What are you watching?

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm watching The Office again for the zillionth time. I don't know why, but I love this show.

• Recently finished The Paradise. I love me some costume drama. This one however actually has some strong feminist ideas behind it, quite revolutionary but fitting for the era it is set in. Things like if a married woman should give up her job because it was expected of her. I think it made for some refreshing depth as too many costume dramas just follow the romantic ideals of that time. 

Now watching Orphan Black. Story starts with a woman watching the suicide of someone who looks eerily like her. And the woman decides to take over the other one's identity. And then things just get really deep.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited October 2014
    Rialorm said:
    Now watching Orphan Black. Story starts with a woman watching the suicide of someone who looks eerily like her. And the woman decides to take over the other one's identity. And then things just get really deep.
    You've barely scratched the surface of how deep things get.

I started watching Constantine which looks to be good, Grimm is back, I still need to catch up on Hannibal. Walking Dead was added to my list, Legend of Korra last season, Gotham.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Now binge watching Mad Men, How to Get Away with Murder, and Once Upon a Time.

Have been told The Paradise is good, @Rialorm. Might check it out. :)
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Isune said:

Now binge watching Mad Men, How to Get Away with Murder, and Once Upon a Time.

Can you believe that Emma and the Ice Queen... You know...!? I can't believe they ended the episode like that!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Once Upon A Time was never not ridiculous enough for me to enjoy, but I have a personal vendetta against it since learning they cast a human as Robin Hood instead of an actual fox. What a wasted opportunity.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited October 2014
    Free month Netflix trial so I'm watching all the episodes I can of Star Trek TNG. oh my god, if you want to build a deep and meaningful character just watch a few episodes. The writing is incredible and the different character perceptions are great. TNG has always been my favourite Star Trek series and I recommend it to everyone.
    Retired.
  • Selenity said:

Can you believe that Emma and the Ice Queen... You know...!? I can't believe they ended the episode like that!
    (I'm only on season 3!)
    Isune said:
    Selenity said:

(I'm only on season 3!)

Sorry!
    edited October 2014
    I want to disagree with your stance on Netflix but I'm totally on board with your stance on Star Trek TNG.
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    I want to disagree with your stance on Netflix but I'm totally on board with your stance on Star Trek TNG.

Ok so I'll say it here. Netflix is not great :p
    Retired.
  • Neos said:
    Rialorm said:
    You've barely scratched the surface of how deep things get.

Oh, I know, but I didn't want to spoil :) Halfway season 2 now. I have to stop myself from binging.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Been watching Bones on Netflix. It's sort of the same old people investigating crimes with a new approach to it. Loving the main characters, so I guess that's something.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Elanorwen said:
    Been watching Bones on Netflix. It's sort of the same old people investigating crimes with a new approach to it. Loving the main characters, so I guess that's something.
    Have you met Sweets yet? He's awesome.
    Selenity said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Oh, when I go on watching, I tend to watch fast. I'm somewhere mid-season 7 at this point in time. So yeah... definitely met Sweets. Not really my kind of character though. I'll take Brennan over him any day.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Elanorwen said:
    Selenity said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Oh, when I go on watching, I tend to watch fast. I'm somewhere mid-season 7 at this point in time. So yeah... definitely met Sweets. Not really my kind of character though. I'll take Brennan over him any day.
    RPer of a Hallifaxian likes Brennan. I find this greatly amusing. My second favorite is probably Zach, though. Is Brennan actually your favorite, or do you just prefer her over Sweets?
    Selenity said:
    RPer of a Hallifaxian likes Brennan. I find this greatly amusing. My second favorite is probably Zach, though. Is Brennan actually your favorite, or do you just prefer her over Sweets?
    Definitely my favorite. She really has the whole... awkward scientist thing going... plus she can kick some behind when required, so yeah.

• Two greedy italians. It's a cooking show hosted by two grumpy old men who are the bestest of friends.

