Influence with the Undead

2»

Comments

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Haezon said:

EDIT: Plus, I seem to recall it is possible to influence Angkrag, it would just take a very very long time. Just influencing the same denizen over and over multiple times is possible to make it happen.
    No. It is literally impossible for a living person without necromancy or a crow cloak to influence a dead denizen. Unless you're suggesting we should have to influence all of the unnamed orcs to take the village instead of the named denizens which are mostly undead...then yeah, no.
    That's what Celest did before we got our hands on some sweet crow cloaks.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • I'm all for making lichdom not require megalith power to receive and instead taking an AGREE from the recipient or whatever, but viscanti are suffering enough as it is. Additional influencing malus for using one of my trans skills? Pls no.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Kalnid said:
    I'm all for making lichdom not require megalith power to receive and instead taking an AGREE from the recipient or whatever, but viscanti are suffering enough as it is. Additional influencing malus for using one of my trans skills? Pls no.
    Please do this. I want to be a lich.

Another alternative, if you want to give crow cloaks and lichdom influencing bonuses to undead without making this unbalanced would be to give every org a comparable bonus to village influencing in one related village. Make it an item so that it can get passed on to allies if politics demands it, too. Hallifax might get an item that boosts their influencing in Talthos, Seren in Estelbar, Gaudi in Dairuchi and so forth. This keeps things roughly even by giving everyone a home field advantage somewhere while maintaining the fluff aspects of the skills and without needing to give a nerf to being undead.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I -think- I hit 20cha as an irontongue viscanti with all the buffs I could come up with (including a TF AND I have vanity endowment). I look at warbling trill and I cry bitter, bitter tears.

I'll think about a productive reply perhaps at some point, but I agree with what Llandros said. We do have a lot of malus type things working against us often in the undead camp, maybe it actually -is- balanced to give us a perk!

• That's not possible. Viscanti start with 10 charisma, and an irontongue gets +2 unweighted. At 12 base charisma, the highest possible charisma (hard capped) achievable by stacking weighted stat buffs is 17. A demigod can go up to 19, period. End of story. All other viscanti have a hard cap at 15 (17 for demigods).

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Isn't Argleblaster unweighted?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I thought TF was unweighted as well?
  • No, both of those are weighted. The only unweighted stat buffs are titan and demigod, and race specializations. (Also the illithoid/kephera cycle buff, but that's only for those two races.) No other buffs are unweighted.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Viscanti is a joke anyways.

People would always say that Irontongue Viscanti are good, look at the bonuses and the Cha they can get. They have less Cha, less Con, less resistances than a Brewmeister Dwarf (which all combat bards should basically be). They have less cha, heal less, and are slower than a Faeling. They have lass cha than an unspecced Trill. And for Geos or Nihilist? Even worse than an Irontongue, there is never any reason to be a Viscanti other than RP.

As Neos pointed out, Celest was able to claim the village by influencing only the named villagers. A way to help would be to kill all the undead dwarf miners, turn them into living miners, and then you are only left with only 2 skeleton guards per named Viscanti.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • This isn't really a thread about fairness in village influencing, else we'd also be talking about how speed and power during village influencing should be based entirely on CR.
  • I just think people are just adding to insult to injury. It's not enough a crow cloak got sold/given/stolen, but now people are complaining about them. Don't complain about things you use dummies :P
    Retired.