can complete the children and old man in the garden's task, whom will then say the head lady will give you passage. Their task is fairly simply when you figure it out, so shouldnt be too hard to repeat if needed.
    • Remember to make sure the task is completed before you empower them, else you're stuck.

As for the 'dark' side of this quest, well that's a lovely tale!

Firstly rather than kill the souls, you influence them, while shielding from snowcats that want to tear you to pieces. Once that part is done and you collect the snowcats for the crazy taurian (which btw you cant do beforehand because the snowcats are protected from damage), he'll ask you to influence the children and make them cry...but wait, to first get access to the mountain, you would have probably already have influenced these children in order for the old man in the garden to be happy and allow you entrance...so you'll have to wait for them to reset. Even if you didnt influence the children first, you'll still HAVE TO WAIT, because once you've completed all the tasks, the crazy taurian will ask that you complete the tasks of the 'fools' below...meaning that the old man in the garden will WANT you to influence the children to make them happy......It's maddening yes.

BUT that's not the worst part by fair! Nay. You see, The crazy taurians and souls are allied to Frost Spite, meaning slaying one makes you an instant enemy....yet the crazy taurian wants you to gather all the 'fools' below by completing their tasks..and the NPC known as Tamone wants you to kill 40 souls...How does that work you say? Well it doesnt. Either you kill and get enemied, or influence and are 1 man-short. Enjoy the insanity!

• The light side isn't too bad now (some things were changed recently iirc). It's possible with relative ease if you know the timings/steps perfectly.

The dark side, well, shit. With 4 lirangshan mist uses, half a day desyncronizing light talisman and dark talisman stages, and timing everything perfectly, and a ton of luck, I did manage to see most of the dark side ending. There is no honours and the reward is crap as it turns out.

• Ixion said:
    The light side isn't too bad now (some things were changed recently iirc). It's possible with relative ease if you know the timings/steps perfectly.

The dark side, well, shit. With 4 lirangshan mist uses, half a day desyncronizing light talisman and dark talisman stages, and timing everything perfectly, and a ton of luck, I did manage to see most of the dark side ending. There is no honours and the reward is crap as it turns out.
    It was murder, pure murder. I attempted the Dark side 4 times before I realized it just cant work. Im glad it has no honors though...means I wont have to consider it in the future >>.

On to the next!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The Klangratch Forge quest is really frustrating, not because any of the parts of the quest are particularly difficult or confusing, but because after the first part of the quest, you are given zero guidance. You end up just having to hand the npc random items until you hit one he likes, at which point he explains what other items you need, and what to do with them. After all of that, you kill a quest npc and do as the quest giver says... at which point he falls silent and the quest stalls again. I can't for the life of me figure it out.
  • Enyalida said:
    The Klangratch Forge quest is really frustrating, not because any of the parts of the quest are particularly difficult or confusing, but because after the first part of the quest, you are given zero guidance. You end up just having to hand the npc random items until you hit one he likes, at which point he explains what other items you need, and what to do with them. After all of that, you kill a quest npc and do as the quest giver says... at which point he falls silent and the quest stalls again. I can't for the life of me figure it out.
    Bah, horrible quest. Had to repeat it several times just to figure it out. Wasnt until I finally gave him all his items that in my shock realized I had to kill the cursed suits of armor walking through the portal...quite quickly at that. Definitely need some mad hunting skills or friends in order to accomplish.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    We got past that stage, and then I did as he commanded... and zilcho happened. Evidently you need to put all the corpses in (which he doesn't say) and even that didn't seem to do anything, perhaps we were somehow missing a corpse? Who knows.
  • My only problem with that quest was not being able to FIND all the items.