Race Change

edited September 2014 in Q&A
Hi! I'm looking for opinions to weigh my planned reincarnation. Currently a storm trill trans Bonecrusher, looking to prioritize hunting capability above all else.

Base storm trill stats:
Strength    : 15     Dexterity   : 14     Constitution: 13
Intelligence: 11     Charisma    : 12

Current stats with some buffs (including true and standard favour, hence hefty):
Strength     : 18   Dexterity    : 15     Constitution : 16                   
Intelligence : 13   Charisma     : 14

Skill-wise, I have:
Athletics Weathering for +1 weighted con
Athletics Strength for +3 weighted strength

I consider my hunting speed decent, but the aslaran master race is tempting despite a pretty steep drop in stats. This is option one. Option two is tae'dae (which I was before using my free reincarnation due to barding):

Strength    : 18     Dexterity   :  8     Constitution: 17
Intelligence:  9     Charisma    : 15

The stats are pretty fantastic, even at base. However, my conflict lies in the racial buffs/maluses. Tae'dae has some pretty good inherent resists, plus the sip bonus. Aslaran, on the other hand, really only has the balance bonus in favour, along with the same level 2 fire malus. Would the tae'dae balance malus and hefty magic weakness outweigh the string of resists and stats?

Discuss, please!

Best Answer

Answers

• I cannot argue with numbers. I also cannot argue about low-hanging-breast cream brown Grimace.
  • I continue to say that people who think 1h warrior bashing is the best neglect the fact that it was the best before damageshift - now, since you only get half the amount of damage when you do crit, and crits on 2h weapons carry over the damage to the next thing you smash, they're about equal.
  • KROKANI ALWAYS.
  • Actually, there IS still a disparity between 1h and 2h warrior bashing with damage shift. The WSC of a 1h hit will carry over and probably overkill the target on the next hit, wasting some damage - but the damage wasted will be less than a 2h WSC. Afterall, the 36x damage of a WSC'd 2h swing is twice as much damage as a 1h swing, and probably less than half of that is needed to kill the next bashing target.

Less wastage has always been the core idea behind multiple attack classes being superior at bashing. It was the same with the other IRE monks as it is with 1h warriors here. When you kill a target halfway through your multi-hits, the remaining damage of your full bashing attack is not wasted and is carried over to the next target. Criticals have always exacerbated that advantage, making multi-hit classes heads and shoulders better than anyone else. With damage shift, every class now can carry over damage, so the arena has been evened quite a fair bit, but the wasted damage is still less on those with multi-hits. Unlike lusternian monks or the other IRE dsls where the full bashing attack is not carried over to the next target, lusternian 1h warriors are the only multi-hit bashers here, and they therefore remain the best native bashers. Just think about it, if you gave everyone 100% WSC rate, 1h warriors will literally be killing 1 more bashing target than anyone else per balance. That doesn't happen all the time, of course, but even with normal WSC rates, the difference is fairly obvious over time.

The thing that really evened the bashing scene here are the whips. Whips literally equalized damage output for bashing, and is most of the time better than the native bashing attacks of all the classes (with some exceptions). Damageshift didn't quite have the same impact.