Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Is that working now? Because I used to put my beast to use feed in the stables and they'd die of starvation once they finished the feedbag.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Did you pay your stable fees?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Rivius said:
    Is that working now? Because I used to put my beast to use feed in the stables and they'd die of starvation once they finished the feedbag.
    Back when I trained beasts (which, granted, was a couple of RL years ago) it worked fine at least. I had my beasts in the stable all the time, always ordered to eat from their feedbags. Not a single one starved.
  • Rialorm said:
    After one hour passes, your beast will eat 1 feed. That leaves three in the bag. You can then put 1 new feed into it to top it off. The feeds are eating in first in first out order.
    Feed effects for training/description-selecting purposes are applied in FIFO order, but only trivially because they're applied immediately at feed time. For determining beast hunger, a simple counter is used instead of maintaining a queue of feeds.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • edited September 2014
    Do Bardics automatically get placed in Libraries, or do I need to submit it ingame as well?
  • Ingame submission is totally separate from bardic submission.
  • Yep. bardics are more along the lines of Lusternia stories you have made, and library submissions are more writings your own character has made for his commune.
  • Arcanis said:
    Yep. bardics are more along the lines of Lusternia stories you have made, and library submissions are more writings your own character has made for his commune.
    Thanks for your questions, now I have two things to write about :)
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    All that being said, I want to clarify/emphasize you can absolutely submit your library books for bardics as well.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Daganev said:
    Arcanis said:
    Yep. bardics are more along the lines of Lusternia stories you have made, and library submissions are more writings your own character has made for his commune.
    Bardics are, essentially, entirely separated from your character (this is why you can move the credits around to alts- they are considered OOC credits).  The way to associate the writing with your character is to publish it in the library.
  • edited September 2014
    Daganev said:
    Arcanis said:
    It was rather fun and illuminating :). It opened up several other doors that I had not considered previously
  • Arcanis said:
    Daganev said:
    Arcanis said:
    It was rather fun and illuminating :). It opened up several other doors that I had not considered previously
    Hopefully not back doors!
  • Sometimes it's so hard to write and design things.

The artist's curse!
    Retired.
  • Xenthos said:
    Daganev said:
    Arcanis said:
    Bardics are, essentially, entirely separated from your character (this is why you can move the credits around to alts- they are considered OOC credits).  The way to associate the writing with your character is to publish it in the library.
    Does that mean that if I write an IC book for my character, I should not submit it to Bardics, or only that bardics is not necessarily connected to my character, but it could be?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Daganev said:
    Xenthos said:
    Daganev said:
    Arcanis said:
    Does that mean that if I write an IC book for my character, I should not submit it to Bardics, or only that bardics is not necessarily connected to my character, but it could be?
    Anything that you write you can submit to Bardics.  However, it is not treated as an in-character publication; it is not available in the libraries, it cannot be referenced by players. In order to make it an in-character publication it must also be published in the library system (in which case it can be used by players and is associated with the character who is marked as its author).

So, basically, the second choice.  It is an OOC work until you publish it in-game, at which point it is connected to your character. :)
  • I partly wish city/commune influence abilities werent tied to city/commune rank. We are all guilty of wanting lower ranked members to rise up quickly so they can be of more assistance in taking control of a village.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Steingrim said:
    Arcanis said:
    I partly wish city/commune influence abilities werent tied to city/commune rank. We are all guilty of wanting lower ranked members to rise up quickly so they can be of more assistance in taking control of a village.

This could be used to address things like how people who do village com quests or influence villages normally get no recognition in their orgs.
    I wasn't really with you up until this point. This in particular is hard to track/monitor for players, especially the commodities since it is so easy to miss any evidence of it occurring whatsoever.

• edited September 2014
    Steingrim said:
    Arcanis said:
    I partly wish city/commune influence abilities werent tied to city/commune rank. We are all guilty of wanting lower ranked members to rise up quickly so they can be of more assistance in taking control of a village.
    All the alternatives of slower advancement seem worse. Things like making them do x things before a favour? Not favoring for defending because it didn't meet some arbitrary standard. Personally, I like the way it is here than in some of the other IRE games. Here rank is a sign of the person has helped a bit, rather than something indicating importance.

What I would like to see is something like org prestige. When you do certain things it goes up and if you sit on your ass for 100 years rank goes down...indicating the general populace has forgotten who you are. This could even be removed from titles completely and titles could be like honors and you'd have old inactive Lords with low prestige, Lords who are active with higher prestige.

This could be used to address things like how people who do village com quests or influence villages normally get no recognition in their orgs.
    Oh, I really really like this idea. 
    Gain Prestige for
    • Doing village quests for villages you own
    • Doing commodity quests
    • Placing sigils
    • Carving totems
    • Killing enemies
    • empowering shrines within the city/commune/
    • Maintaing a demense on city/commune owned locations
    • Having books in the library
    • Having plays on the stage
    • Doing city/commune related quests
    • something else

Lose Prestige for:
    • Every day/month you lose some prestige on a constant basis
    • Dying
    • Losing an influence battle
    • something else
  • Does the Rarity of the cards in my Gestalt affect the strength of the bonus during influencing? Also, does the number of cards in the gestalt effect the bonus?
  • Yes and yes.

• ech so many bugs with Shamanism..not sure where to start.
  • Arcanis said:
    ech so many bugs with Shamanism..not sure where to start.
    You could start by filing bug reports instead of complaining on the forums.

• Iasmos said:
    Arcanis said:
    the idea behind my post was me stating there are so many that im not sure which to file first. Add some sugar to your diet, you seem a bit bitter today.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Arcanis said:
    Iasmos said:
    Arcanis said:
    the idea behind my post was me stating there are so many that im not sure which to file first. Add some sugar to your diet, you seem a bit bitter today.
    He's right, you should file them all, but I really doubt things are incredibly buggy with Shamanism to begin with, not much has changed with it recently

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Arcanis said:
    Iasmos said:
    Arcanis said:
    There was an idea behind that post?

Maybe my temperament is diabetic.

• Oh  dont make me do an Iasmos on you.
    Salt is a better remedy for bitterness: Alton Brown's salted grapefruit brulee 
    I used to make cakes.

• What's the best quest to get ikons to make a gestalt with?
    The Ixthiaxa stone game is pretty easy and gives a village and soulless ikon every time.
    I used to make cakes.

This discussion has been closed.