Marionettes! I have lots of pieces, but sadly, not the ones I need.

SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
edited December 2014 in Last Chance Trading Post
What I need

Princess Marionette
Head of a Princess Marionette
Lower Torse of a Princess Marionette
Right Arm of a Princess Marionette
Left Leg of a Princess Marionette
Right Leg of a Princess Marionette
Strings of a Princess Marionette

Prince Marionette
Right Arm of a Prince Marionette
Left Leg of a Prince Marionette
Buttons of a Prince Marionette
Sword of a Prince Marionette

I also need geniebottle pieces, and a few pieces of a dovemask, which I can list if one desires some of the below pieces but lacks any of the marionette pieces I need.

---

What I have for trading

Nothing, I'm rubbing EVERYTHING

Contact me here or via forum message if interested!

Comments

• That's a lot of jester heads! Good luck and let me know what you think when you put one together. I really like these marionettes!
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Rather still on the fence about buying these... while I'm all for toys, there's a point where one can have too many toys. If I decide otherwise, I'll drop you a msg.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    edited December 2014
    Estarra said:
    You can have too many toys?

-snip img-
    Well, I'm also a bit on the fence due to the fact that I'm considering a major PC hardware upgrade at present. If I do that, buying credits/toys will definitely not be viable for me this month, and I do need to upgrade my hardware a bit for when I'm telecommuting to work, too.

EDIT: A full list of marionettes might go a long way to sparking more interest. That said, there also needs to be a way to complete limited edition curios once they become unavailable... because otherwise if there isn't too much interest, there's situations where people buy curios, then end up not being able to complete any in the process and are left with nothing to show for their purchase either. (See: pop-bubbles)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    @Elanorwen From what I've seen:

Pixie Marionette
    Dragon Marionette
    Princess Marionette
    Prince Marionette
    King Marionette
    Queen Marionette
    Farmer Marionette
    Milkmaid Marionette
    Soldier Marionette
    Jester Marionette
    Frog Marionette
    Zombie Marionette

And you use the PUPPET command to see what you can do with them. (Usable by people who don't have marionettes to list the other commands, but those other commands are useless without a marionette!)
    Selenity said:

Pixie Marionette
    Dragon Marionette
    Princess Marionette
    Prince Marionette
    King Marionette
    Queen Marionette
    Farmer Marionette
    Milkmaid Marionette
    Soldier Marionette
    Jester Marionette
    Frog Marionette
    Zombie Marionette

And you use the PUPPET command to see what you can do with them. (Usable by people who don't have marionettes to list the other commands, but those other commands are useless without a marionette!)
    Argh, there HAD to be a pixie. *sob*

Elanorwen said:
    Selenity said:

Pixie Marionette
    Dragon Marionette
    Princess Marionette
    Prince Marionette
    King Marionette
    Queen Marionette
    Farmer Marionette
    Milkmaid Marionette
    Soldier Marionette
    Jester Marionette
    Frog Marionette
    Zombie Marionette

Argh, there HAD to be a pixie. *sob*
    ***************************[ Pixie Marionette Set ]****************************
    Id      Type     Set                  Collection   Description                 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    29116   Piece    Pixie Marionette     None         Lower Torso Of A Pixie Mari
    29131   Rare     Pixie Marionette     None         Head Of A Pixie Marionette
    29420   Piece    Pixie Marionette     None         Dust Of A Pixie Marionette
    *******************************************************************************

You know you waaant iiiit.
    Figures....

Head Of A Pixie Marionette: Missing
    Upper Torso Of A Pixie MarionComplete
    Lower Torso Of A Pixie MarionComplete
    Left Arm Of A Pixie MarionettComplete
    Right Arm Of A Pixie MarionetMissing
    Left Leg Of A Pixie MarionettComplete
    Right Leg Of A Pixie MarionetMissing
    Dust Of A Pixie Marionette: Complete
    Wings Of A Pixie Marionette: Missing
    Strings Of A Pixie MarionetteMissing

Elanorwen said:
    Figures....

Head Of A Pixie Marionette: Missing
    Upper Torso Of A Pixie MarionComplete
    Lower Torso Of A Pixie MarionComplete
    Left Arm Of A Pixie MarionettComplete
    Right Arm Of A Pixie MarionetMissing
    Left Leg Of A Pixie MarionettComplete
    Right Leg Of A Pixie MarionetMissing
    Dust Of A Pixie Marionette: Complete
    Wings Of A Pixie Marionette: Missing
    Strings Of A Pixie MarionetteMissing

If only you knew someone who had the head.
    Thanks, @Kreon!

You examine a partial dragon marionette curio piece of the Dragon Marionette Curio Set carefully, before carefully touching it to an upper torso of a dragon marionette curio piece of the Dragon Marionette Curio Set. A brief flash of light reveals that the two pieces have joined together, finally completing a serpentine dragon marionette with prismatic scales.

