Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Skunking a person doesn't stop scenting, iirc. Skunking the room does.

For the darts suggestion by shu, just make it a brace of darts with infinite darts inside.

------------
    Hairnet of Transmutation
    Allow use of the transmute ability from athletics.

A multi-coloured rock (dingbat)
    Allows you to SCRAPE ROCK once a game month to get a number of a random tint.
    Possibly allow you to specify what colour tints you want.

A gnomish loudhailer
    Allows you to say in an adjacent room. SPEAK HAILER <dir> <message>
    Optional: Goes through closed doors.

A finkish stethescope
    Gives you access to the Stealth Eavesdrop ability.

A vial of bodyoil
    Apply bodyoil once an IG day for a def that lasts half a day. Makes movement through all special exits take 1s balance if they will otherwise take more. Doesn't change anything if it will normally take less than 1s.

A super huge piece of magic charcoal
    Allows you to BREAK CHARCOAL once an IG day to produce a stack of 5 coal comms.

Not sure if there's already one, can't find it listed anywhere, so if there isn't:
    Some kind of magical gnomish whizbang thing that holds herbs, yeah can't be bothered thinking of more names
    Allows you to TAKE <herb> FROM WHATEVER once an IG day to produce a herb of your choice that can be planted.

• edited January 2013
    Lerad said:
    Skunking a person doesn't stop scenting, iirc. Skunking the room does.

---------------------
    Oh, no. You're right. I got that wrong. Well the idea is that it'd be a non-totems scent defense.

This would be out of the quote box, except I have no idea how to work the forums.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Huge no to the transmute thing.
  • edited January 2013
    Kiradawea said:
    A bottle of Luminol

Shows all the hidden places within a room that can be probed, interacted with, or in other ways frustrate your efforts in doing quests by not being readily apparent.

Because sometimes, probing every word in the long roomdesc isn't enough to find them all.
    Pulling this one back up and out.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Greater Rune of Scrolls: Attaches to a scroll, making it permanent and doubling the charges. The latter isn't that impressive given the regulators, but still.
  • Lesser Seal of <domoth>. Allows demis to buy a single power related to that domoth. Stackable both with itself and the Ascendancy Seals. Would not include any other power of the Ascendancy Seals.
  • Can the auction cartel +1 slot artifact become public? 50 credits apiece?
  • Changeling Model thingy-doodat.

Manse artifact, put it in your manse, you can interact with it and cause it to change shape into any denizen, providing you know their name. Can be used to craft figurines from.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited January 2013
    Lawliet said:
    Changeling Model thingy-doodat.

Manse artifact, put it in your manse, you can interact with it and cause it to change shape into any denizen, providing you know their name. Can be used to craft figurines from.
    Doesn't sit well with me, I can't help but feel that it will render master sketches obsolete since rather than having had the common sense to actually go in and sketch them, all you'll have to do is go to your changeling and command it to change to the Eye of Zenos for example.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I want an artifact that can let you return power to the nexus from your reserves!
  • A flipping coin: A coin that you can flip just like with any sovereign, except that this allows betting.

COINFLIP ROUNDS <#> sets the "best out of" number
    COINFLIP BET <amount of gold> sets the wager amount - set 0 to just have a friendly game.
    COINFLIP CONTEST <person> invites somebody, once you've already set a wager. They'll get a message like "So-and-so challenges you to a coinflip, best 2 out of 3. Type AGREE to accept." Upon acceptance, the flipping will automatically begin, and at the end, gold is automatically distributed.

This isn't necessary at all. FLIP COIN is used rarely enough as it is. I just think it'd be a fun little arte to own. I'd buy it.
  • Sakr said:
    I want an artifact that can let you return power to the nexus from your reserves!
    I like your original sentiment here, but I'm on the fence. This essentially gives coning abilities to to non-Guardians. I'm wary of adding artifacts that give you a skill that other players can have based on their guild choice, but that you don't necessarily have.

What place other than astral can you gather power for yourself? If you're returning power that you drew from the nexus before, why did you draw it to begin with?

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • There's a couple quests that either spawn a power node or give you reserves directly.
  • Oh interesting.. I had no idea. Which ones are they? I'm always low on power...

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    My powerplex jewel generates more power than I actually use, so I could actually generate power for the nexus with that. Don't think that's a common occurrence though.

