Lirangsha!

Hope you guys like the high level bashing/influencing of the area! One thing that has been updated is the affiliation of Lirangsha will now alternate between Goloth Maxyenka (if all Time Dames are released) and Lirangsha Retreat (if all Time Dames are banished). We were going to do that before we released Lirangsha but there was some hard coding that needed to be done. We were also debating if we should just leave the area unaffiliated. Let us know what you think!

Comments

• Only inquiry I have is that right now it seems to not be respecting enemy status at all. Is this intentional, or a reflection of the area's fluxing affiliation? Either way, I like the place in general.
  • I also like it quite a lot. The area itself is pretty innovative and I'm excited to explore more while we aren't under attack from a free Maxyenka. Oh look he's free again...

Will there be other quests added to the area too rather than just banishing the Time Dames and the opposite?

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • Majanishi said:
    Will there be other quests added to the area too rather than just banishing the Time Dames and the opposite?
    Only the future knows!
  • Ohhh fun! I'm going to take that as a yes!

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • I bet Maxyenka knows. Damn time traveling mummies.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    People are taking it very seriously in-game, alas.

I mean, I suppose I can see the reasoning, but it wouldn't really be an issue if he didn't do worldwide emotes... <_<  I just want to know what the Goloths are.  And curios.  I don't really want to wake Goloths.

The bashing part of it looks pretty awesome though, and the ability to bash it without it being enemy territory is also pretty cool.  Maybe in a couple of months it'll be less upsetting to other players to actually do the quests, too!
    edited January 2013
    Hiriako said:
    Only inquiry I have is that right now it seems to not be respecting enemy status at all. Is this intentional, or a reflection of the area's fluxing affiliation? Either way, I like the place in general.
    It respects enemy status just fine; if you're enemied to Goloths right now, you are not protected by the Avenger.

Flip the loyalty and it will go the other way, if enemied to Lirangsha you will not be protected by Avenger.
    Note: Dominators won't attack you if you are not enemied to Goloths any more, so you can explore it just fine in the current state, too.

Personally (and this probably won't win me many friends), I'd say it should be open PK when the quest is being done and unaffiliated otherwise.  It's a really nice bashing area.

Note that my view of "when the quest is being done" would be the following states:
    1) When the Time Dames have been released and the quest is continued by spawning and killing the Nightmares, and
    2) When the Goloths are all alive.

Basically, if it's Soulless-Dominated, it should be Free-PK- when not, it should be unaffiliated (not enemy territory at all).

To me this would just make more sense.  Avechna protecting Soullessy-stuff doesn't work for me, and it'd be completely imbalanced if it was just always loyal to Lirangsha.
  • Sorry, not possible to toggle between 'prime' and 'not prime' (or 'free pk')! It's just not an option.

If it makes you feel better, since the Cavalier's half of Shallah's heart was returned to the Cavaliers, there's no chance of Max regaining his full megapowerful glory and he isn't considered the threat he was with just half the heart (at least as far as Avechna and the Elder Gods are concerned).
    I think you'd have to say that in-game.  At least in a more obvious way.  I didn't really get that impression from the events post.
  • Er, I shouldn't speak for the Elder Gods. He's not a threat as far as Estarra and Avechna are concerned!
    \:D/
    (And it's kind of tough to use that reasoning IC from the forums-post...)
  • edited January 2013
    Well, there's lots of IC reason to oppose the Goloth! Just as there are for doing the Duum or Icyewynd quests! But it is also fine to say IC that Avechna and Estarra don't consider him a threat anymore if you wish.
  • Like I said in the other thread...
    High level bashing area
    No insanity
    Weakness to excorable AND cutting
    Lots of non-aggressive mobs that don't bunch up
    Psychic resistance in what I can only assume was and explicit attempt to annoy Celina (I lurf u Celina)

This is the most awesome area in the history of ever! It's way better than the present my BF got me for Christmas (just because you're an atheist doesn't mean you can't buy me stuff!!!)

So if I make a public post saying that, there's no IC / OOC boundary issue? :P
  • Xenthos said:
    So if I make a public post saying that, there's no IC / OOC boundary issue? :P
    If in a public post you reference that Estarra and Avechna do not consider the Goloth a threat anymore, you won't get zapped. How's that?
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited January 2013
    Well, ICly you could say that, but it won't change the fact that you raised a dude who just a month ago was going to enslave the basin :p. I just hope people play along and RP it right.

