Real World Raves

Comments

• Had a good night watching the Gladiator chase Wolverine who rescues Catwoman's daughter from Borat and Bellatrix Lestrange.

Stangmar - Retired

• Morkarion said:
    Eventru said:
    Morkarion said:
    Eventru said:
    FFIV dropped for iOS a week or so ago and I can't stop :(
    Does it include the after years?

Also if you want an addiction, get theatrythm. I got it last July on the 3DS and still can't stop playing it for any other 3DS game.
    It doesn't appear so. Which is frustrating, I want it so badly.
    Same, they put it on the PSP version but not the DS.

Does the iOS one include the voice acting?
    It does. It also does not include Whyte. (Thank god.)
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Eventru said:
    Morkarion said:
    Eventru said:
    Morkarion said:
    Eventru said:
    FFIV dropped for iOS a week or so ago and I can't stop :(
    Does it include the after years?

Also if you want an addiction, get theatrythm. I got it last July on the 3DS and still can't stop playing it for any other 3DS game.
    It doesn't appear so. Which is frustrating, I want it so badly.
    Same, they put it on the PSP version but not the DS.

Does the iOS one include the voice acting?
    It does. It also does not include Whyte. (Thank god.)
    Then enjoy, the remastered soundtrack and voice acting had me squeeing the moment the opening cutscene on the gunship happens.

But still. get Theatrhythm, you can rage at me when you're still addicted in about 4 months.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Heh. I don't have a DS. Aside from my laptop and iPhone, my most recent gaming console is a PSX and an N64. (Shhh.)
    Eventru said:
    Heh. I don't have a DS. Aside from my laptop and iPhone, my most recent gaming console is a PSX and an N64. (Shhh.)
    They put it on the iPhone. Hence why I suggested it, was a 3DS title first, but they've converted it.

Also nothing wrong with owning an N64, one of the greatest consoles ever!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Morkarion said:

THE greatest console ever.
    edited January 2013
    Ardmore said:
    Morkarion said:

I'm slightly partial to the Gameboy Advance. But it depends if you count handhelds in with consoles.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Stangmar said:
    Had a good night watching the Gladiator chase Wolverine who rescues Catwoman's daughter from Borat and Bellatrix Lestrange.

I think I would have enjoyed the movie a lot more if that had been the plot.

My rave: FINALLY finished my scarf after a month of intermittent knitting. I lost feeling in my fingertips and went cross-eyed a few times, and it was intensely boring. Now the question is whether to add tassels... 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    With the american news all abuzz about 'background checks' I am constantly thinking about mafia. Is the government the detective, running background checks on people while they sleep? I guess so. Better have the nurse save you, or the mafia is sure to catch up soon!
  • Daraius said:
    Stangmar said:
    Had a good night watching the Gladiator chase Wolverine who rescues Catwoman's daughter from Borat and Bellatrix Lestrange.

I think I would have enjoyed the movie a lot more if that had been the plot.

My rave: FINALLY finished my scarf after a month of intermittent knitting. I lost feeling in my fingertips and went cross-eyed a few times, and it was intensely boring. Now the question is whether to add tassels... 
    @Daraius What sort of scarf O.=.O

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Ardmore said:
    Morkarion said:

Honestly, I have to disagree.

SNES was the greatest console ever. Even today the games we see mimic those created on that console. How many times have you played a Tactics-style game and enjoyed it? Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together was the pioneer of the whole genre.

Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre: LUCT, Final Fantasy IV, FFV, FFVI, Chrono Trigger, Ilusions of Gaia, E.V.O., Harvest Moon - come on! These games were better than anything spat out in the modern era. The focus then was on the depth of the story and replay value, now it's on graphics and the music score. Yawn.

N64 was good, don't get me wrong. But I think they made some critical errors with it, like maintaining the cartridge in lieu of a CD. It worked for them, but I think they could've gone so much further with CDs. Maybe not though!
    The SNES certainly had the superior lineup of RPG games. I just wish the Fire Emblem series got ported.

The Megadrive had better platform games though. That said the combination of the pair of them is why I consider the 16 bit era to be the real golden age of gaming.

