Artist Appreciation!

edited June 2017 in The Real World
From time to time I like to seek out artists for gallery gawking and private commission purposes. Anndd I thought I might share some of my favourites. Anyone else have awesome artists they admire or love to work with? (Can be Lusternian or otherwise). Can also include crafts, music, culinary! Everything is art right?  XD

For me it's

Brenda Lyons - The very first artist I ever commissioned. She does amazing wildlife art.

Phoenix Lu - Chinese artist, specializes in character portraits and asian themed art. Did my character portrait of Orventa!

Lew Lashmit - Specializes in realistic renditions of imaginary creatures/monsters/pre historic and speculative evolution beasties. Also planning on working with him soon.

Tracy Butler - Artist for Lackadaisy webcomic, also specializes in text to visual

Eric Williams - Acclaimed artist, does art for games, comics

Josh Stover -  Illustrator and muralist

And can't forget the lovely Feyrll!

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I don't normally pay a lot of attention to specific artists, but Frank Frazetta is likely my favorite.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited July 2017
    I know this thread is an oldie, but I'm bringing it back because I have to rave about this artist I found. I absolutely love their character designs and style. They've been working on world building for a while and it's really satisfying and refreshing to see all inclusive characters.

Nafisah Tung's World

Their Portfolio and contact deets

Tumblr

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
  • I like a lot of artists, but one that comes to mind immediately is Oliver Sin. I'm blown away at his skill with vine charcoal, a very difficult medium for most of us. And Evgeni Koroliov's skill with hair, in particular, amazes me. I find artists like these inspirational and even educational.
  • I am fond of Tom Siddell's (artist/creator of Gunnerkrigg court) work and I have a small canvas painting of Coyote from that webcomic that I'm very fond of. Also a massive fan of the comic artist Tula Lotay, and have this alternate cover she did for the Wicked and the Divine that tends to be given first place upon our walls:

Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • Ahh that reminds me I need to catch up on Wicked + Divine!

• Just a general FYI, this artist just opened their commission slots! If you like having character work done, or need help solidifying your char concept etc. They also do sketches and more detailed painterly style ( examples, prices etc. after the jump). 

>>Here<<

• A new Artist I'd like to share Sephiramy, their details below! Available for character portraits!

>Here<