This area is pretty good influencing also for those who don't want to bash. The place is overall pretty awesome and a lot of work obviously went into it. Thank you to everyone who brought it to us. :)
    Rivius said:
    Well, ICly you could say that, but it won't change the fact that you raised a dude who just a month ago was going to enslave the basin :p. I just hope people play along and RP it right.
    I didn't raise him though!  Sojiro did that.  *cough*
  • [quote] just want to know what the Goloths are.  And curios.  I don't really want to wake Goloths.[/quote]

I wonder if Xenthos could only get a rare curio by leading a starving deer to White Hart if he'd do it...
    [BANNERCODE]
    Hmm...
  • "It wasn't me, it was Xynthin..."
    [BANNERCODE]
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Well, the fact that the mobs don't turn into corpses is pretty huge detractor. Otherwise, the xp it generates is great. You just won't generate any essence for your god, which is pretty significant

Idea: Make killing the mobs generate esteem instead, since it can't do corpses.

*cough*
  • Xenthos said:

Idea: Make killing the mobs generate esteem instead, since it can't do corpses.

*cough*

OR maybe killing any mob causes an esteem loss...
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I actually got attacked by someone in the area because I was hunting the Shangri... erm, Lirashangra...whatevers.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Roleplay, there's a novel idea! Being held accountable for your actions? There could be some serious delicious angst and drama from this if people are willing to run with it over politely ignoring the fact that the Time Dames were released, because we like the guys that did it, ho hum business as usual.
    Xenthos said:
    People are taking it very seriously in-game, alas.

I would hope so! This is serious stuff! If you (you being anyone who wants to do a quest that is morally questionable) you should be ready and willing to deal with the consequences, not expect lots of false memory or people ignoring it. Roleplay is so much more fun when things aren't all cuddles and sunshine. Could be a blast! :)

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

I'm just saying, if the goal was to make a bashing area that is equitable to the divinus weak bashing areas, this area will fall woefully short unless these mobs actually generate corpses or esteem. Corpses generate essence which turns into truefavours that turn into significant bashing (and pk buffs). So bashing an area that gets you zilch for offerings makes that area much less attractive. Even if the area is great personal essence.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Tully said:
    [quote] just want to know what the Goloths are.  And curios.  I don't really want to wake Goloths.[/quote]

I wonder if Xenthos could only get a rare curio by leading a starving deer to White Hart if he'd do it...
    If that's not on a ikon getting list, it should be. Last I did that quest, nothing happened!
    You wildly jab an elegant black steel bardiche finished with golden webbing at Goloth Maxyenka. You plunge your bardiche into him, driving it deep.
    You have scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!
    You focus on your wasted efforts, resolving to shift the damage forward.
    The point of the blade thrusts through Goloth Maxyenka's body and emerges from his back, jolting him upright as an expression of horror crosses his face. He finally slides off the blade, dropping to the ground with a thud.
    You have slain Goloth Maxyenka.
    The glowing silhouette of a female appears before you and lays her hand on your brow.
    You have received death pearl curio piece of the Pearl Sandals Curio Set as a quest reward!
    A noisy clockwork yoyo catches the corpse of Goloth Maxyenka with its spin and draws it up into your hands.
    You dig your sharp beak into the fresh corpse and slurp up a few of the most delicious organs. Yum, nothing like carrion!
    11168h, 5013m, 8776e, 10p, 26565en, 24437w melrk<>-
    Ripples of temporal energy pull across the Prime Material Plane, drawn into the depths of a distant land. The skies quiver and distort violently as Time itself is tugged at, your surroundings distorting violently beneath its draw.
    With each passing temporal ripple time passes more normally, each pull softer and gentler than the last.
    Shimmering with a pale white light, the Pancopticon of Lirangsha draws in the waves of errant temporal energy, pressing it into its depths where a great sucking sound emits.
    11168h, 4941m, 8776e, 10p, 26605en, 24453w mBelrxk<>-
    A sense of stillness fills the room as the ghostly white figure fades away.
    11168h, 4872m, 8776e, 10p, 26645en, 24470w mBelrxk<>-
    A psychic backlash erupts form deep within the Pancopticon of Lirangsha, furious and violent yet stifled and quickly subdued. With hearty cheers the Eyeless of Lirangsha celebrate once more, the Wheel of the Goloths banished.
    With sudden jerk time resumes in whole once more, the distant pull of the Wheel of Goloths stopped as its spinning has been ceased.
    11168h, 4942m, 8776e, 10p, 26660en, 24486w mBelrxk<>-
    You can no longer sustain your damage shift.
    11168h, 5024m, 8776e, 10p, 26660en, 24503w mBelrxk<>-
    Sir Uldwar Lunarose shouts, "Thankee!"
    11168h, 4954m, 8776e, 10p, 26660en, 24519w mBelrxk<>-shout You're welcome.

You shout, "You're welcome."

i
    You are holding:
    4 corpses of Goloth Maxyenka.

Why yes.  I did just solo a Soulless God's lackey.  All four of him.