War of the Wheel Ends!

The War of the Wheel has concluded! I hope you all enjoyed the event that sprawled throughout the past year! I especially hope you like the latest chapter in Lusternia's history released at the death of the Last Goloth. Who knows what more could be learned if he were ever to come back fully in power! And now.... Ascension, baby!

Comments

• I loooove the new lore that was introduced.
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • Now that the Dames are sealed away, can we have the new mage/druid primary skills? Please with chocolate on top?
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    You know, I really sort of disliked this event from the get-go. It was a little hard to follow and sink my teeth into, but it all came together in a way that sort of mystifies me. Very well done, I look forward to whatever's next!

And yes, the lore is absolutely wonderful. I couldn't be happier <3

BIG thank you to everyone that made it happen, keep up the good work!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    The book is really great...but it doesn't say what the Goloth is. And the elders just go 'The Last Goloth is evil'.

• I never realized how long the Vernal wars were. They must have gone for at least 1,000 years.

• Qistrel said:
    The book is really great...but it doesn't say what the Goloth is. And the elders just go 'The Last Goloth is evil'.
    Yeah, that is a mystery! One wonders how to find out more of what a Goloth is...
    >:)

A Goloth is a type of cheese

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Orti said:

A Goloth is a type of cheese
    You're thinking of Gorgonzola.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm dying to know what happened! Fill the blanks please? /rushes the announce poster along as politely as possible.

Qistrel said:
    Read the (almost) completed Wheel prophecy, Hiriako posted it to the public news! It quite plainly says what the Goloths are :P

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    Qistrel said:
    Read the (almost) completed Wheel prophecy, Hiriako posted it to the public news! It quite plainly says what the Goloths are :P
    Can you post it here on the forums? I don't want to log in again and look for it

Ain't nobody got time for that

You got time.

-

• I'm sad I missed the latter half of the event. It's also always great to learn more about Vernals who were not of the nine that became Avechna.

That says what they do (lead the dominators) not what they are. :P Still don't know if they're krokani transformed into Crazen's variant of undead, or something else.

But I did really enjoy the book. Now we know more about Il'vania, yay.

I would assume they're just more badass Dominators. Did anyone bother to take a look at Maxyenka while we were being led to the slaughter?

-

edited January 2013
    Orti said:
    Eritheyl said:
    Qistrel said:
    Can you post it here on the forums? I don't want to log in again and look for it

Ain't nobody got time for that
    You can read the news online.

log in at http://lusternia.com then direct your browser to http://lusternia.com/game/news and click the appropriate section

Also this was Maxyenka's description:

Nearing fifteen feet in height and with a torso as thick as a pillar of stone, the Goloth Maxyenka
    crackles with a terrible, psionic energy. Armoured in thick black metal that shines with a dark
    lustre, the Goloth's great limbs are as thick as trees, the dark alien metal concealing them
    shifting in plates as the massive, muscular form beneath flexes them in use. Cropped black hair
    hangs across his broad, thick forehead, a single, burning eye gazing out from beneath it. Descending
    from his shoulders, a long golden cloak of fine material drapes across the Goloth's back, whipping
    about occasionally in a violent explosion of psionic energy. All about the massive Goloth Maxyenka
    hangs a volatile and explosive presence of energy, barely contained psionic power riding upon waves
    of raw, manifested malevolence and terrible, cosmic power.

• Still not sure about the wheel and the goloths :/

Want to know...

Betting I can't do anything in game to find out.

• Oh right.

Bee tee dubs, have we killed "the Undying One". He's supposed to be above all of the Goloths

• I had a great deal of fun between soul rips and dying to large stacks of dominators. Even still though I felt like i wasn't all together too useful, which always gets me down with big events like this. Seems like the demigods and ascendants get most of the fame and glory. Not at all complaining as I haven't figured out how to effectively use my time to level up to demigod yet, so it's completely my fault, but the sentiment still stands.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
    So...seems that the dominators were krokani that were sight-enslaved by Crazen. They should have died when Shanth imprisoned Him, but they escaped by using the Wheel to hide outside of time. Either the other Goloths didn't make it through the Wheel before Crazen was imprisoned, or Maxyenka was already the Last Goloth at this point. Perhaps the Vernal Gods or the tae'dae Knights of Shallah took out the other Goloths before this.

Then somehow, the dominators managed to return to the basin without dying, though they needed something (a 'cure') to make it possible for Maxyenka to return to the basin and not die.

The Goloths might be to Crazen as Ice Angels are to Zenos?

I don't know where the Wheel itself came from, cause I didn't think the Soulless Gods were big on making stuff. And I'm not sure if the Goloths were Undying Ones before Crazen was imprisoned, or if Maxyenka only became known as that because he had escaped through the Wheel.

