Ackleberry

I was wondering.. does anyone happen to know what Divine if any where or would have been linked to Ackleberry? is there any book that actually tells us ABOUT Ackleberry besides that Lake and Bear were the spirits and the Honeysap was the tree?

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    No divine were really "linked" to Ackleberry because they were all out in the void when Ackleberry removed itself. There's likely a few who helped create the forest that ended up being called Ackleberry by mortals, but I don't remember any specifically.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Hrm..... *pokes any Divine listening* we need more information on Ackleberry!  you know.. for research purposes
  • edited November 2014
    The obvious Divine linked to Ackelberry sharded.

However, I also remember  Auseklis, saying that he would have rather been in Ackleberry rather than Sernwilde
  • Shaddus said:
    No divine were really "linked" to Ackleberry because they were all out in the void when Ackleberry removed itself. There's likely a few who helped create the forest that ended up being called Ackleberry by mortals, but I don't remember any specifically.
    Technically all (except for those very few that were in some form of stasis or hidden) the gods were in the void during this time. The gods didnt begin to reappear until Estarra came...which was after the events of the tainting.

As for naming the forest: the forests were not named by mortals. They already had their names far back to the days of the Elder Gods, albeit the names were larger (such as serenwildehilm or some such). Mortals just picked up the names and I guess with dialect it got shortened a bit.

-----------------------------

As to gods of the Ackleberry; Tae, whom created the Bear spirit, sharded as we know, thus that posibility is out. That leaves Lake, whose creator we never met nor heard of. She/He would be the biggest possibility of a divine for Ackleberry.
  • Arcanis said:
    As to gods of the Ackleberry; Tae, whom created the Bear spirit, sharded as we know, thus that posibility is out. That leaves Lake, whose creator we never met nor heard of. She/He would be the biggest possibility of a divine for Ackleberry.
    Don't forget Bollikin!
  • Daganev said:
    Arcanis said:
    Don't forget Bollikin!
    Bollikin was Tae's "Companion" and created alot of the animal spirits, however he neither created bear nor lake :P. However, we see several of his spirits (I call them 'the lesser animal spirits) in the forests. I believe squirrel lives in Serenwilde (correct me if wrong)? Bollikin, and thus the furrikin, were mainly associated to ackleberry by the bond with the tae'dae. Those two sort of complete each other.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Arcanis said:

As for naming the forest: the forests were not named by mortals. They already had their names far back to the days of the Elder Gods, albeit the names were larger (such as serenwildehilm or some such). Mortals just picked up the names and I guess with dialect it got shortened a bit.

Serenwodynhyllirin, or something like that. Auvrekhos is the only person I know who uses the name regularly, and I half-wonder if it's not stored as  trigger or variable, heh. I have all the syllables, but not the right spelling, I'm sure.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Everiine said:
    Arcanis said:

Serenwodynhyllirin, or something like that. Auvrekhos is the only person I know who uses the name regularly, and I half-wonder if it's not stored as  trigger or variable, heh. I have all the syllables, but not the right spelling, I'm sure.
    @Erebos and @Niina use it too, I believe.

Serynwodenhillirim is the name as per the Book of Elfenehoala! Glorianalefehlora and Ackeleheliorna are two others given in that book.

• Selenity said:
    Everiine said:
    Arcanis said:

@Erebos and @Niina use it too, I believe.

Serynwodenhillirim is the name as per the Book of Elfenehoala! Glorianalefehlora and Ackeleheliorna are two others given in that book.
    Correct! That, we do!  Love me some @Niina.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    And I thought Hallifaxian names were a mouthful...
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Do any of the histories have any information on Ackleberry? what it was like there kind o thing?
    Nyxx said:
    Do any of the histories have any information on Ackleberry? what it was like there kind o thing?
    You can definitely read through the histories and find out! :D
  • Thats such a lot fo reading lol
  • They are briefly discussed in the taint wars. Mostly that when the taint hit the fan they decided to take their ball and go poof. It doesn't really go into much detail about who they are though.

There was some player musings about what it would be like if Ackleberry came out as a playable org. My favorite version was the thousand acre Ackleberry with a winnie the pooh theme. 

Llandros said:
    They are briefly discussed in the taint wars. Mostly that when the taint hit the fan they decided to take their ball and go poof. It doesn't really go into much detail about who they are though.

There was some player musings about what it would be like if Ackleberry came out as a playable org. My favorite version was the thousand acre Ackleberry with a winnie the pooh theme. 
    Are you referring to this one? (Google Fu for the win)
  • Llandros said:
    They are briefly discussed in the taint wars. Mostly that when the taint hit the fan they decided to take their ball and go poof. It doesn't really go into much detail about who they are though.

Hmm, more seriously Tae'Dae and Furrikin would probably get spec's. 
    I'd be more interested in the Jojobo Jungle's return. A Mugwump/Aslaran commune with Sun and Lion Totems(based on the book of Aslarn).
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I think perhaps one or two Seren gods could move across like @Isune did...like...hmm. Perhaps Maylea? The rest seem very linked to Seren stuff.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited December 2014
    Rogziel said:
    Llandros said:

I'd be more interested in the Jojobo Jungle's return. A Mugwump/Aslaran commune with Sun and Lion Totems(based on the book of Aslarn).
    Tae'dae have specs in much the same way krokani, orclach, kephera, illithoid do. They're not great specs, but they do exist.

EDIT: Also good luck on getting a whole commune revived when we don't even have the population to fill out the guild roster on the last two cities to get released.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Rogziel said:
    Llandros said:

Tae'dae have specs in much the same way krokani, orclach, kephera, illithoid do. They're not great specs, but they do exist.
    Oh sure, leave out the dwarves and Igasho.  I assume furrkiin would get the spec in Ackelberry.  Though I always found it funny that bears in a forest, get a specialization at calvary techniques.  (A very grateful kind of funny)
    I also liked the idea that half the forest was tainted and half the forest wasn't.  (some taint got in before it was moved to another dimension)
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daganev said:
    Oh sure, leave out the dwarves and Igasho.  I assume furrkiin would get the spec in Ackelberry.  Though I always found it funny that bears in a forest, get a specialization at calvary techniques.  (A very grateful kind of funny)
    I also liked the idea that half the forest was tainted and half the forest wasn't.  (some taint got in before it was moved to another dimension)
    Wasn't logged on and didn't remember all the warrior spec races off the top of my head. That said, dwarves have nothing to complain about. They make some pretty tanky bards, too. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.