• Morkarion said:
    The SNES certainly had the superior lineup of RPG games. I just wish the Fire Emblem series got ported.

The Megadrive had better platform games though. That said the combination of the pair of them is why I consider the 16 bit era to be the real golden age of gaming.
    Crap! I knew I was forgetting something! Fire Emblem! Amazing series.
    edited January 2013
    Eventru said:
    Morkarion said:

Crap! I knew I was forgetting something! Fire Emblem! Amazing series.
    How the hell is that possible? Fire Emblem is the best turn based strategy series ever played, it converted me from RTS to TBS.

Edit: And that's saying something considering I'd already played King's Bounty, which is one of the most criminally underrated games of all time, and still preferred RTS thanks to Dune 2.

• My favorite Thai restaurant turns out to only have been closed for Christmas.

Their fried chicken, which is probably not very thai, tastes and looks like there is shredded coconut in the frying batter. DELICIOUS. 
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Using christmas funds and old giftcard cash, I finally am buying a new computer! My current set up is ~6 years old, starting to run into some problems with not being able to update to new software (including Mudlet 2.0). Hopefully it'll get here without incident soon!
  • Chris Pratt(the guy who plays Andy Dwyer in Parks & Recreation) was not the right guy to play the leader of Seal Team Six.
    Stangmar - Retired

• I saw Jack Reacher last night with my parents who were in town.  It's definitely worth the price of admission.
    Stangmar - Retired

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm terrified of Tom Cruise completely ruining the image I have in my head of Jack Reacher from reading the books. Had you read the books, Stangmar?

• edited January 2013
    Never heard of the books.  Just see the movie though.

EDIT: What is your image of Jack Reacher? Maybe I can help you.
    Stangmar - Retired

• He's 6'5 or so. His defining physical feature is that he's huge.

I've heard it's a good film as long as you pretend it's not Jack Reacher.
    Bill Preacher. Jim Leacher. Mac Teacher.
  • Yeah....Cruise is 5'7" I believe.
    Stangmar - Retired

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Ni no Kuni is a week away. -.-

I don't think I've been so giddily excited for a game release since Star Fox Adventures, and that was the biggest let down of my life. I just know Level 5 and Studio Ghibli have made magic. 
    [-O<
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited January 2013
    HoTay YoLoGast approaches!

(Howard Taylor: Your Local Game Store).
  • Morkarion said:
    Eventru said:
    Heh. I don't have a DS. Aside from my laptop and iPhone, my most recent gaming console is a PSX and an N64. (Shhh.)
    They put it on the iPhone. Hence why I suggested it, was a 3DS title first, but they've converted it.

Theatrhythm is so addicting. I'm pretty sure I'm going to delete it tomorrow, just because I don't need to be spending money on all these additional songs and such.

...After I play a bit here before bed.
    Eventru said:
    Morkarion said:
    Eventru said:

Theatrhythm is so addicting. I'm pretty sure I'm going to delete it tomorrow, just because I don't need to be spending money on all these additional songs and such.

Yeah, I thought that, then I emptied out the DLC library of III, IV, VI, VIII and X

• Morkarion said:

Eventru said:

Morkarion said:

Eventru said:

Yeah, I thought that, then I emptied out the DLC library of III, IV, VI, VIII and X

My agreement with myself is that if I can get perfect scores on easy and medium for both Zanarkand and the One-Winged Angel, I'll buy one of the packs.

And maybe Vivi. And Ramsus. We'll see. I am fond of my tarutaru/Terra/Cloud/Firion setup.

Pretty sure I misspelled at least one of those names.

By perfect do you mean S rank "Not miss a note" SS rank "Critical every note" or SSS?

My setup depends on what game variant I'm playing, but the core seems to be Squall/Sepiroth/Cloud/Kain, 255 str with +str for the AP multipliers are awesome for farming BMS stages of as many creatures as possible.

• I just found out about the awesomeness that is Garnier Fructis Style. Like, I don't expect to use any other brand of styling product until the end of time (unless they discontinue it). But seriously though, it looks like there is no product on my hair and the hold is really strong. I love this stuff. 

Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?