Mysrai Raid

ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
edited December 2014 in Combat Logs
6v7 last night when they decided to raid while people were logged in. 

Starring copious pfarewell and destruction. Missing pfifth. 

Comments

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Shuyin said:
    6v7 last night when they decided to raid while people were logged in. Starring copious pfarewell and destruction. Missing pfifth. https://dropbox.com/s/2thbcg7zm8xngvz/mysrai%20raid.html?dl=0
    I know that I know nothing about fighting, but, can you (or somebody) explain how this happened to you, Shuyin?...

<7030[100%]h 8428[100%]m 8811[100%]e 10p 100%w P|e|bk|Avurekhos>-(focus mind)
    You take a drink of a choleric purgative from a heavy ivory and copper vial.
    Your stomach becalms itself.
    You have cured vomiting. (0.672s)
    <7030[100%]h 8428[100%]m 8811[100%]e 10p 100%w P|e|bk|Avurekhos>-
    You focus your mind intently on curing your mental maladies.
    Prudence rules your psyche once again.
    You have cured recklessness.
    <2984[42%]h 1844[21%]m 8811[100%]e 10p 98%w P|e|bk|Avurekhos>-(sip lucidity|outr
    sparkleberry|eat sparkleberry)(-4046h, -6584m)
  • Recklessness sets h/m/e to 100% on the prompt and in score. His actual health is the low one, not the full one.
    Altrea said:
    Recklessness sets h/m/e to 100% on the prompt and in score. His actual health is the low one, not the full one.
    Thanks for the answer! But... dear Gods, that seems like an OP aff then. ._.
  • edited December 2014
    It's really not. It's there to confuse people and systems, but it's really no worse than blackout. Actually, blackout is worse by far (hides afflictions and makes all stats appear as 0/non-existent), and far more prevalent than recklessness. Recklessness is (or was before the overhaul) cured by focus mind and horehound, which are both on relatively fast balances as well (wheras blackout is only curable by allheale or a trueheal). Though I will say that the combination of recklessness applied in blackout is a pain against any system that isn't set up to detect that (which I am expecting to be no modern system, but I'm not entirely sure).

CLARITY EDIT: By "no modern system", I mean I am asserting that no modern system should have issues detecting that combination whatsoever, not the inverse. I phrased that a tad strangely.
  • Recklessness is only really dangerous if not caught. Otherwise a system can assume a basic set of priorities (or even priorities based on state before entering recklessness). And it'll be cured fast.

You can also catch it by tracking things that are supposed to do damage but don't and guessing whether it's an illusion or recklessness.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Yeah, what they said re: recklessness, it's not too bad so long as you catch it and properly pay attention.

It gets a bit rough under blackout/ganks of course.

I also updated the link so you don't have to download it, just click and you can read it.
  • edited December 2014
    Kelly begins to tumble towards the northeast.

Everyone shame the bard for tumbling.

Also: I enjoyed that log, thank you!
    Rumor has it that this is some sort of illusion, but I can neither confirm nor deny this.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Man, it's like nobody ever captivates anymore.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I think it would have been settled more quickly with better targeting from both sides.

IMO lack of pfifth really didn't help the raiders, we were able to bail repeatedly even when heavily outnumbered.
    I kinda have to lol at Shuyin being pooka'd to focus mind...for the mana cost of 250. I mean, come on.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Needs more lust/empress on tumblers.
    Shaddus said:
    I kinda have to lol at Shuyin being pooka'd to focus mind...for the mana cost of 250. I mean, come on.
    I'm not a Wiccan, but what would have been the better option? I'm guessing making him smoke coltsfoot? Or making him order his entourage to kill an ally of his?
  • If I had to guess, the first one is an attempt to force off focus balance so paralysis sticks longer.