Majanishi said:
    I had a great deal of fun between soul rips and dying to large stacks of dominators. Even still though I felt like i wasn't all together too useful, which always gets me down with big events like this. Seems like the demigods and ascendants get most of the fame and glory. Not at all complaining as I haven't figured out how to effectively use my time to level up to demigod yet, so it's completely my fault, but the sentiment still stands.
    I know how you feel, I used to feel that way myself when I was in the lower circles, things do occasionally pop up though that lower circle players can have roles in or participate in, probably the best place for such things seems to be in Divine Orders, though that is just personal speculation in that respect.

• @Kagato: Yeah I totally agree. It was on a much smaller scale, but I was able to participate in some sweet RP and event stuff when Lady Maylea's temple was being built, and just recently with a different Order event that was fairly small, but still rewarding. It was actually the first time I had interacted with an NPC that was being controlled by a God, and I was able to deduce (however simple the deduction was) what to do.

I guess I'm just kind of flustered at the learning curve for "hardcore bashing" or "hardcore influencing". I'm currently level 79 and have been grinding up from 0% 78 for the last 3 real life weeks and have only made it to about 30%. Even as a warrior with surge etc., I find it very difficult to hunt places that give decent experience, and that's with being a human which ups the experience I get. At this point though, linked astral and Icewynd only gives me about .2% per kill and it takes a good deal of time to kill them solo. Those mobs are tough enough to where I am close to dying the whole fight, which is a great challenge, but ultimately very nervewracking, especially in Icewynd as I don't think you conglut.

I just recently started influencing and make about .2% from each of the guards in Serenwilde, but it still feels rather unimpressive. Thankfully I only had to get influence up to master to be able to fairly easily empower the guards, and it's likely how I'll level for a bit, but I'm very worried because I'm set up right now to almost max experience gain without artifacts or Wheel buffs (Harmony, Human) and I still feel like it's already creeping along really slowly. What's the 98-99 grind going to be like? .001% per kill/influenced target?

Very sorry to hijack but I've been thinking about this for awhile.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    edited January 2013
    There is no "maximum" bonus that you can gain, almost every type of experience boost can be stacked.  The highest I ever got it was 600% and that was in my 99-demigod grind.

50% from Harmony Karma
    200% from Legendary Ikon  (influencing only boost)
    100% from Goldentonic
    100% from Kiss of the Fates
    100% from Silvertongue
    50% from... I think it was freezetag.

(If you were to time it for during a great hunt, you'd also have that on top of any other bonuses, allowing for an even more massive boost)

Even with all those I was getting 0.7% of a circle from a priestess if I remember correctly.

There is no denying it is a long path and it can seem a bit daunting, but it is definitely doable with some perserverence.  Doing things like Aetherhunts can speed things up quite a bit though.

• edited January 2013
    If Aurelia is not going to be in the local area of Lirangsha as she is not presently, please make someone else the area's amnesty leader. Thank you.

*********************POLITICS OF THE LIRANGSHA RETREAT*********************
             Sphere of Influence:
                  Village Leader: High Elder Aurelia Serrano
                      Serenwilde: Neutral
                      Glomdoring: Neutral
                          Celest: Neutral
                       Magnagora: Neutral
                       Gaudiguch: Neutral
                        Hallifax: Neutral
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • On the topic of bashing, don't track your progress by mobs. Track them by areas. If you're serious about getting demi within a reasonable amount of time (a couple of RL months) you'll need to set up a decent bashing routine (at least an hour or two a day) and stick to it. I won't go into more detail here, there's a bashing thread out there somewhere, and you can ask for other advice from your mates IG too.

For this specific event, just being a demigod probably doesn't afford much advantage. At least, from what I observed when I was around. I'm not sure how the latter part went, but as far as bashing the dominators went, it isn't meant to be done solo by anyone, especially not with stacks of 20 dominators or more.

• edited January 2013
    Yeah agreed about not intended to be soloed, but the influencing of the denizens in Lirangasha Retreat was way too difficult for me, granted I only have 13 charisma and no skills to buff that except a karma blessing. I also missed most of this event and only really caught todays, which seems to have been the tail end.

I hadn't thought about looking through here or the oldforums for bashing threads. Maybe I'll look for those. I do generally try to clear out Icewynd and Astral as many times a day as possible, but being Seren I am occasionally target of Glom attacks on Astral if I'm up there alone, so that presents a problem.

Also:
    50% from Harmony Karma can get easily
    200% from Legendary Ikon  (influencing only boost), no idea how to obtain this, but would love it
    100% from Goldentonic, really expensive and rare if I'm not mistaken.
    100% from Kiss of the Fates, credits, can't afford
    100% from Silvertongue, Illuminati, right? Don't have

I know there are other things to gather and that I should really consider buying credits to fuel my path to demi, but sadly I can't afford them at this time.

• On the topic of the dominators and whatnot, where is this new area located?
    I was told southwest of the Basin, which makes some sense regarding the location of the tae'dae cavalier's base in the Great Pass. But not sure where Lirangsha is  exactly...is it up high in the mountains, or past the edge of the Skarch Desert?

• As an additional note, I find it hilarious that the leader of Lirangsha is called Aurelia Serrano. Serrano is such a common last name in spanish. And Aurelia is not an uncommon name either.