Sun-bright scales of arresting, prism hues glitter along the serpentine body of this sinuous dragon like glimmers of light dancing along cresting waves in the sea. These blinding flashes of colour are offset by obsidian horns that rise from its narrow crown in inky swells before sharply curving downward and in to cradle its acutely formed jawline. Where scaly lips part in a fearsome maw the ivory pinnacles of needle teeth make themselves known, the long, forked-tongue of felt therein of a deep red hue that is echoed in the beast's wide eyes. Feathered wings rise in a fiery profusion along its back, these radiant plumes veined with gold and powdered emeralds in dizzying whorls where vane meets vane along leathery skin. The marionette's tail is twice as long as it is, curling in such a way so that when it moves the appendage follows in expressive coils through air or along the ground.
    A serpentine dragon marionette with prismatic scales looks weak and feeble.

edited December 2014
    Pixie be a bit disappointing, but what can you do?

Three pairs of wings sprout proudly from this marionette's back, glittering with all the hues of the ocean: blues, greens and splashes of white cascade into one another to hypnotically beautiful effect. Barely half a foot tall, his porcelain body is delicate and slight, wrapped in a silvery robe that ends in tattered layers at his knees. Long, wavy hair cascades down to his waist in soothing shades of turquoise, several shorter tendrils attractively framing his face. His head is wreathed in a headband made of many-petalled water lily flowers, intertwined with tangles of seaweed. Dainty and attractive, his facial features are unsettlingly animate, though they are nonetheless textured with brush-strokes as if painted on. From each of his limbs trails a thin skein of thread, his wings instead beating wildly to keep him afloat.

EDIT: What is it with all the male pixies anyway?

• Elanorwen said:
    Pixie be a bit disappointing, but what can you do?

Three pairs of wings sprout proudly from this marionette's back, glittering with all the hues of the ocean: blues, greens and splashes of white cascade into one another to hypnotically beautiful effect. Barely half a foot tall, his porcelain body is delicate and slight, wrapped in a silvery robe that ends in tattered layers at his knees. Long, wavy hair cascades down to his waist in soothing shades of turquoise, several shorter tendrils attractively framing his face. His head is wreathed in a headband made of many-petalled water lily flowers, intertwined with tangles of seaweed. Dainty and attractive, his facial features are unsettlingly animate, though they are nonetheless textured with brush-strokes as if painted on. From each of his limbs trails a thin skein of thread, his wings instead beating wildly to keep him afloat.

EDIT: What is it with all the male pixies anyway?
    Oh, I think he's gorgeous. All those blues.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
    For those who haven't noticed, I've been keeping that list updated.

I still need three pieces!
    Orventa said:
    Oh, I think he's gorgeous. All those blues.
    Grrrls be cuter. We want a sylph/nymph now too!

All I need now is an arm and a leg. So close.
    Interestingly, marionettes seem to drop out of inventory on logout. Granted, they respawn to inventory later just fine, but still. Should probably auto-follow owner on puppet reveal, and possibly make sure they don't get purged out of the puppet list on logout either.

You examine a right arm of a prince marionette curio piece of the Prince
    Marionette Curio Set carefully, before carefully touching it to a partial prince
    marionette curio piece of the Prince Marionette Curio Set. A brief flash of
    light reveals that the two pieces have joined together, finally completing a
    charming mugwumpi prince marionette.

Cutting a dapper figure in his neatly pressed suit of ivory weave, this dashing 
    prince makes an unforgettable impression. Gold-fringed epaulettes square rounded 
    shoulders, their brilliance rivalled by the buttons that bear his royal insignia 
    holding them securely in place. Wide, amphibian eyes, horizontally slitted and 
    sickly yellow in hue, dominate a triangular face with compact features, the 
    expression found there somewhat lost and forlorn. Moist olive skin glistens, 
    where visible, most notably near wrists and along webbed fingers, though this 
    does not prevent him from clutching the ornate sword drawn at the ready by his 
    side nor the crimson plumed hat he's seen fit to remove. His posture is regal, 
    for a mugwumpi, though the slight curvature in his spine and bend in his thin 
    legs renders him unable to stand completely straight.
    A charming mugwumpi prince marionette looks weak and feeble.
    He is strangely weightless.
    He is loyal to Pretty Guardian Selenity Siar'luin of the Arrey Arrane.
    A charming mugwumpi prince marionette is holding:
    Nothing.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Oooh, a mugwumpi prince. Heee!

Qistrel said:
    Oooh, a mugwumpi prince. Heee!
    The frog one kind of makes sense now!...

... I wonder what the Princess is.
    Okay, @Estarra! Here's what I think!

First of all, I only have the prince so far, but I can honestly say these little guys are wicked fun. I haven't had a chance to RP with them yet, but I've tried out all the commands.... so. Suggestions and requests.