• Powerplex jewels can be stacked. So it's definitely possible to generate more power than you can use. Allowing it to be put back into the nexii would... probably not go over very well with the admin.

• Majanishi said:
    Oh interesting.. I had no idea. Which ones are they? I'm always low on power...
    Of the top of my head, the Hand of Tzaraziko spawns a power node, and the Asylum quest midway gives you a vial of fragrance that gives you 50% power at the cost of hallucinations.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Generally, nexii don't need more power.
  • Book of Understanding: Read the book once a month for 5 lessons. Costs 500 credits.

Rune of Renewal: 50 credits. Makes an article of clothing non-decay. No added benefits (like the customization option, but you don't need to send in an email for it)

Mold of Creation: Create mold of <creature>, up to 20 uses a month. Allows you to create a mold of a living creature, for the use of designs without needing to grab the corpse.

Manse artifacts:
    Orb of the Spectator: You can rub the orb to see what is happening in any room in prime. The vision lasts 5 minutes and will require a day to recharge. RUB ORB (room number).

Dingbat artifacts:
    Hat of Gnomes: 50 dingbats, makes you look like a gnome

Deerskin coat: 50 dingbats, makes you look like a deer.

Rune of Scholars: Attach this rune to your private bookshelf, and you can checkout books from the World Library in the comfort of your home.

Ironbeard's Cask of Death: Drinking from this cask of alcohol will instantly make you one level more drunk.

Trade artifact:
    Hammer of Heroes: Allows artisans to deconstruct furniture to receive commodities in return.

This should be enough for now.
    Noooo to the orb. The others seem fine, though the free lessons isn't likely to fly, even for a high cost.
  • The lessons artifact WOULD take about 1.5 real life years for it to pay for itself, so it's an extremely steep artifact in my opinion.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Cheaper to buy elite! (and I'm sure they'd prefer you invested in it too).

I like the Rune of Scholars idea.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    No to the Mold, please.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I would love to see an item that expands a lesser amount of demi power weight. 

Normal demi's don't need that much weight to make it worth while since we have fewer choices worth taking.

So you are left with hmm, wish i could just get a few more points or omg what am I going to do with all this stuff.

edited January 2013
    Some of the more basic powers could also see their weight dropped (Choice enter/look/teleport/shout, Typecast, Anchor, and Weatherproof come to mind).
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    And aegis!
  • I would like to ask if the dingbat mines aether silk farm and aether jewel mine can be set to upkeep one additional resource. Right now they are just silk and gems, while the others have between two to three possible sources.

Can the silk upkeep wax as well, as a far shot?

And can the gems upkeep something else as well?

One of the reasons why the commodity costs for designs went up was because of the large amount of commodities. While a small portion of the player base may have the mines needed, an additional resource that can be upkept would make sure we don't have excess gems for instance.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Aetheric Flare (WIP): Deploys a flare to your location that magnifies the resonance of the Aether strands that lead to you. Any who teleport to this location do so for the cost of only 1 power. The effect lasts one Lusternian day, usable once a Lusternian month.

The flavour text needs a bit of an overhaul but you get the idea. Once a month everyone can teleport to you for 1 power instead of 3, just really a convenience tool for those times when you expect a lot of people to be teleporting to you, raising the Throne etc.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Chameleon Skin Sutra: An ancient Loboshigaru scroll which allows storage of up to three different tattoo sets, which can be switched between once per Lusternian day.
    Illuminati Living Canvas: A little trinket of stretched skin which grants an additional 100 tattoo weight.
    Breath of Immortals: A flask of heady vapors which can be used once per Lusternian day to refresh either the owner's or an ally's fatigue and hunger. If used on a target below level 80, it also renders them immune to normal fatigue and hunger for a full Lusternian day.
    Great Rune of Lambent Destruction: Divinus damage weapon rune.
    Great Rune of Corrosive Malice: Excoro damage weapon rune.
    Great Rune of Stolen Breath: Asphyxiation damage weapon rune.
    Great Rune of the Undervault War: Psychic damage weapon rune.
    Writ of Passage: Usable once per real life day at an entrance point to an area that would otherwise only be accessible through a quest (ex: Balach entrance to Duum, front door of Waste Facility, Krangar at the Catacombs Entrance.) The user is teleported immediately to the next area as though he or she had completed the quest.

Some of these have already been suggested, I'm sure of it. >_> But... just off the top of my head here.