Random questions from an old bear

Hi!
I have a few questions, if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

1. What is the name of the new web client so I can search for scripts for it? I assume it's not called Nexus anymore? (mudlet isn't an option, requiring desktop clients was one of the main reasons I stopped playing)
2. Are there scripts floating around for the new web client, or do I need to start them? (mainly looking for influence and bashing/curing)  Though curing is less important with the new overhaul happening!
3. Is 280 speed on a weapon, with the other stats not mattering much,  still the best for bashing?  
4. Is a high precision, high speed, and low damage still the best setup for weapons?
5. Where is the best place for a level 87 ebongaurd with all skills transcendant and tons of random artifacts, to gain gold and levels?  

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• 1-2. I don't know.

3. Max speed, everything else into damage.
    4. Yep.
    5. There are lots of new demigod-level bashing areas. Lirangsha, the Gutter...Astral works too. Aetherbashing? Artifacts should let you be able to bash in places as a warrior.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Definitely the Gutter, for new areas. Bring a cutting weapon specifically.
  • Oops, three more questions.  It turns out I have trained both Cavalier and bonecrusher, as well as Night and Crow. I also have a doctor's chord, and a I see a changelog about defences clearing when you swtich skills...
    1. Should I stick with Cavalier or Bonecrusher?
    2. How can I best use Night and Crow together?
    3. Should I trade in weapon runes on my "bashing weapons" for a whip?  If so, which whip?
  • edited September 2014
    Divinus whip has given me the most mileage, because some of the best end-game bashing areas are weak to divinus. Astral, gutter, muud, catacombs and the evil side of lirangsha. There are very few areas that are resistant to divinus as well, which means even for areas that are not weak, you'll at least still be doing neutral damage with it.

Cavalier is very popular in pvp because it has some really nice moves that help build wounds. It is also the more useful out of all the warrior specs for bashing, because you can swing for full blunt damage or jab for full cutting damage, without needing to switch weapons, and without losing spec effectiveness. Two-handed spec means it loses out on bashing effectiveness when compared with one-handed specs, though.

You can't keep defences when you switch skills, so there's no way to use night and crow together. Night is generally seen to be the superior skill for warrior pvp, with crow giving situational abilities.

The normal web client is on the lusternian website, there's no "name" for it. http://client.lusternia.com/

I've not looked around for scripts for it, I guess Achaea would have a few, you might need to tweak them a bit to use them for lusternia. Generally speaking, there's server-side health curing in lusternia now, so bashing will be no problem. There's just no server-side aff curing, so you'll need to do some poking around to set up the webclient to do it for you. It supports scripts, iirc, so you can theoretically do the same things on it as you do on mudlet, maybe?

• edited September 2014
    Is influencing still capped out effectively at level 80 compared to bashing?

And how do I look around for scripts if the client has no name? :(
  • No, there's something new called "ikons" in the game. They can be bought with credits, with gold, traded with players, or gotten as rewards for doing quests. These ikons are primarily supposed to be used in a card-game like minigame. However, they can also be "consumed" to give an exp boost for a short while that affects only influencing. The rarest ikons (legendary rarity) can give up to 100% exp bonus. If you stack this with other exp bonuses, like lips, goldentonics (can be bought from player shops) or achievement exp boosts, you can get a great deal of exp very quickly through influencing.

Some people get demigod with only influencing, and buying ikons.

• edited September 2014
    It's called the html5 game client, I think. And uhh, I can't remember if there was a repository of scripts for it on the IRE site, but you can try poking around the achaea forums. Possibly, you could cobble together something elementary: http://client.lusternia.com/help/

Affliction messages (config affmessages on) can help make coding for afflictions simpler, though right now, there's still a load of afflictions, ideally, once the new overhaul is complete, you should have a lot less afflictions to deal with.

• Ok, so if I really don't want to bash for some reason, I can do a bunch of stuff which will allow me to influence my way to demigod, but otherwise, bashing is the fastest way"

html5 game client, great!   I'm rather surprised it doesn't have it's own "here is our official client" support forum.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    For bashing weapons, max speed in increments of 10, rest in damage.

For PK, 220-230 (assuming Aslaran/Faeling) speed, rest in prec with damage as your dump stat.

I'd recommend Astral and the Gutter, if Climanti Past were still open I'd go there too, avoid Lirangsha, the mobs have a tendancy to swarm and burst.