1. Allow for targetted emotes with them. You cannot do ^Selenity or ^Selenity_he or anything like that with them, which makes them only nearly perfect for RP purposes.
    2. A way to know if anyone is saying anything to the marionette would be nice, or if someone mentions the name of the marionette. Not to hear constantly, but, if the marionette is being talked to and I'm not in the room, I'd like to know what's being said so that I can respond appropriately!
    3. These are potentially abusable in combat situations or other sorts of situations, especially since you're able to spam walking and looking. If there's a way to decrease the likelihood of it being abused in combat situations, that'd be awesome. I know they don't take much to be rid of, but they move so quickly, you can sneak a "look" in while you're moving.

To give you an idea of #3...

5153h, 6444m, 6413e, 10p, 20640en, 25920w Bexk-Song: Hopepuppet move e;puppet move e;puppet move e;puppet move ne;puppet move n;puppet
    move nw;puppet move nw;puppet move n;puppet move w;puppet move sw;puppet move sw;puppet move se;puppet move s;puppet move s
    Sheathing his sword as he etches a courtly bow, a mugwumpi prince marionette
    springs off to the east.
    You made a charming mugwumpi prince marionette travel east to SOUTHSEREN144.
    5153h, 6444m, 6413e, 10p, 20640en, 25920w Bexk-Song: Hope
    You made a charming mugwumpi prince marionette travel east to SOUTHSEREN145.
    You made a charming mugwumpi prince marionette travel east to SOUTHSEREN133.
    You made a charming mugwumpi prince marionette travel northeast to SOUTHSEREN132.
    You made a charming mugwumpi prince marionette travel north to SOUTHSEREN131.
    You made a charming mugwumpi prince marionette travel northwest to SOUTHSEREN137.
    You made a charming mugwumpi prince marionette travel northwest to SOUTHSEREN136.
    You made a charming mugwumpi prince marionette travel north to SOUTHSEREN128.
    You made a charming mugwumpi prince marionette travel west to SOUTHSEREN129.
    You made a charming mugwumpi prince marionette travel southwest to SOUTHSEREN138.
    You made a charming mugwumpi prince marionette travel southwest to SOUTHSEREN139.
    You made a charming mugwumpi prince marionette travel southeast to SOUTHSEREN174.
    You made a charming mugwumpi prince marionette travel south to SOUTHSEREN119.
    Sword at the ready, a mugwumpi prince marionette springs in from the north.
    You made a charming mugwumpi prince marionette travel south to SOUTHSEREN42.

Aside from that, I love this little guy. He's fun. I'll find excuses to use Prince Freedly!... unless I give him to someone. I really want that princess...
  • Regarding combat applications, any attack on the marionette will send it back to the owner (even a kick).
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited December 2014
    Right, you can still send it in and look before anyone can do anything. 

This is part of why I was requesting that we see who owns them from PROBE. These are as useful for checking out an enemy's group as an eco bond, but they can't be killed and you can't tell who sent them...

EDIT: Not to mention that emoting gives them more RP flexibility than hunting bonds, which is frustrating.

The easiest thing to do would be to give them a balance, so that you have to wait a few seconds before issuing any new command. That, and the probe thing.
    Enyalida said:
    Right, you can still send it in and look before anyone can do anything. 

This is part of why I was requesting that we see who owns them from PROBE. These are as useful for checking out an enemy's group as an eco bond, but they can't be killed and you can't tell who sent them...

EDIT: Not to mention that emoting gives them more RP flexibility than hunting bonds, which is frustrating.

The easiest thing to do would be to give them a balance, so that you have to wait a few seconds before issuing any new command. That, and the probe thing.
    Eh, they don't show up as loyals? Pretty sure mine do....

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    They do, and you have to declare to hit them.

Lavinya said:
    They do, and you have to declare to hit them.
    On Prime anyway.

edited December 2014
    Oh, when they came out I probed and didn't get a loyal line, hmm. 
    Well, that's nice, can we now have them be more inept combat spies?
    Enyalida said:
    Here, this should be a prime example of the issue you and I are worried about.

Note that it took under a second to do that.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited December 2014
    If we're really worried about it, we can make it so that they don't reset immediately after being kicked, but take a while to respawn into one's inventory. I don't see enough of an advantage to just looking into a room that I'd call this abuse.
    It's less abuse and more that there are class skills that this replicates... but better. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Selenity said:
    Enyalida said:
    Here, this should be a prime example of the issue you and I are worried about.

Note that it took under a second to do that.
    For reference, I have(had) an alias that moved a ribbachi from the Aetherplex to the Prime Matrix in about as long. It could also listen to people, and was masked as it moved, which the puppets aren't. The puppets being able to look in a room and emote really isn't an issue.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.