XML Map

So I've noticed that the "new" farmers market still isn't in the XML map, nor is the new laboratory. Is this just an oversight, or is the XML map no longer supported? I filed a bug about the market a couple of days after it was released (which was... six or so months ago?), but nothing really came of that bug.

Comments

• These might need to be exported manually, I can't remember. I'll look into it when I'm home this evening.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Looks like some maps weren't approved with the area releases, should be fixed on the few I found. If you find any others like this, send me a message with a room number of a room on the map and I'll get them fixed up.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • What is the XML map?
  • http://www.lusternia.com/maps/map.xml

A 4.5MB XML file with all (or nearly all) mapped rooms in it. A few areas are excluded, such as the Havens and the orgbix rooms.
  • Oh my that's awesome.
  • edited November 2014
    It's not "live" though, so to speak, but rather seems to be updated once or twice a day. For instance, the changes that Ieptix mentioned earlier went into the map within the last couple of hours.

EDIT: Of course, the only real effect that has is that it will take at least that long before new areas are added to the map.
  • edited November 2014
    No, but it allows you to make some awesome scripts about how much of each area you have explored, and also to know which places you have not seen yet.

Is this what the html5 client uses to display the map?
  • Possibly, yeah. Haven't really used (or dissected it) enough to say for sure. I know the old Java-client used pre-renedered images with maps, so it might use something similar.
  • Is this different from the map file that Mudlet uses? Because I know some areas are still missing in there or incomplete.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.