I'd go with Cavalier, if you decide not to invest in a whip you've access to cutting and blunt for bashing, and it's one of the more popular/mechanically viable specs for PK.

Since the change to classflex and defence retention, use Crow to maintain a Totem, use Night for everything else.

If you aren't going to be using those runes in PK sure, get a Divinus whip, it'll be useful just about everywhere worth bashing.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Hi Karlach, thanks for the input.   
    Here are my current weapons:

It is a two-handed weapon. (bardiche)
    Damage: 80  Precision: 533  Speed: 210
    There are no poisons or magical effects on Gib's Longing.

It is a one-handed weapon. (flail)
    Damage: 180  Precision: 98  Speed: 185
    It has a Great Rune of the Jagged Lightning attached to it (#36720).
    There are no poisons or magical effects on Urlach's Heart.

It is a one-handed weapon. (hammer)
    Damage: 38  Precision: 210  Speed: 230
    It has a Great Rune of the Puissant Knight attached to it (#27276).
    There are no poisons or magical effects on Aynaral, the Merciless.

It is a one-handed weapon. (hammer)
    Damage: 38  Precision: 210  Speed: 230
    It has a Great Rune of the Puissant Knight attached to it (#30876).
    There are the following poisons or magical effects on Elyks, Shadow of the Dusk:
    1) dulak

It is a one-handed weapon. (morningstar)
    Damage: 75  Precision: 213  Speed: 205
    It has a Great Rune of the Cosmic Knight attached to it (#32093).
    There are the following poisons or magical effects on Elyahs, Wyrden Perfection:
    1) chansu

It is a one-handed weapon. (flail)
    Damage: 180  Precision: 98  Speed: 185
    It has a Great Rune of the Jagged Lightning attached to it (#78653).
    There are no poisons or magical effects on Klangar's Fury.

It is a one-handed weapon. (morning star)
    Damage: 75  Precision: 213  Speed: 205
    It has a Great Rune of the Cosmic Knight attached to it (#100224).
    There are the following poisons or magical effects on Sohtnex, the Spider:
    1) senso

I also have 2 great runes of the cosmic champion, and 2 great runes of the cosmic knight that were removed from a weapon I had that apparently was bugged and was illegally runed.

What do you recommend?
    edited September 2014
    If you intend to PK, throw everything on a combat bardiche, and trade in the excess, also go with fire runes over lightning.

Otherwise if you don't intend to PK, get a whip.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly.  I should forge a weapon that is 80/425/230, remove the runes from my bonecrusher weapons, apply the largest runes to that new weapon, and then trade in the rest for whip? And if I have left over credits, turn in my lightning runes for fire runes?
    Forge 200 speed, you're going to get 10 from runes, 10 from coal runes and 10 from nightkiss.

Otherwise, yes.

• Karlach said:
    Forge 200 speed, you're going to get 10 from runes, 10 from coal runes and 10 from nightkiss.

Otherwise, yes.
    Hmm, so that would make it, 80/490/200 and in the end it will be, 110/540/230 + 10% wound bonus + fire damage,  but my current weapon with all the runes on it, is 120/577/230 ?  So that's a 6% decrease to get a 10% increase?

Am I missing something?
    Yes, runes aren't a flat 5/5/5 on 2h weapons per level, they're 5/5.5/2.5 so two L1 runes gives 10/11/5 for a pair. L2 runes are 20/22/10

Nightkiss and coal runes give 20/21/10 each.

• Are level 3 runes worth it?  I can trade in all my weapon runes and get vernal wounding and vernal stat runes with the other credits I just won.

It turns out I have a pretty nasty .2 second constant lag due to my location and internet.  Is that going to hinder me too much?  
  • Latency happens. Nothing much you can do about it. It probably won't make too much of a difference, though you might find yourself being a little more "unlucky" with rebounds than other warriors or that sort of thing. I've never been a warrior, but I play from the Oceanic region, so I have no idea how it is like to play the game without latency.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I'd hold off on level 3's until the overhaul is done...until then, level 2's are not that much worse.
  • Daganev said:

It turns out I have a pretty nasty .2 second constant lag due to my location and internet.  Is that going to hinder me too much?  
    A good ping for me is in the region of 0.308 seconds, give or take on spikes.
    Is also the Shintar.