Why would removing the present counter be nicer? The more you open, the better your odds of getting something good!
saw this comment and thought to give my perspective on this on. I would like to state that this is not a 'whine' or 'complaining', but simply the system in perspective from a player and suggestions for enhancements.
Yes the idea that we can open more presents to get better presents
seems nice but in its current mechanics, the present counter feels more
like a chore. The standard present percent barely drops by 1% for every
gift opened, and the chance of getting one starts at roughly 80% as is,
which means alot of basic herbs, commodities, gold, things we generally
already have an abundance of.
- Additionally, having in each
present category another percentage of what gifts you would get
(determined by their rarity) feels like a slap in the face. We not
only are being forced to open lower-quality gifts, but also have a chance
to get the lowest quality item in said gift? It feels overworked, and
not in the good way.
- The old gnomes will -always- be cherished
for how great they were, but I admit they were problematic. The current
system could work but in its current state, only the 'Elite' players are
really experiencing the 'joy of solstice' since they are buying
presents in bulk and dont really feel the effects of this new system as
much as regular players. The idea of solstice was giving to all players,
in its limited time available in lusternia, the chance for great
gifts....but with the current system, that chance seem like a dim spot
in the distance.
- Gnomes were nerfed in 2 ways, first it was made that one can only gain 1 gift from a gnome every hour, and then it their quality of getting an artifact was put into the current system; this felt like overkill. I'd have suggested one or the other (preferably the first) but it seems a bit too late for that, so below will be my suggestions to try and make this system more likeable.
- Change it that each present will increase the counter to get superior gifts by %5-10%, and then divided by 2 for Exceptional and then again for Ultimate (so it could be %6, %3, %1). If you wish to go into it deeper, make the percentage based upon the rarity of the gift gotten.
- Alot of the gifts in each categories seem to be of the same concept (such as a doll) but each is given its own percentage. This not only feels like it is cluttering it up, but also is taking away chances for other gifts (I know for a fact some people are drowning in dolls currently). Change it to all be in one percentage, as I did below to it and beepbeep toys.
[ CHANCE FOR STANDARD PRESENTS ]
Type Min Max Chance
Gold 5000 10000 27%
Dingbats 10 15 <1%
Credits 10 15 <1%
Commodities 50 150 18%
Liquid 50 150 18%
Talking doll 1 2 20%
A pack of five Ikons 1 1 3%
A package containing five magic item curios 1 1 1%
A package containing five damage resistance curios 1 1 1%
A package containing five damage enhancement curios 1 1 1%
A package containing five travel curios 1 1 1%
A Czigany coin 1 3 2%
A dose of wackodoru reagent 1 3 1%
A dose of kikikoru reagent 1 3 1%
A Beepbeep Toy 1 1 3%
Prayer Beads of the Gods 1 1 <1%
Wakabidrome tickets 3 5 <1%
Aethergoop 1 3 <1%
A package containing five vivid hair curios 1 1 1%
A package containing five posh hair curios 1 1 1%
A package containing five fine hair curios 1 1 1%
A package containing five exotic hair curios 1 1 1%
- Several of the gifts in each category are just a copy but with a bit of an increased amount gained, specially the general items (liquids, commodities, etc.). Though the intent here is good, this roughly just translates to us having a -much- bigger chance to get these general items which, truth be told, is considered the worst thing someone can get. Put the general items (Liquids, Commodities, Gold) only in one category, Standard. If you would insist one, then perhaps just gold in superior, but no one wants to open their first superior or exceptional gift and find commodities or liquids inside.
- Some items in categories dont feel like they should be so high. For example, I'd remove the bandolier and deck of fates from exceptional and put it in superior. Additionally, I'd start placing the gifts obtainable into categories, such as below:
Utility Gift (pogo stick, yoyo, etc.) 5%
Damage enhancement (Runes, etc.) 3%
Trade gifts (paintbrush, etc.) 10%
- Lastly, I'd ask that a timer be placed in the PRESENTS command, that shows us how long ago we had obtained a gnome present and when we may open another one. This is more just for utility reasons.