Songs That Represent Characters/Places/People/Anything

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Now that that's out of the way, I declare this to be Glomdoring's national anthem:

• Arcanis said:

Now that that's out of the way, I declare this to be Glomdoring's national anthem:

... N....no

It's true, I really am you.

• Arien said:

I feel like this is a better representation of the off-handed beauty of Glomdoring, the sense of ominous, oncoming destruction and shadowy evanescence. It also reminds me too, that it was once actually a place full of light (aka Gloriana).
    Anything from Disney or love songs are rejected.

That song may represent perhaps serenwilde singing of the loss that occurred, but there is nothing Glomdoring in that song :P
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited September 2014
    Uh... love is not, by its nature, a concept foreign to the Glomdoring.  We may not appreciate it being bandied about publicly for all to see, but that doesn't mean that we do not appreciate its ability to create strong bonds and unity!  (See: Nai'Dorin- while Brennan and Rowena may loathe each other now that they have been broken, the bond between two individuals is still something we consider sacred and important for the health of the Forest).

Edit: That's why I love the nai'Dorin so much, really.  I find it to be perfectly Glomdoring.  The two individuals essentially offer themselves up as symbolic sacrifice to represent the greater powers of the Glomdoring, united in blood and body... while quietly, at its very core, also affirming that for the two performing the Rite given who they are standing in for (I know that's not how it is run a lot these days, but that is the symbolism embedded into the thing).  It is definitely not displayed in a sappy manner, but I feel that is appropriate.  It is a Glomdoring rendition of this concept and how it works within the Forest.
  • Ich Will by Rammstein makes me think of Gaudi for some reason I can just imagine Mysrai singing it for some reason

• edited September 2014
    Xenthos said:
    Uh... love is not, by its nature, a concept foreign to the Glomdoring.  We may not appreciate it being bandied about publicly for all to see, but that doesn't mean that we do not appreciate its ability to create strong bonds and unity!  (See: Nai'Dorin- while Brennan and Rowena may loathe each other now that they have been broken, the bond between two individuals is still something we consider sacred and important for the health of the Forest).

Edit: That's why I love the nai'Dorin so much, really.  I find it to be perfectly Glomdoring.  The two individuals essentially offer themselves up as symbolic sacrifice to represent the greater powers of the Glomdoring, united in blood and body... while quietly, at its very core, also affirming that for the two performing the Rite given who they are standing in for (I know that's not how it is run a lot these days, but that is the symbolism embedded into the thing).  It is definitely not displayed in a sappy manner, but I feel that is appropriate.  It is a Glomdoring rendition of this concept and how it works within the Forest.
    What I was basically saying is that the suggested song is definitely not Glomdoring, however go ahead and disgaree anyway
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Arcanis said:
    Xenthos said:

What I was basically saying is that the suggested song is definitely not Glomdoring, however go ahead and disgaree anyway
    That's not what you actually came out and said, though.  Part #2?  Sure, I don't object to that.  I didn't even listen to the song, nor do I really care about it.  The first part, on the other hand?  That's a really sweeping statement that I feel just does not fit.
  • Iytha's psychodrama theme song:

• edited September 2014

A silent Serenwilde.

(I found this composer some time ago. Some hypnotizing stuff :D)
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • edited September 2014

The English version because the lyrics are so appropriate for the Ice Angels and their related Trill NPCs. Could apply to all of Icewynd really.

'Heaven must be hell in the sky."

'They're fading souls who've turned to ice.'
    Retired.

• Do I think Yuno Gasai is an archetypal scarlet-poppy Mysrai worshipper? The answer is a resounding yes.

• Czigany Wayfaire in town?

Retired.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Found one for @Maligorn from the body of pretty well known classical music. It's flighty, but stately, and appropriately extraterrestrially themed.

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • REEEEVVVVOOOOLLLT!!

• After a very deep conversation about Glomdoring I recognized this as the appropriate theme song.

Everything Is AWESOME!!! -- The LEGO® Movie -- Te…:
  • Daganev said:
    After a very deep conversation about Glomdoring I recognized this as the appropriate theme song. Everything Is AWESOME!!! 
    Already posted on another thread, but it is an awesome song indeed.
    Retired.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    The Manifestation of Mother Moon

@Isluna keeping the new Spiritsingers calm while we wait for some higher ups to appear.

• @Marcella found this and linked it to me, and I think it's divine. Morevoer, it has a Hallifaxian house in its title. And Wind.

• Not only that, Shevat is the name of the floating crystal city in that game.

Hmmm.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    It's not too far-fetched to imagine Estarra was a Xenogear's fan while developing the original lore for Lusternia!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

• Current theme for Arien.
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • Seren, off and on over the past ten years:

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Lately

• That's really depressing
  • I like to imagine Asatir would be a bit of a music snob, partial to classical, waltzes, and other high-culture stuff of that stort. But with a decidedly viscanti/evil bent to it.

Picturing him sitting in the library reading up on war strategy while something like this plays in the background.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    @Mysrai, and Gaudiguch as a whole to some extent.

#i'mnotsorry
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    I imagine Selenity to be this, at least, to those in the Serenwilde!

• edited November 2014
    Kurut lately... (complete with all of her not-so-hidden crazy)

I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.