(incidentally, they're adorable and how I imagine @Turnus and @Everiine interact, except instead of food they bond over blood and violence)
    is dead like the dodo
  • Time for a classic: I am finally watching Twin Peaks. Amused by the goofy 80s hairstyles and the fact everyone smokes like it is the most normal thing to do. But it has gotten to my feels already, I just feel the acting is somehow at the same time a bit forced but then also characters express emotions in ways that seem more authentic. Also stuff has started to go weird, which I was told it would.
  • I've begun watching Gotham. It's pretty good, and it has some good writing, but so far Cobblepot's character appears more better written and enjoyable, and more interesting, than the main protagonists, in my opinion. The other side-characters also seem far more interesting. I don't know if it's intentional, but either way, it's a good show.
    Retired.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Rialorm said:
    Time for a classic: I am finally watching Twin Peaks. Amused by the goofy 80s hairstyles and the fact everyone smokes like it is the most normal thing to do. But it has gotten to my feels already, I just feel the acting is somehow at the same time a bit forced but then also characters express emotions in ways that seem more authentic. Also stuff has started to go weird, which I was told it would.
    Yes! A coworker recently forced me to start watching, it's so wonderful.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    House of Cards, this show is pretty amazing and incredibly aptly named.

• I'm on an anime kick, been watching Spice and Wolf for the first time recently and re-watched FLCL.

Also on the list to watch are:

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (only seen bits and pieces and want to watch the full series)
    Bleach (because you're never done watching bleach)
    Cowboy Bebop (Probably my favorite anime, like, ever)
    Space Dandy (Watched all of season 1 as soon as they aired but fell off the wagon with season 2)
    Dragonball (I'm one of the weird folks that likes the original better than Z)
    Soul Eater (seen probably about the first half already)
    Neon Genesis Evangelion (Even despite the ending it's still probably the best mech anime of its time)
  • Asatir said:
    I'm on an anime kick, been watching Spice and Wolf for the first time recently and re-watched FLCL.

Also on the list to watch are:

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (only seen bits and pieces and want to watch the full series)
    Bleach (because you're never done watching bleach)
    Cowboy Bebop (Probably my favorite anime, like, ever)
    Space Dandy (Watched all of season 1 as soon as they aired but fell off the wagon with season 2)
    Dragonball (I'm one of the weird folks that likes the original better than Z)
    Soul Eater (seen probably about the first half already)
    Neon Genesis Evangelion (Even despite the ending it's still probably the best mech anime of its time)
    No One Piece? Are you mad? It is now going to be the longest running and biggest selling, soon, manga of all time.
    Retired.
    Full Metal Alchemist (Brotherhood included) is all you need. It doesn't get any better than that. :x
    I used to make cakes.

• I'm more surprised that Akira isn't on the list.  That was required watching when I was in high-school.
  • Daganev said:
    I'm more surprised that Akira isn't on the list.  That was required watching when I was in high-school.

You just went full vintage. Akira wasnt that great, Ninja Scroll and Animatrix were better watching back then. Ah, that was a time, when anime was still comsidered exotic.
    Retired.
  • edited November 2014
    Akira was awesome, but hard to understand.  Ninja scroll was good too, and wasn't animatrix like 20 years later? I remember when that came out. oy!

Now I want to go watch the original Ghost in the Shell....

Akira - 1988 Damn! Ninja Scroll - 1993, Animatrix 2003  So ok only 10 years later.  
  • Daganev said:
    Akira was awesome, but hard to understand.  Ninja scroll was good too, and wasn't animatrix like 20 years later? I remember when that came out. oy!

Now I want to go watch the original Ghost in the Shell....

Akira - 1988 Damn! Ninja Scroll - 1993, Animatrix 2003  So ok only 10 years later.  
    Ghost in the Shell is boss, I have both movies on DVD. Superb writing, and you know it was used as inspiration for the Matrix. I recommend everyone watches it, it does the philosophy well.

Alongside other anime/manga you should watch: Angel Cop, Death Note (Love it) and Baccano. So much love for Baccano.
    Retired.