The second one, with the aeon? Someone's lazy about their pooka commands and didn't change them.
  • edited December 2014
    Selenity said:
    I'm not a Wiccan, but what would have been the better option? I'm guessing making him smoke coltsfoot? Or making him order his entourage to kill an ally of his?
    Akyaevin's probably right about why the focus was done, and it's not actually a bad idea. But honestly, there's a wide range of things that can be done. The problem with forced commands is all the good stuff requires the person to be unhindered and on balance, the former being antithesis to what you're there to do, and the latter being extremely unlikely.

Focus mind isn't a bad choice if you're stacking paralysis. If you don't mind spending some gold and have a large amount of poisons, a fun tactic is to also give somebody a vial and pooka them to drink from it. Free poison application with a 100% poison rate (compared to the 50%? of beast spit). Entourage switches require fullbalance if I remember correctly, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

EDIT: "One foolproof trick to make any guardian hate you" brainstorming removed.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Altrea said:
    Selenity said:
    Akyaevin's probably right about why the focus was done, and it's not actually a bad idea. But honestly, there's a wide range of things that can be done. The problem with forced commands is all the good stuff requires the person to be unhindered and on balance, the former being antithesis to what you're there to do, and the latter being extremely unlikely.

Focus mind isn't a bad choice if you're stacking paralysis. If you don't mind spending some gold and have a large amount of poisons, a fun tactic is to also give somebody a vial and pooka them to drink from it. Free poison application with a 100% poison rate (compared to the 50%? of beast spit). Entourage switches require fullbalance if I remember correctly, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

EDIT: "One foolproof trick to make any guardian hate you" brainstorming removed.
    Poison sipping is affected by poison shrugging, so not 100%. And you can at least track beast spitting with keeneye.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Fair enough. Didn't realise sipping was influenced by shrugging, and I just have the worst luck in the world when I actually sip poisons for testing. Still, even with a shrug chance, there's some evil things you can do (including the thing I removed in my edit).
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Shrugging also maxes out (for most players) at 1/3rd chance.
    The pro choice for lazy looping is actually "unenemy all".

You guys can't say I'm not helpful!
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shuyin said:
    The pro choice for lazy looping is actually "unenemy all".

You guys can't say I'm not helpful!
    I can and will.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Unenemy All or Metawake Off are both good choices.
  • I used to order people to remove coats, cloaks, robes and plate through Darkmaster. 

There were a few times when people didn't realise what I'd done, and went out bashing or fighting without plate. Poor Morkarion.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Shaddus said:
    Man, it's like nobody ever captivates anymore.
    They had 3 bards versus one bard, they really shouldn't have been using captivate to begin with.

Maligorn's captivation in this probably saved my life.

What they should've been doing is Allegro or whatever the Music skill is that moves a bards stanza forwards or backwards, they should've just quickly taken Synkarin out of the fight.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Yep, that was a big mistake from me!

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Shhhhhhhh

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • To be quite honest, I refrain from using Fugue actively. I really think it's stupid to be able to mess with an opponent's song for just 1p. I think it overly complicates bard to bard combat. Moreover, I like to think that if I don't Fugue people excessively, they won't do it to me either. That's a silly assumption of course, but I still like to think it.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Talan did it frequently.

That's why she is the best (and worst).

Though I did try and follow the same rule, you figure out pretty quickly who fugues and who doesn't (looking at you Shaddus alt). For a long time I was able to keep my song in 9th Stanza because I never had to worry about fugue.

But if there is a fight you need to win (War seal maybe?), pull out all moves, regardless of how cheap it is considered. I'll hunger attrition you to death, or steal all your power, or I'll dominate you to get drunk.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    edited December 2014
    Silvanus said:
    Talan did it frequently.

That's why she is the best (and worst).

Though I did try and follow the same rule, you figure out pretty quickly who fugues and who doesn't (looking at you Shaddus alt). For a long time I was able to keep my song in 9th Stanza because I never had to worry about fugue.

That's because most of my bard alts were on your side >.<

I'd also like to say that not fuguing other bards because you hope they won't do it to you is going to ultimately fail. It's a great way to stop an active deathsong, it's a dickish yet effective way to screw over an enemy bard, and it's cheap as such things go.