Simple Ideas

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Shaddus said:
    Every other IRE game has varying versions of this.
    And there's the death knell to that idea.
  • Shh don't say the others do it, we are supposed to be different >~>

It's true, I really am you.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods

Which is an insane concept, if it has any merit. Until proven otherwise, I'm going to assume that nothing useful is ever turned down because some other game also has it, because that makes no sense and it's only polite to assume that other people have sense.

RPWHO is cribbed straight from Achaea. I saw it there, saw the benefits of it, saw how those benefits would work here, suggested it based on results from another IRE and voilà.   
  • Since it's in the Best of does that mean it is coming?

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I don't disagree that having an emote system overhaul (likely post combat system overhaul) wouldn't be an awesome thing.  Hell, we've been asking for it on these forums since 2012, and I could likely go digging through the old forums and find it there to.  Quick search gave me the four following threads, and I could probably go digging for more if I really felt like it.

http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/444/emoting-and-saying-improvements

But hey, hopefully we manage to finally get the admins to come through on this once they're done with the combat overhaul.  Or, at least, elicit an agreement to have the system looked at.
  • Drop combat redo

Boost RPz

• Naime said:
    Drop combat redo Boost RPz
    Finish overhaul, boost RP seems more feasible and honestly what I'd like more too. They don't have to be mutually exclusive. We'll have to wait a bit sure, but the overhaul should really help the game retain more new players which statistically means more RP.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • No, redo combat. Make it easier, I want a chance to grief too...
  • edited November 2014
    Aethercraft pilot command that will trade speed (75%?) to negate the chance to spawn a creature during travel. Reason for this is that when you're about to reach a pivotal location and are attempting to slow down/dock/etc., it is rather annoying when a creature suddenly spawns and you have to try and shake it off or kill it.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Arcanis said:
    Aethercraft pilot command that will trade speed (75%?) to negate the chance to spawn a creature during travel. Reason for this is that when you're about to reach a pivotal location and are attempting to slow down/dock/etc., it is rather annoying when a creature suddenly spawns and you have to try and shake it off or kill it.
    If you're going to slow down, chances are you're about to go off in another direction anyways, or can just move yourself a little to one side and drop silentrun. If you're going to dock, you should...just dock. As a long time pilot, I don't find this to be necessary, personally.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • This would've been awesome to have while I mapped aetherspace (hello dragons!). For general flight though... well, I guess I can see a point of it for dragons, since they're so bloody fast, but for the rest? Meh.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    It's be super helpful for solo dust trading. But solo dust trading should be risky.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited November 2014
    Ssaliss said:
    This would've been awesome to have while I mapped aetherspace (hello dragons!). For general flight though... well, I guess I can see a point of it for dragons, since they're so bloody fast, but for the rest? Meh.
    Even here I wouldn't see it being used, since your speed is already -so low- in dragon territory on an average-sized ship. It's a hundred times easier to just glide out the mad dash.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Could we make City/Commune languages a thing? Maybe even (Dis)Order languages, they could require you be of a cult and I guess add them to the ab that you get along with a cult? Just a passing thought. May not be very simple
    The playa you love to hate
  • Drakius said:
    Could we make City/Commune languages a thing? Maybe even (Dis)Order languages, they could require you be of a cult and I guess add them to the ab that you get along with a cult? Just a passing thought. May not be very simple
    Ah, this here would be less of a mechanical concept and more on lore. It simply wouldnt be feasible because there would be no reason, lore-wise, that each city has its own language. Remember, we all live inside the basin, which is basically country-wide. Having each city somehow have its own language would seem unusual. Now the races, that makes sense.

As for Order languages, im not sure. The Divine all have one unique language: Divine language, which is suppose to be ancient and barely used. Bookbinders are the only ones that can learn and use it.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Each org does, lorewise, in my mind, have its own language, sort-of, but only because one race vastly dominated each. The racial dominance isn't really the case anymore, though.

Serenwilde and Glomdoring: Elfen (Elfens and faelings)
    Magnagora: (now) Viscanti
    Gaudiguch: Dracnari
    New Celest: Merian
    Hallifax: Lucidian
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • (Viscanti don't have a language)
  • Eritheyl said:
    Arcanis said:
    If you're going to slow down, chances are you're about to go off in another direction anyways, or can just move yourself a little to one side and drop silentrun. If you're going to dock, you should...just dock. As a long time pilot, I don't find this to be necessary, personally.
    Times when you're looking to slow down or stop at certain locations and remain so: Bombard/flares, Jinsuning a dock, finding a vortex, flashpointing, and so forth.

