Mudlet miniwindow target tracker

TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
edited November 2014 in Mechanic's Corner
Howdy folks.  Been working on this for a bit, and figured I'd expose it to the community at large to play with and break and complain at me about.  :D

Long and short of it, this autoassesses your target and updates a miniwindow with the appropriate information.  Wound levels are shown (light, medium, etc.) and color coded.  Current health is also shown, coloring based on the percentage that is left.  Bleeding is also in, along with a rebounding tracker that is also color coded.  A few sample aliases for setting up extremely basic auto poison/autoraze are given as well.

In the future, I plan to have support for mana/ego killers, and will probably work towards the insanity/sanity kills as well.  Rebounding/shielding is probably missing a few lines, feel free to post them here, message them to me, or whatever you like if you find something that I miss that breaks this.

Commands:
traxon: turns the tracker on
traxoff: turns the tracker off, gets rid of the window
t: t followed by whatever (name, test value, etc) sets the target variable
trax config: brings up the config menu to change what you want to track.

Edit: The forums are not letting me delete the attached file.  Do not download the attached file.  Go to here to download the working version.

Comments

• Been working on something like this for myself.  Think I'll steal it and save myself the work.
  • Yay, me too. I'm guessing this is far better than my attempt.
    I <3 things to steal and modify. Thank you.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Doh!  Forgot to set a variable that I had initially just set in a trigger while I was getting rebounding tracking figured out.  Will update the file in the next hour or so to correct this.  You'll want to re-download, remove the old traxxer via the package manager, and install the new version.  Sorry!
    edited September 2013
    Thanks to someone else's hard work @Lilija, this is actually updated and working again.  For the moment, requires stratagems in combat and that GMCP be turned on in the Mudlet settings.  Otherwise, it ought to work.

Commands:
    trax on: Turns on the miniwindow display/tracking
    trax off: Turns off the miniwindow display/tracking
    t : t followed by name targets that individual

There's also a set of sample aliases in the aliases window for setting up autoraze/cleave for 1h/2h monks and warriors.  You will need to go into the script file and set weapon and poison 1/2 manually for the moment, however.

To be added: Aliases to set weapons/poisons, tracking of mana/ego for Wiccans and Bards, tracking of insanity/timewarp for Gaudi/Halli, anything else that people request that I haven't thought of.

Download here, install via mudlet package manager
  • I just DL'ed and feel excited to install. After reading the description, I might also appreciate listing limbs that get stance/parry which updates on every last attack. I'll setup Trax and let you know what I think!
    Oh, gosh, I need to update this so bad with things.  And stuff.  Hmm.  Since folks are actually semi-interested in it, I'll see if I can roll out an update to it some time this weekend.
  • Any word on the update :)
  • I too would be interested in an update since I currently use this as my wounds tracker :D 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    You'll get your update when I frakking feel like it! :D

In all seriousness, I've had nearly zero free time the last almost three weeks. I will see what I can do in the upcoming days though.
  • OK. I just installed the wounds tracker and love what I see so far. It appears that I'll need to tinker with your code to more fully integrate Trax into my adaptations on M&M. The code looks clean and documentation is concise. Everything works as advertised! 

There is one slight issue. The TARGET WOUNDS display looks like a font size 6 to my font size 11 on every other display. How can I correct font size on the miniwindow through either adjusting the script or tinkering with a Mudlet setting?
  • Janalon said:
    There is one slight issue. The TARGET WOUNDS display looks like a font size 6 to my font size 11 on every other display. How can I correct font size on the miniwindow through either adjusting the script or tinkering with a Mudlet setting?
    Heh. I figured it out after reading a ton of documentation and experimentation... but here is the snippet of code you would need to adjust font size (for other coding neophytes like me). The single "fontSize" code goes right into the script where the Geyser.MiniConsole is defined.

woundsTracker = Geyser.MiniConsole:new({

name = "woundsTracker",

x = "0.5%", y = "35%",

width = "240", height = "250",

fontSize = 11

})

woundsTracker:setColor("black")

• woundsTracker:setFontSize(11)

Would also work, after defining the box parameters.
    edited October 2014
    So, real life happened, but I haven't forgotten about this.  I've re-written large portions of this, and am sitting on putting out a public update until I get some feedback and have an opportunity to do some actual testing myself.  Planned features are letting the user configure what they want to track (so far options are Health, Mana, Ego, Wounds, rebounding, bleeding, planned are: tempinsanity, timewarp, crunches, stance/parry.  Any further suggestions on things to track are welcome!), as well as allowing the user to choose whether or not they automatically assess/discern.  Since the more I think about it, the more I kind of dislike it essentially -always- being on unless you turn the whole thing off.

Expect an updated package posted by Friday night.
    Updated package is in the first post.  Any questions/concerns/requests, feel free to post them here.
    Todo: add in stance and parry tracking (if people want to provide me with lines, that would be awesome), actually track time warp (could use the contemplate lines from folks) and pentagram/circle tracking
  • This isn't working at all for me..none of the aliases fire, the miniconsole doesn't pop up, the only thing I can do is the trax config and when i try to change options I get errors in the window.
    edited October 2014
    Can you message me the errors you're getting Malikai?  Also, what version of Mudlet are you using?

Edit: holy crap, nevermind.  Uninstall the package you have currently, I'll be working on this when I get home.  This is what I get for assuming it works fine without installing it to a new profile.  XD
    Correct version up.  Made a simple error that I didn't catch because derp.  Do not download the version uploaded to the forums, please follow the provided link.
  • sorry bud..it still doesn't work. I don't get any error messages..but none of the aliases work, and I cant puzzle out how to fix it myself :/
  • enableTrigger("tarxtraxxer")

this in your alias might be the problem..not sure..but i cant find any trigger or trigger group named "tarxtraxxer" in your code
    .... Fix will be up shortly. Can't believe the levels of Derp I just ascended to
    And fixed.  Note to self: when using enabletrigger based off of the name you gave the package, remember to either change the trigger or just don't change the package name.
  • its still broken, sadly
    Reorganized a few things, chased down a few whoopsies, got rid of the balancer.  Uploaded version in the LINK, not the file attached to the forums, is the one you'll want to download.

Thanks to @Kierstin for chasing down a few whoopsies in my scripting.
  • Thanks Tarkenton. I'll take a look at it later today and let you know how things go!
  • edited December 2014
    Well, I downloaded and tweaked it a bit (as I'm not warrior nor monk) to just show some h/m/e stuff.. Then I added in a sleep tracker (with the help of @Ushaara ) Really like how it's set up and playing on a laptop with minimal room, doesn't take up much stuff. Now to just get a few more things set in for how I completely like it and I'll be golden! Thanks for the code

EDIT: If you want to see what I did for the sleep tracking addition, let me know and I'll do the best I can to explain it
    I assume something along the lines of tracking number of hexes tossed out, along with pixie ticks and sleep cloud accounted for, decaying over time?
  • Glevich said:
    Well, I downloaded and tweaked it a bit (as I'm not warrior nor monk) to just show some h/m/e stuff.. Then I added in a sleep tracker (with the help of @Ushaara ) Really like how it's set up and playing on a laptop with minimal room, doesn't take up much stuff. Now to just get a few more things set in for how I completely like it and I'll be golden! Thanks for the code

EDIT: If you want to see what I did for the sleep tracking addition, let me know and I'll do the best I can to explain it
    What resolution do you play in?  (I ask because my resolution makes the font look unreadable)