VOTE FOR LUSTERNIA!

Comments

• If Lusternia gets 1st position I'll make Haezon not talk for an OOC week.
    Retired.
  • Haezon said:
    If Lusternia gets 1st position I'll make Haezon not talk for an OOC week.

I've checked aardwolf their population vastly outnumbers us

It's true, I really am you.
  • Naime said:
    Haezon said:
    If Lusternia gets 1st position I'll make Haezon not talk for an OOC week.

I've checked aardwolf their population vastly outnumbers us
    Aardwolf being #1 is artificial, even when we had the population to supplant them, briefly. A couple of the IronRealms games threatened it once or twice.

Except the same people that own Aard own TMS. It is seriously ridiculous the way their numbers will inflate when that threat actually happens. Aard will always be #1 on TMS.

Still, if that's where IRE really feels the need to advertise (I always preferred themudconnect, myself) being top 10 is more than enough to suit their goals.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Aardwolf.......I don't know how can a game without even a forum like here got so many votes..
    Anyway
    Voted Lusternia. I'll do it as much as I can.

Please make a banner "vote for lusternia" on the homepage of the game too. I can't see it....am I blind?

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I think there used to be one on the old website. I'm not sure if they were able to put one on the new one, but I'm not sure why.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    IIRC Aardwolf is the one where you automatically vote on login.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Isn't that illegal? At least in IRE games, I thought I specifically remembered auto-voting being a serious no-no.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Everiine said:
    Isn't that illegal? At least in IRE games, I thought I specifically remembered auto-voting being a serious no-no.
    Illegal for anyone expect them probably, what with owning the voting site and all.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    They own the site, who's going to police them?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

I guess that's the point, really.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I don't think auto voting is illegal. I think it's against some rules to offer prizes and rewards for voting.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    It's illegal to do both. But, again, if they control both the voting website and the game, and they really are using autovoting in their own game, who's gonna stop them?

http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/faq.php?faq=voting

Can I automate the voting?
    You can create tools to make it easier to vote for your MUD with a single click, but you cannot automate the voting entirely.

Can I offer rewards for voting?
    You CANNOT offer incentives or rewards to players for voting. That means you cannot give players items, experience, or anything else in return for votes. You cannot display different messages based on whether someone voted or not, or reward a player for voting by not showing messages.

You CANNOT offer global incentives for rankings such as "double exp this weekend if we are in the top 10".

You CAN have a system that ‘nags’ a player about voting as long as participation in that system is totally voluntary and there are no tangible positive or negative effects for a player choosing to use or not use such a system. Such a system must also allow a player to easily opt out of it at any time, also with no positive or negative effect, and it must be off by default. Such as system must also not make whether or not a person voted visible to others. It is fine to post notes and reminders asking people to vote for you.

• Regardless of the population in Aardwolf or Achaea aside. The fact that Midkernia and Imperian rank higher than Lusternia is rather disheartening. Especially when Midkernia has an extremely low population, while Imperian is about equal to us in population--yet Lusternia being 100% higher in the fun pyramid. It just shows that the players of Lusternia arn't voting. We need more voters! Please?
  • I'll say it again:
    </RANT>
  • Just my two cents as someone who tried Aardwolf.. that game has nothing unique enough to it. Nothing really shines as fun in it so no clue why its playerbase is as high as it is.

I usually do not vote for things but Lusternia will be my exception.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Just for the topmudsites discussion as someone who's witnessed trouble with them on another mud I used to play before I discovered lusternia, they go really strong against anybody who they suspect to do even the slightest vote manipulation (such as players voting more times a 12 hours using Tricks).

Kind of sad to hear that they don't seem to stick to their own rules. Since topmudsites brought me here, will vote anyway :)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • With the worry about declining players, I'm wondering what happened to all the adverts for Lusternia. I came here from VGcats, and then the ads for it just vanished. Granted, it may get lost with the shitty-clone-of-civ games but it could bring in more players, and thus, new votes. Wha happened to the advertising?
  • Let's try to get in the top 5 this month!
  • I think the TopMudSites info needs to be updated a touch- we have WAY more than 20000 rooms, not the 10000-20000 that the info says. 
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Someone should definitely make a banner for us to put on the Lusternia wiki for voting, too. If no one does it, I'll take a stab at it later on this week.
  • Hey, guys, we dropped out of the top 20. Let's see if we can't get it back up!

VOTE!!

• Aeral said:
    Someone should definitely make a banner for us to put on the Lusternia wiki for voting, too. If no one does it, I'll take a stab at it later on this week.
    Was this ever done? If not, I can do it. I just need the size dimensions :)

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Out of curiosity, how much traffic actually comes our way via tms? I know I haven't used them in ages, preferring to try out games thrown around /r/muds
  • So, it took me forever and I'm honestly not even sure if it was okay for me to do, but I took the gorgeous gif in @Estarra's sig and added a border to it.

It took me a bit to figure out the basics of editing gifs in photoshop and even longer to do it myself and find a fitting frame, but I did it! And I, personally, love it. Estarra, if this gif is copyrighted or something and it's not okay for me to use/edit, then please tell me, heh. I should've inquired with you first but .. I got excited about using photoshop again ..

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2016
    Is it just my phone or is the gif a black rectangle for 80% of its runtime? The frame is nice though. :)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Daraius said:
    Is it just my phone or is the gif a black rectangle for 80% of its runtime?
    The gif is a black rectangle for 80% of its runtime.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    Daraius said:
    Is it just my phone or is the gif a black rectangle for 80% of its runtime?
    The gif is a black rectangle for 80% of its runtime.
    i'll fix it c:

• Voting has reset! While you're under no obligation to vote, let's try to get to the top ten because Trader Bob needs some love!

VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!