Issues installing m&m... [FIXED!]

edited December 2014 in Mechanic's Corner
So, my hard drive completely failed last night. I replaced it, reinstalled Linux, and am now on the lovely adventure of getting Mudlet all set back up. I'm trying to install m&m at the moment. I run the "mminstall" command, it tells me to turn on GMCP (it's already on), then proceeds to spam the hell out of me for a minute then tells me it's configured and to restart. No autoconfig, no questions, no nothing. Help?

Comments

• Should also note, I already installed the lua-zip and lua-filesystem libraries, so there shouldn't be any dependency issues here.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Hrm... are you trying to just copy/paste your entire pre-existing folder? I've found that when I've had to reinstall, I have to redownload the m&m stuff, load it up, and then copy my existing profile over.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I redownloaded it and was attempting to import the package. I lost my old folder, it is on my old hard drive which is currently sitting on my desk.

I actually got it working, had to uninstall mudlet entirely and reinstall it. I have no idea why.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    No idea, either, but I'm glad it worked!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.