Yes while I could drop silentrun (which I generally always have up anyway) and then zig zag around until I move the creature away from the location I want to hover in and then make sure it is far enough that it doesnt track back on me, i'd rather wish (thus why I suggested here) that there would be a pilot ability that would prevent all this in the first place by blocking the random spawning of a creature.

Could be something along the lines of

PILOT STEALTH ON/OFF

A large cost to speed, you can move your ship about stealthy, thus avoiding the attraction of any aether creatures.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Kalnid said:
    (Viscanti don't have a language)
    Really? Oops... and I can't think of what race primarily occupied Magnagora before the Fall.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • It was pretty diverse! You had a lot of mugwumps, some merians but definitely not a majority, a bunch of orclach and krokani plus a general smattering of everything else. Didn't have a primary race, in any case.
  • edited November 2014
    Everiine said:
    Kalnid said:
    (Viscanti don't have a language)
    Really? Oops... and I can't think of what race primarily occupied Magnagora before the Fall.
    hmm, an interesting question.

It seems the younger races never really developed a language, which logically would make sense if they can simply pick up on the others around them.

You'll notice that Humans, Viscanti and Faeling do not have a racial language (faeling basically picked up elfen). Illithoid and Kephera have a preference to psionic communication, rather than speech.

As to which race occupied Magnagora, I cant say for certain, but we can eliminate several. Aslaran and Krokani are showed to have lived around the moors even during the Taint wars time. Loboshigaru was said to have lived as nomadic tribes, so they're out too. Dwarves lived in the dwarven kingdoms. Igasho were said to live up in the mountains and rarely seen. Taurian were said to generally avoid groups, such as in cities, and also lived on plains. Elfen, Furrikin and Tae'dae had forests, Dracnari had Gaudiguch, Merian had celest, Lucidian & Trill in Hallifax.

That leaves Orclach and Mugwumps. Orclach were mostly associated with the Ur'guard that were the vanguard of the Empire, but they never mentioned where exactly they were stationed. I suppose we could say Shallach. Mugwumps are the most likely guess i'd say, since they were living in Balach before the soulforge experiment went crazy. I'd have to say Magnagora most likely had a large population of them and orclachs, and a diversity of everything else.

Edit: Additionally, a reason why it cant be humans is because they arrived with Estara, thus they were here after the cities were around.
  • Viscanti aren't sharded from a single god. They are more like a mash up of tainted versions of other races (just more badass, in theory anyway). They don't have a unique ancestry that would lend itself to a shared language.

They didn't spawn from a single point but more like congealed into a race later on in history. They are pretty unique in this aspect.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I realized fairly recently that Serenwilde should almost certainly dislike Humans. Not as much as explicitly tainted or soulless races, but still pretty strongly. Huh.

• Llandros said:
    They are more like a mash up of tainted versions of other races (just more badass, in theory anyway).
    STATISTICS:
    Strength    : 13     Dexterity   : 10     Constitution: 14
    Intelligence: 12     Charisma    : 10     Size        : 13

• edited November 2014
    I have not read it in a while, but if I remember correctly, the historical account of lolipringle has the members of Magnagora being Mugwumps and a metropolitan everything else.  However, based on their stats and the general impression I got, I always thought Viscanti came mostly from Humans, but that goes against the timeline.  

• Maligorn said:

Llandros said:
    They are more like a mash up of tainted versions of other races (just more badass, in theory anyway).
    STATISTICS:
    Strength    : 13     Dexterity   : 10     Constitution: 14
    Intelligence: 12     Charisma    : 10     Size        : 13
    Cruel
    Enyalida said:
    I realized fairly recently that Serenwilde should almost certainly dislike Humans. Not as much as explicitly tainted or soulless races, but still pretty strongly. Huh.
    hmm, can you expand on this?
  • Arcanis said:

Enyalida said:
    hmm, can you expand on this?
    They are not a part of the natural order of the basin.
  • ******************************[ Matching Titles ]******************************
    Book  Type  Access      Author             Title                              
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    12305 SCH   Public***   Dramshanks         The Witches' Stones
    12704 SCH   Public*     Arcanis            Domothean Realms: a Theory
    12906 SCH   Public*[*]  Daganev            The Story of the Ebonglom Wyrdling
    12960 SCH   Public*     Daganev            A Personal Account of the Founding
    *******************************************************************************

Why do rejected books appear as published? The last one was rejected and the only way I know that is because I received a message with the reason why. I'm not sure if it is somehow blocked from accidental prestige submissions, but it is just very confusing. I'd expected to find it with no stars behind it so I'd be alerted to the fact this needs to be submitted again after corrections are made.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I'd rather a special marker for critiqued books rather than leaving them blank, to make sure they don't get confused with unsubmitted books if there's a change in librarians.

I'd also really like it if the critique could remain visible for reference purposes until the book is resubmitted.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.